Hoping for some basic tips/hints for new people like me that are just joining in lol. gotta ask cause already done 10 new games and i always lose one (then both) of my agents in first 1-2 missions (got to mission 3 ONCE) and trying to see if theres any tips or anything to help me figure out why the hell i keep getting in so much trouble lol. almost to were I'm start splitting my team every time and find the exit and loot what i can and speed dash out before level 3 alarms lol.

I use deckard and shalem to me they're super good deckard for mobility shalem for range and tips take it super slow peek every door before opening make sure you don't go greedy for money / safes cause if a guard is guarding and you find the elevator forget to safe go elevator you want to get far who cares for money it'll erase if you die or beat the game enjoy and have fun also and don't forget you'll rage alot :D

Well I played the game from the alpha build and your doing about as well as me. :p One tip I can offer is play more agreesivly then you think you should. Playing too guarded will casue you problems as the alarm goes up. Also some times you just have to cut your losses and book it.

I am looking into ways of dealing with the Null Drones.You can't hack them and one was stationary in a position that locked my elevator exit. Since it's a machine I couldn't use Noise Ping either and didn't have damaging items in that particular situation (I was just unlocking Shalem, who couldn't run for some reason).

Something I would like to know the first time I played:

• Peeking requires 1 action point.
  • Watching a guard also requires 1 action point.
  • Holding on to a guard body keeps the KO countdown at max.

Also, does anyone knows how to deal with drones? They always kill me...

At least some drones can be hacked to take control for 1 turn.

Use that turn to kill other drones, or just move them out of the way.

I was in situation where there was a guard and a drone, I hacked the drone and it killed the guard, the next turn it killed me.  :frown:

thanks guys. finally learned to stop trying to get every loot/info and keep team close but not too close. i end up trying to keep a "safe" room with at least 2 LoS breakers (not 1 2by1 but two separate ones) so that if i have to i can try and have my agents hide and wait for the damned guards to move on. even if it takes 6 turns after level 6 alarm -shudder-

Well, I've compiled a small list of basic advice. This is based on 11 playthroughs. (In my last playthrough I've somehow managed to get through the sixth infiltration with all agents alive, with good upgrades and great equipment...)

My basic tips would be:

1) (Most important tip): keep off fighting the guards until the last possible moment of your infiltration. 

It is better to make it with all agents back in the elevator in the last round of an infiltration by stunning guards at that point, then attacking them early on. Since they will start patrolling more aggressively making it even harder to do anything in the infiltration.

2) Also do NOT kill guards.

It steps up alarm as soon as a corpse is discovered and since the killing is most likely done by gunfire the noise WILL attract new guards.Use it really as a last resort, like when you escape. But the attention plus the step up in the alarm will wreck havoc on any strategy you had up until the point the first guard dies.

3) Closing doors cost no AP(!),

So use it all the time, keep closing doors behind you and you will not be found as fast by a guard who happens to walk by an open door.

4) Use the electronic device search from Banks often

In the beginning I found I never used it. What a shame! Here you have a tool that looks through walls, in multiple rooms and shows where all the 'good' stuff is hidden. There is almost no better way to scout out new areas then by using this device carried by Banks.

5) Try to hack as much as you can in the early stages of a level

Especially early on you when you find multiple electronical devices to hack and they will be available at a relatively low power cost. In my first few turns I try to scout as much as possible and then unlock vaults and camera's just before the alarm raises one level. Because it is better to disable 3 cameras now with 3 points then having to spend 6 a turn later. Also in the last stages of the alarm on a level you should be heading towards the exit, you won't have time to clear out vaults anymore and camera's and turrets are way to expensive to hack at that point.

5)  Disable camera's, instead of avoiding them

in the beginning I tried to find ways around them but - unless there are obvious roundabouts visible - don't even bother. They will get in your way soon enough, disable them early on (see tip 4)

6) Don't forget you have multiple agents.

I often had them go their own way, try to get as much assets as possible and find the elevator. This is good strategy, but as soon as one of your agents gets trapped by patrols or aggressive guards, use the other agent to make some noise (open a door nearby or just run) to lure that one away and allow the trapped agent to escape without having to stun or kill (see tip 1 and 2).

7) Do not avoid risk.

My best game was played when taking some calculated risks and just really going for it. In the first few playthroughs I played risk adverse, sometimes waiting several turns with my agent on full AP for a patrol to pass by or get through a room I needed to pass (it is bad strategy see tip 9). In those cases you get quickly owned by increased patrols and elite guards hunting you down. In my last playthroughs (the more successful ones) I've often passed behind a guard or hid in the same room, making shrewd use of cover or make another agent lure him away. It will enable you to pass a guard patrolling without wasting valuable AP's.

8) Spend, spend.. 

Invisible, inc doesn't actually encourage you to save up credits for later. Especially when you start out you should spend credits as much as you can. I found the edge I got from obtaining extra equipment and that extra inv. slot outweighs the fact that I sometimes couldn't buy an expensive upgrade later on. But at that point I did have all my 3 agents alive and I was getting more credits from a level then I did in the beginning, so it was always within reach on or after a next infiltration.

9) AP unspend is a waste of valuable resources

This one is closely related to tip 7, but I do want to mention it anyway. Like with the credits you got to spend to survive. Not moving and progressing means the guards get stronger. Stronger guards win. In my last playthrough I only once had an agent end his turn with full AP. It was because he was that close to the elevator and a guard passed by, so I didn't want to compromise the location for the other agents still in the building. Other then that I've put my full AP to use on every turn, scouting, obtaining and helping out other agents (see tip 6).

