Seasons changing at random?

I don't know if this is a bug or a mechanic of the game. I've tried finding people who have had this problem and can't find anything. My world went from winter to spring to winter again. I'm on my longest game ever at day 221 and was thinking it might just do that after a while but I couldn't find anyone talking about this anywhere. Is it a bug?

Yeah, did you open a Chest discovered next to a Cold Box and Thermometer?

If you did open that chest you found what was known as a winter trap.

Also, to understand if this is a bug or not (if you did not open a chest,) could you explain how long you were at spring before it became winter again and what you were doing last before the change?

No, the cold box in the cave is not a trap, but a different set piece found in caves. But the cave rapid time catch-up reminds me of an old problem where "time passing" rapidly updated sometimes.

Let us know if this happens again.

If it is not some one time save game slot thing, report your own original post and ask it be moved to the Bug Tracker  section.

Edit your original post, adding which Don't Starve version (Original, Reign of Giants) you are using, its version number, and it's the Playstation 4 console version.

This will help answer if there are any updates or hotfixes, and if it's a workaround solution, a one-time glitch that was updated, or something that needs further research.  While not hoping it's gone bad, i hope this was just somehow linked to that one save game and won't ever happen again. 

But let Klei know if it does. 

Archived