The World is Against Us! Update Idea

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea?

• yes, and ALL of this should be added!
    • yes, but some of these shouldn't be added (Please comment what/why)
    • no, but I like some (Please comment what/why)
    • no, all of it is terrible (Please comment why)
    • yes, but change the name. (Please comment what I should change it to)

post-439778-0-10740400-1407521807_thumb.

Spine-tingling horrors await you, new spells to bend the odds, even two new characters! Are you ready to face the nightmares alone?

This is an update idea with several creepy, terrifying beings! Enjoy!

I am new here, and this is my first post, so please, go easy on me :-)

New characters:

(Sorry, no sprites)

Wahid, The Unparraled Fright

"Do you fear the dark? It is only wise..."

• Has a deadly, terrifying secret! ( Is a vampire. Gains health, fullness, and sanity from attacking things, takes damage when in direct sunlight (Must use parasol/umbrella or stay under trees during day time.))
  • Cannot eat.
  • has a dapper cloak. (Starts with Vampire Cape (See below for more on that.))

(Sorry again about the sprite-less-ness)

Wekesa, the reborn horror

"Grrraaaahhh. GGGGGGRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH..."

•  Is a zombie (enemies drop brains, which wekesa can eat to gain fullness and health. Gets stronger during night.)
  • Can only eat meat and brains
  • Loses limbs (when at 3/4 health, Wekesa will gain a weapon called "Zombie Arm" which can not be unequipped. Allows the user to attack, but only deals minimal damage. counts as all tool types, but all the weakest forms of them.
  • When at 1/2 health, Wekesa will gain a hat called "Zombie Head" which can not be unequipped. It gives no defense.
  • When at 1/4 health, Wekesa will get a torso equip called "Zombie body" which gives no defense and cannot be unequipped. When life is completely refilled, Wekesa will lose all three items.)
  • Has lots of health, fullness, and sanity.

New Enemies:

Vampire Bats

Health: 150

Attack period: 3

Attack Range: 3

"Walking" Speed: 5

"Running" Speed: 7

Insanity Aura: -30

Loot: None

Spawns from: Plugged/Unplugged Sinkholes

Desc: Vampire Bats are passive monsters, that eat any meat they see. If you get within their attack range, they might attack you once as a warning. If you attack them, they will transform into vampires.

Character Desc:

Wilson: Your typical vampire bat.

Willow: Small. easy enought to burn.

Wolfgang: It small. I can beat it!

Wendy: Adorable. Do you wanna play?

WX-78: OVERRATED.

Wickerbottom: These things would be terrible in a library!

Woodie: It reminds me of something...

Maxwell: A small bat. I sense more though...

Wigfrid: A terrifying thing!

Webber: frrriiieeennnnddd?

Vampires

Health: 600

Attack Period: 3

Walking Speed: 8

Running Speed: 10

Insanity aura: -35

Loot: Vampire's Cape, Vampire's Eye

Spawns from: Attacking a vampire Bat, if the vampire bat did not die in one hit.

Desc: Vampires are forces to be reckoned with, but only spawn if the player attacks a vampire bat. They will give chase, and are extremely hostile. When their attacks successfully hit, the vampire will gain life. They lose 300 life if you drop a garlic petal (More about that later) and they step on it. So gather your garlic!

Character Desc:

Peculiarly strong-looking Vampire Bat

Health: 1600

Attack period: None

Attack Range: None

Walking Speed: 3

Running Speed: 5

Insanity Aura: -40

loot: None

Desc: This is the way to unlock Wahid, the unparraled Fear! When you attack this completely passive bat, all other vampire bats will attack, not turning into vampires. The peculiarly strong-looking Vampire Bat will transform into Wahid, but die after touching the ground. he dissapears and can be played as a playable character. This NPC is ALWAYS surrounded by at least 4 vampire bats (One on each side, +more.)

Character Description:

Wilson: better not mess with him.

Willow: I wonder if it's fur will catch fire...

Wolfgang: Eek! Get away from that thing!

Wendy: I like it.

WX-78: ANOTHER NATURAL ABOMINATION.

Wickerbottom: Disgusting, to say the least.

Woodie: it isn't a tree.

