I have played Don't Starve almost since it came out (So a long time!) and I cant beat it! I know the ending isn't necessary or anything but I am a DeviantArt artist and one of the only Don't Starve animators on YouTube! I absolutely ADORE Don't Starve! I don't want to start my comics without knowing the end! I know I don't need to see the end but its been picking at my mind as I draw and then I try and fail at Don't Starve. I have not made it past day 40, I have RoG, I have never passed chapter 2 and I really REALLY want to cheat!

I know all the commands and I know I can find the ending on YouTube but I love feeling the achievement of beating something! I don't want to cheat my way through and I know almost everything there is to know about the game!

I also have seen a lot of spoilers:

SPOILER ALERT

I know Maxwell sits on the shadow throne and brings other victims into the Don't Starve world to be his puppets. I know about "them"  but I only know that they are mentioned by Maxwell. I know all about William Carter and Charlie. I know that Maxwell turns to ash and Wilson replaces him but is placed back in the main world.

SPOILER END

BTW

I will not use any other character besides Wilson P. Higgsbury

I don't want to see the comments spammed with survival tips and HOLD ON BUDDY YOU MIGHT NOT FAIL IN 6 YEARS

I absolutely REFUSE to stop making artwork and animations

I REALLY Don't want to make my comics without knowing the end!

Don't Starve is an amazing game though....

13/10 Klei!

EDIT : I realized I didnt leave much for people to say! I am just so mad at the game right now...

oh well! if you guys have any tips that you think will help no matter what it is about please let me know!

Gamesense, this game is completely randomized, the only way you're going to finish this game, is if you play it more, learn to survive different situations, no-one here is going to be able to give you a comprehensive list of things that could happen and how to deal with them. If you're refusing to use any character other than Wilson, there's nothing I can say, you're limiting yourself for absolutely no reason.

And if you don't want us to say "Hold on, you may not fail in a couple of years" or survival tips, then what do you want us to say? You want us to spoil the ending for you? You want us to say "Oh go ahead, just make the comic anyways" You're not leaving very much room for, well, anything. (Implying that you could control what we post here, are you new to the internet? :3)

Gamesense, this game is completely randomized, the only way you're going to finish this game, is if you play it more, learn to survive different situations, no-one here is going to be able to give you a comprehensive list of things that could happen and how to deal with them. If you're refusing to use any character other than Wilson, there's nothing I can say, you're limiting yourself for absolutely no reason.

And if you don't want us to say "Hold on, you may not fail in a couple of years" or survival tips, then what do you want us to say? You want us to spoil the ending for you? You want us to say "Oh go ahead, just make the comic anyways" You're not leaving very much room for, well, anything. (Implying that you could control what we post here, are you new to the internet? :3)

I guess thats true! I am just so pissed at the game right now because I died on chapter 2 and I feel like breaking my computer!

I will find some way to deal with it!

I assume you mean Adventure Mode - I beat it with Wilson after many many attempts, but not with RoG.  It's much harder with RoG, so I'd suggest deactivating RoG until you've completed it.

And restart till you get either Archipelago or The Game is Afoot for your first chapter, as these usually allow you to prepare a bit for the harder ones like King of Winter.

Took me several months to beat Adventure mode. Failed 3 times on the Darkness chapter hehe. So frustrating.  But I finally did it. It just takes time and you have to learn from every mistake. I beat it with Wilson in RoG (though my RoG run was bugged as I never experienced Summer, Frog Rain, or Lightning Strikes. Very odd but I would have handled them regardless).

What I'm about to write you probably won't like.

And I apologize if it reads harshly because i am trying to post supportively here.

But people who are very upset look for help and encouragement positively, but can also react badly to any negative feedback as well. Know my hope for you is to complete AM. 

But honestly, if this is how you are acting after completing one chapter then failing (and it took me 8 months with all my tried and tested knowledge I had to beat AM so I know where I am coming from when it comes to having to learn to calm down and be [censored] patient,)  you are not ready yet. 

Until you are able to master basic fundamentals that allow you to survive on your world for hundreds of days and seasonal years of game time, you are (most likely) not even ready to begin AM.

If you are without a second though able to go and survive 400+ days, go into the caves and rebuild there all while handling onslaughts of hounds/depths worms without worry, then you are easily ready for this, with proper mental checklist planning. 

