Playstation 3 Release

Hello,

I was wondering if there were any plans for a Playstation 3 Release. I am aware of the PS Vita and the Playstation 4 releases and I am also aware of the console exclusivity agreement Klei signed with Sony. Henceforth, why not release on all three Sony consoles.

Thanks for any replies,

jakesully123456 

:juggling:

Note: Before anyone snaps at me for asking this question (as someone did when a user asked about an Xbox 360 release) I have searched the forums with the keywords ps3 and playstation 3 and got nothing. Although I am surprised that this question has not been asked already.

I see the point of releasing it only for PS4, but Klei isn't Sony and unless they have an agreement to only release on PS4 and Vita Don't Starve should run on PS3? Surely, because it's more powerful than my PC and my PC runs DS on full graphics at around 40 FPS which is very good and the PS3 should be more powerful than this, the argument that PS3 is not powerful enough is also further made redundant by the fact that the PS3 can run Grand Theft Auto V, one of the most demanding games at the moment, very well.

Henceforth, unless Sony and Klei have a specific agreement to only release to new consoles, there should be no inhibiting factors, except perhaps some code-rewriting...

My question now, is as follows:

Are they obliged by their agreement with Sony not to release a copy on PS3, because this would be a good market as many people are still using PS3s, in fact, many are still being sold second hand.

Thanks for any replies,

jakesully123456

:juggling:

Bit of a necro, maybe, but, you do realize that to publish on Sony's store, Klei has to go through Sony, right? So if Sony doesn't want Don't Starve on Ps3, then Klei can't put it there.

Also I'm contractually obligated to inform you that your PS3 is highly unlikely to be more powerful than your PC.

Archived