Maxwell: I sense more than a bat.

Wigfrid: Prepare for Valhalla, being!

Webber: Brother?

Chess Piece: Pawns

Pawns appear as WX-78, but no arms and their body is slimmer in the middle. They are melee units that only spawn in the chess biome. The queen and king should be for later updates.

New items:

Garlic Plant: One of many things that can be grown at a farm. Picking it gives 7-9 Garlic petals.

Garlic Petal: You cannot cook garlic, and eating garlic alone raises very little hunger and deals 20 damage to you. It should mostly be used against vampires or cooking with other things in a crockpot.

Garlic Necklace: Crafted at a science machine using 2 twigs and 7 garlic cloves. Takes your torso slot to equip. Makes Vampires take constant damage if they are close enough to you.

Character Desc:

Wilson: Smells bad. I don't know why I made it.

Willow: Smells bad. Do not burn!

Wolfgang: Bad smell, but manly.

Wendy: I will repel all...good... with this!

WX-78: NATURAL JUNK.

Wickerbottom: Why I made this is beyond me.

Woodie: I should really refrain from doing before thinking.

Maxwell: This should make for a good luck charm.

Wigfrid: I will use this to destroy all vampires!

Webber: Sssssmell! Sssssmmeeeeeellly!

Garlic Roast: Cooked in a crockpot using one piece of meat (Morsel, monster meat, etc.), one garlic petal, and two fillers. Fills 33.3 Fullness.

Your inner Darkness: Your inner darkness is a spell.

Crafted by: 2 Papyrus, 2 nightmare fuel and 1 vampire's eye at a prestihatitor

Desc: This spell will cost 50% current sanity, and release a shadow of your character (Equip and all) to move towards the closest hostile mob. When the shadow touches that mob, the mob will take 100 damage and your shadow will dissapear. using this twice inbetween 10 minutes (Even if you are at full sanity again) will raise the amount of nightmare monsters seen/spawn rate go up by 10%. So be warned, this spell is not to mess up willy-nilly! It also uses 10% durabilty whenever you use it!

How to feast like a Werewolf: A guide to eating more conservatively

Crafted by: 2 Papyrus, 1 of any meat, 2 of any non-meat food at a prestihatitor

Desc: teaches you to feast like a werewolf! After using this, it will lose 10 durabilty, you will lose 33.3% sanity, and the next food you eat is 5% more filling. If you eat a food that has an ingredient from a living neutral/hostile thing (I.e. you eat bacon and eggs, eggs, any meat...) then that monster will become hostile towards you and have a 20% higher spawn rate for 10 minutes. (This can be used for good OR bad!)

An interview with a Vampire

Crafted by: 2 papyrus, 1 Vampire's Cape, and 1 Vampire's eye at a prestihatitor

Desc: At the cost of 33.3% sanity and 10 durability, you may gain 50% of the damage you deal as life, hunger, and sanity! Be warned though, as this lasts for 5 minutes, and you cannot eat during that time! make sure your prepared to battle before using this!

Vampire's Cape:

Dropped by Vampires.

Desc: Gives 5% life steal with every attack. Takes torso slot.

Wilson: A sturdy, luxurious cape.

Willow: Looks flammable.

Wolfgang: I Super-hero now!

Woodie: Chopping wood in fashion!

maxwell: Quite an entriguing cape.

Wendy: The back of my insuperior friend.

WX-78: HUMAN CREATION.

Wickerbottom: It's a normal cape.

Wigfrid: A cape great enough for me even!

Webber: Silky. I like it.

Vampire's Eye

Dropped by Vampires.

Is a crafting material.

Character Desc:

Wilson: Vampires exist?

Willow: I wish I burned it.

Wolfgang: I tough man. This proof!

Wendy: it's comforting to stare back at.

WX-78: VISION SENSORS OF NATURE

Wickerbottom: Distgusting!

Woodie: An eye-for-an-eye.

Maxwell: I could see me using this for something...

Wigfrid: My trophy is the beast's eye!

Webber: It had too little of them.

Stick of nightmares:

Crafted By: 1 nightmare fuel, 2 sticks at a  prestihatitor.

