More "art" for the bored

There are a lot of people worldwide starving, and giving some of those people a mayo sandwich would be easy for me, and helpful for them. But instead, I am dipping into the art section of Don't Starve! (it may seem ironic, but it's not!)

Feedback is greatly appreciated, as long as it's constructive. That means...

"it's ugly" lacks a reason and/or improvement suggestion. With that, negative feedback is fine.

"it's fancy" is not saying anything more than a like (there is a like button at the end of every post). Say what you like about it the most.

That is what I want from you, but what do you want from me? Send me a PM or suggest it down below! I don't promise anything!

I like my art sketchy, since it leaves room for imagination, but I may upload "finished" art from time to time.

Without further ado, here's my first work: a comic sketch!

EDIT: Fixed his lunch

post-390644-0-28233900-1408524756_thumb.

Edited by Mobbstar
  • Like 11

I am sorry for Maxwell, I made him look like a derp. To make up for that, I could fix his facial expression, but instead, I make Wilson a herp too!

Now who is the undoubted master of drawing derpy facial expressions and still be able to call it art? That's right: my inspiration is no-one less than Pablo Picasso

I will upload something more... viewable at some point, so don't think that I'm a bad artist! I'm just freely exploring the fields of art.

post-390644-0-70688300-1408611371_thumb.

• Like 2

I didn't plan on uploading anything sketchy yet, but Truthseeker tempted me :(

Good thing they didn't have phones back in early 20. century, right?

As with every sketch, there are some seeeecrets.

I have to improve my "hand writting" so it doesn't look like a childs...

• Like 1

Hey, ho, here we go! More fart for the board!

This time my Blocks That Matter fell into the art-stewer with Don't Starve in it! Look at this!

I love to see video game cross-overs. Any cross-overs even, if the are done cleverly. As such, I love to come up with them too!

You thought I can't put basic shading or gentle highlights, did you? Well, you were wrong! I can put basic shading, and only that! :p

Next, I think I'll try making a GIF. (unless I get a fantastic idea :friendly_wink:)

Also, here's your smallish tallbotird, bob!

post-390644-0-10478800-1408810455_thumb.

• Like 1

"Nothing can penetrate my invisible walls!"

We all know what he's talking about   ;) ;) ;) *wink* *wink*

Yes,... the invisible walls around the coast nothing can go through (except for many things).

That's disgusting. Someone needs to cleanse your noggin'.

Here! Have a taste of love. Pixely, crude, badly timed love.

post-390644-0-17243800-1408949165_thumb.

• Like 3

Also, could someone be so kind and tell me how to add "1 images" to my signature? I'm goofed and fooled by the idea of putting it on dropbox and co., and the intuitive "drag&drop" didn't work either.

EDIT: let me try attaching it to this.

EDIT2: YAY!

Edited by Mobbstar

Good Evenoorning Everybody! 'Nother comic is up!

This time I spiced it up with a little Terraria! You know, that adventure side-scroller that was supposedly a Minecraft clone, and then two space adventure side-scrollers popped up and are supposedly Terraria clones (the Terraria head dev works on one of those "clones" as well...)

I hope you get the joke! It's not an obvious one this time.

Say what you think about the cartoon-ish run/movement visualizations as well!

The next post will be a proper GIF, so it'll take some time. Stay tuned!

post-390644-0-33887100-1409137429_thumb.

• Like 1

This time I spiced it up with a little Terraria! You know, that adventure side-scroller that was supposedly a Minecraft clone, and then two space adventure side-scrollers popped up and are supposedly Terraria clones (the Terraria head dev works on one of those "clones" as well...)

Is it just a coincidence that some friends of mine got back into Terraria just a few days ago?

Remember when I told you about a proper GIF? Yeah, I don't know anyone who believed the proper part. Anyways...

Wes + Music = 'Nuff Said

well, almost...

ILEGAL STUFF I guess

If you want this GIF for a non-profit fun purpose, make sure you're in the green with Klei, send me a personal message for custom speed/transparency, put credit and a link to here and share your... thing with us on this thread!

IART COMMENTS
I am not good at lining things up properly... But the shadings are really helpful. Just don't look at it directly.
The steps are disproportional as well...

IGOTTA LOVE WES
Wes is awesome, you gotta play him to understand his greatness. I'm gonna push more Wes. Wes is love, Wes is life. Wes Wes Wes Wes Wes. I haven't actually unlocked Wes yet. Wes will lead us to musical superiosity.

EDIT: split "Music" into two links. Enjoy!

post-390644-0-55010100-1409331817_thumb.

Edited by Mobbstar
  • Like 2

Hey, ho, here we go! More fart for the board!

This time my Blocks That Matter fell into the art-stewer with Don't Starve in it! Look at this!

I love to see video game cross-overs. Any cross-overs even, if the are done cleverly. As such, I love to come up with them too!

You thought I can't put basic shading or gentle highlights, did you? Well, you were wrong! I can put basic shading, and only that! :razz:

Next, I think I'll try making a GIF. (unless I get a fantastic idea :friendly_wink:)

Also, here's your smallish tallbotird, bob!

watching_avengers_i_understood_a_gif_ref

• Like 1

I'm posting this quickly because there's a terrible thunderstorm and my internet connection is getting weaker by the minute.

If no tornado forms and destroys all the local backbone knots, I'll post another comic strip tomorrow at the same time!

post-390644-0-62864100-1409500919_thumb.

• Like 2