So, those are my 'basic' tips. For what they are worth, other players might find totally different strategies working better for them. As for me: I have really made progress in this game by abiding to the 9 tips above. Even though some of them seem obvious, make sure you really are AWARE of all of them when making decisions.

Good luck, don't let the difficulty get you down, once you manage your own strategy (with some flexibility) you will be top agent in no time.

4) Use the electronic device search from Banks often

In the beginning I found I never used it. What a shame! Here you have a tool that looks through walls, in multiple rooms and shows where all the 'good' stuff is hidden. There is almost no better way to scout out new areas then by using this device carried by Banks.

Pretty sure Internationale has the widget detector. Other than that, great tips. 

Hi annic, good tips you wrote here. I want to discuss some points though:

0) You've got two tips n°5 ;)

4 ) Like said above, it's Internationale special device (and i'm not sure we shall call it a device since it's not in the inventory).

5-1) I would precise you rather start to hack only the necessary, and just before alarm raises level 2, you spend the maximum of your power. But it's a bit touchier to do (you have to remember to keep an eye on the alarm level). Also, you must try to hack daemon free devices before the protected ones, because most of the time daemon ruin your power output, so you'll be ending with difficulties to hack everything.

5-2) I'll add that cameras (and soundbugs) hacked will provide eyes (and ears) for you and that's really useful. Especially that you can use agent's AP to observe movement of guards in sight of your cameras!

8) If you know you're gonna raid some nano-manufacture vestibule, it could help to save a reasonnable amount of money since you can probably buy multiple useful items (with a good choice of augments) in their vault.

Congrats again.

Thanks for your input, Raaaahman. I absolutely agree with you on all points.

I found some typos and other errors krept into my post (like me not being able to count to 10). But I couldn't edit my post afterwards. 

The most obvious error being the device carried around by Internationale and not Banks, which was also pointed out by DustyCoyote.

Other then that I think that it is mostly my strategy, it works for me in helping me make good decisions.

My tip #8 is really useful for when you've just started out with a new team of agents. In my first few playthroughs I tried to build up a decent bank account and got owned on infiltration two or three. When I decided to equip and upgrade my agents first and not worry about getting credits I really noticed a difference in what they could handle and then later in the game, with 3 well equipped agents, you will find getting credits is easier (still not easy, mind you, but easier).

If more people can contribute and comment on my tips I might paste them all into one new thread without the errors.

In fact I couldn't agree more with your tips and would like to tanslate them in french for a video game community I like.

It's the CanardPC forum, built around the magazine of the same name. About one or two years ago, a member made a site: Biendebuter.net to hold guides (in french) for various video games, and the magazine's staff associated with him. Now they're asking for other players to propose tips.

With your permission I will translate (manually) your tips and ask for you to be credited. 

With your permission I will translate (manually) your tips and ask for you to be credited. 

By all means, go ahead. 

But please, make sure to remove the errors, I made quite a few in that post... :hopelessness: 

By all means, go ahead.

Done! I'm not sure you read french though but I thought you'd like to know. I've redone the wording (especially part when you talk of your playthough), but it's essentially the same tips. We will study it (most likely throw random comments to say we agree) and then publish it semi-officially. How would you like to be credited? Annic/Real name/other pseudo, link on your website?

My one tip? Since you're going to fail and restart a lot in the beginning, don't be afraid of trying something crazy, or testing a theory about how you think the game works. Worst case, you're restarting, but you're probably going to anyway. But odds are you'll learn something about how the mechanics work, or how the guards behave, like line of sight or pinning guards to keep them knocked out (experimentation is how I learned both of those.)

Basic tips?

Be cautious, know when to risk, and know when to retreat. The game basically plays like XCOM: EU in ironman mode and many tips from the game could be used here.

1. Find the third agent ASAP. Browse for detention center mission and go for it. If there is an agent captured then get him/her, if not calculate the risk of freeing the prisoner vs luring the guard out of the position. 

2. Before entering any room, peek. This costs just 1 AP and substantially improve your survival chance.

3. You can observe the guard behavior by clicking at the eye icon, cost 1 AP.

4. When entering the room, the guard doesn't look at the tile next to the door most of the time. Park your agent there to avoid stunning and alerting the guard.

5. Close the door, be a good guest to your pesky host. This limits the guard's LoS.

6. Running generates noise and can be used to lure the guard out of stationary position.

7. Moving into a 'half' red area in LoS will make the guard move toward the tile with question mark icon. Use this to lure him out of the way.

8. You have limited turn that allow you to move easily through the map. I usually running toward the exit at alarm level 3. Finding the objective and get it done within that time is the best way to keep your agent alive. Afterall, your agents are irreplaceable.

9. Medpack is pointless. Once your agent is downed, the guards will running from all over the place to check it. There is literally no chance you can revive your agent without alerting another guard.

10. Remember to move all agents and prisoners every turn. 

9. Medpack is pointless. Once your agent is downed, the guards will running from all over the place to check it. There is literally no chance you can revive your agent without alerting another guard.

Medpack is essential, to the point that it should be nerfed somehow or raised in price. I've revived people over and over after death, even with level 6 alarm. You just have to be patient and either wait guards out or lure them away.

Archived