Graphics card question, Mac.

Hey all, I just started playing don't starve on the computer as I mainly play on the PS4. I have a Macbook Pro that has the Nvidia Geforce gt 330m graphics card built in. I read the system and hardware requirements for the game but I have no idea if the graphics card I have is adequate. I have been having some framerate issues sometimes that's why I ask. The computer also has 8gb of ram, a 500 gig hd. I've read elsewhere you sometimes need to update the drivers for a graphics card but I don't think I can do that with this card for some reason. Any information would be much appreciated. Please dumb down responses as the technical lingo will go right over my head. Thank you in advance.

And this is why I posted my earlier reply for other users to read.

This response has been answered before only a few days ago using an even slower build of computer.

Even using the show previous replies or reading back a couple of pages would have revealed it.  

If you have questions on how to update drivers, do contact your nearest Macintosh support if unsure if needed or not

Thank you however for posting a detailed posting explaining your concern, but please do use the search feature before making new posts.

In fairness though "Will It run" did not make it clear by the title alone it was a macbook as well. but do check for previous threads asking this question when you can. Look before you post. Thanks. 

Unfortunately, I'm a PC user, but hopefully I can help. I found someone else asking about issues with Macbook Pro on Reddit. Different symptoms, but maybe it's related? There's a link to the Apple support site in that thread.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dontstarve/comments/2ddx3u/macbook_pro_user_brightness_issue/

This game has issues with integrated graphic cards, because integrated GPUs often won't supply dedicated memory. Macbook Pro seems to use the integrated GPU by default, but offers the ability to switch on a case-by-case basis. Can you try adjusting your settings so that it uses discrete instead of integrated and see if that fixes the problem?

Once again multiquote is not working and immediately takes me to a reply page with the first quote i select, so I'll ask you read the OP again mony.

They aren't having problems with their computer's graphics cards with this game, but are worried they would due to framerate, and do not know how to update their drivers if they needed to (which they likely do not.)

All which (besides the drivers) is addressed by my earlier reply link to the previous thread. It would run on this computer. (Only the IBM with its very specific Intel integrated graphics would have problems, not the architecture of the mac setup.)  

Archived