But if you can't wait for that level of readiness and want to keep trying now, it will (with a VERY high likelihood) be that you will keep failing.

You are trying to handle advanced situations that you simply have not experienced how to overcome.

And I don't mean once or twice. 

I mean constantly, frequently, if not always. I can't detail further why without spoilers in AM. 

Add to that you made the challenge outrageously harder by doing so with the Reign of Giants expansion!

Not only is that RoG game mode itself for advanced players as much as the caves are in Regular or Sandbox Mode, it exponentially complicates an already more exponentially complicated Adventure Mode before Reign of Giants! 

Yes I know you made it through a chapter. And my congratulations on that!

But it doesn't even get remotely easier SOMETIMES, until you are at chapter 3....if not later. 

And that was for us, in Vanilla DS AM.

We didn't have to deal with a potential permanent Summer world (meaning also no Summer Season overheating us and permanently burning out stuff we gathered around us,) rotting drying racks/crock pots, starving trapped animals, Giants outside of Deerclops, Spring Rains (and the corresponding wetness) etc.

And that's not even counting the final chapter 5 tasks. 

Again, the reason is you are in such difficulty is this is an advanced challenge, and the only way one can overcome these kinds of obstacles is a mastery-not proficiency but MASTERY-of DS fundamentals. 

What I am about to recommend may seem harsh, even "a bit unfair" but it will help you not only become a better mastering the basics player, but possibly finish AM easier: 

Start a new unchecked RoG game, and learn how to play before RoG.

When you can survive a minimum of 350+ days easily, find (if not found already) Maxwell's Door and start Adventure Mode. 

No other gaming tips or tricks here for AM or SM, just master your fundamentals, and try on the basic world.

When you win that, then you may be ready to learn how to handle advanced things like caving and RoG. Even beat AM again on RoG in another save slot. 

But without mastery of basic abilities, you aren't ready for impromptu advanced tricks and missing or limited resources (which all starting AM worlds do until Chapter 3-4.) 

If you need help, tips, specific questions answered, I and others here (and the DS Wiki) will be glad to help.

But master your basics (and your focus) and try again.

Again, I'm sorry this is not the  answer you were expecting to hear most likely. 

I youtubed the end cinematic. I also used a code to unlock all the characters to try out balloons and Maxwell (which I since reverted and unlocked all but Wes legitimately). It did mitigate the feels of beating adventure mode, but I did get to experience it twice. My advice is to watch the ending on youtube like me, then take it at your own pace without the frustration of anticipation/time.

@the truth seeker. Wow, that's a really good summary of the requirements for Adventure Mode (okay, maybe not summary). I've been able to survive up to slightly over a hundred days twice, once escaped from the world with the wooden thing without knowing what it would actually do, and continued from there ended up dying within seconds in the ruins after another hundred of days (fully upgraded WX). Now that I know what I should target before actually attempting Adventure Mode, in which I tried before using WX, and failed, pretty badly (making to only chapter 2). I would really like to thank shujuju for saying it all out. Least I can do now is aim at 350+ days, fully explore the ruins, and ultimately, complete Adventure Mode.

Not sure if this falls under survival tips. But try a smaller world. It will be easier to find the items to get to the next level. This will reduce the time you spend in each world. I personally use a reveal map mod because I like huge worlds. But exploring that much takes too much time that I don't have.

Not sure if this falls under survival tips. But try a smaller world. It will be easier to find the items to get to the next level. This will reduce the time you spend in each world. I personally use a reveal map mod because I like huge worlds. But exploring that much takes too much time that I don't have.

Definitely makes it easier, but you still don't learn exploration basics with its default size (how to explorer the world while also having enough focus surviving it and getting set up before the next season change based on how you explore that size of a world.) 

Normally that wouldn't be an issue if you always play alone, but with Don't Starve Together coming out, it might help if players familiarize themselves how to do this on a regularly-sized world, then adjust it bigger/smaller if they so like it in future games. 

You can watch a guide on everyworld, I did this after I failed for about 10 times for the first 2 worlds and afterwards I survived easily alone

theres not much to say since you are way more experienced than me and I dont know any survival secrets, but what I think you should do is read up on the world and think about your strategy before, for example, do you want to ingore the things, settle down and survive until winter ends, or keep moving while burning stuff and eating barries? (Note that some world have infinite winter)

Archived