Desc: Summons a little shadow pet!

Pets:

Little Shadow:

Is a minitiure Shadow Monster.

Desc: Insanity Aura: -2 sanity/second. Attacks enemies, each attacking is a melee bite that deals 30-40 damage. Appears as a nightmare monster of a spider.

Uh, first off, if you were trying to make this creepy...well, there's no non-insulting way to say this, but it's not.  Vampires are not scary.  Secondly, most (if not all) of the items are unbalanced.  How to feast like a Werewolf, for example, would be completely useless; the negatives outweigh the positives that much.  And, the final nail in the coffin (badum-tish) is that none of this is very unique or creative, and therefore would not fit into Don't Starve.

Sorry to meet your first post with such negativity, but these are just my opinions.

:/

Wahid is just too similiar to Wigfrid;  Wekesa doesn't really fit the DS style (brains?); bats exist already, they are called batlisks.

I can see you put a lot of effort in these suggestions, but sorry, I don't think this update should be a thing.

As a religious Webber player...The Quotes don't fit.Also just because he is a monster, that does not mean every other monster is his brother.

As for the rest of the update... We already have Batalisks, or however you spell that.

The zombie doesn't fit, just like the rest of the update...

Sorry No... just no.

attachicon.gifAgainst_Us_Banner.png

Spine-tingling horrors await you, new spells to bend the odds, even two new characters! Are you ready to face the nightmares alone?

This is an update idea with several creepy, terrifying beings! Enjoy!

I am new here, and this is my first post, so please, go easy on me :-)

New characters:

(Sorry, no sprites)

Wahid, The Unparraled Fright

"Do you fear the dark? It is only wise..."

• Has a deadly, terrifying secret! ( Is a vampire. Gains health, fullness, and sanity from attacking things, takes damage when in direct sunlight (Must use parasol/umbrella or stay under trees during day time.))
  • Cannot eat.
  • has a dapper cloak. (Starts with Vampire Cape (See below for more on that.))

(Sorry again about the sprite-less-ness)

Wekesa, the reborn horror

"Grrraaaahhh. GGGGGGRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH..."

•  Is a zombie (enemies drop brains, which wekesa can eat to gain fullness and health. Gets stronger during night.)
  • Can only eat meat and brains
  • Loses limbs (when at 3/4 health, Wekesa will gain a weapon called "Zombie Arm" which can not be unequipped. Allows the user to attack, but only deals minimal damage. counts as all tool types, but all the weakest forms of them.
  • When at 1/2 health, Wekesa will gain a hat called "Zombie Head" which can not be unequipped. It gives no defense.
  • When at 1/4 health, Wekesa will get a torso equip called "Zombie body" which gives no defense and cannot be unequipped. When life is completely refilled, Wekesa will lose all three items.)
  • Has lots of health, fullness, and sanity.

New Enemies:

Vampire Bats

Health: 150

Attack period: 3

"Walking" Speed: 5

"Running" Speed: 7

Insanity Aura: -30

Loot: None

Desc: Vampire Bats are passive monsters, that eat any meat they see. If you get within their attack range, they might attack you once as a warning. If you attack them, they will transform into vampires.

Character Desc:

Wilson: Your typical vampire bat.

Willow: Small. easy enought to burn.

Wolfgang: It small. I can beat it!

Wendy: Adorable. Do you wanna play?

WX-78: OVERRATED.

Wickerbottom: These things would be terrible in a library!

Woodie: It reminds me of something...

Maxwell: A small bat. I sense more though...

Wigfrid: A terrifying thing!

Webber: frrriiieeennnnddd?

Vampires

Health: 600

Attack Period: 3

Walking Speed: 8

Running Speed: 10

Insanity aura: -35

Loot: Vampire's Cape, Vampire's Eye

Spawns from: Attacking a vampire Bat, if the vampire bat did not die in one hit.

Desc: Vampires are forces to be reckoned with, but only spawn if the player attacks a vampire bat. They will give chase, and are extremely hostile. When their attacks successfully hit, the vampire will gain life. They lose 300 life if you drop a garlic petal (More about that later) and they step on it. So gather your garlic!

Character Desc:

Peculiarly strong-looking Vampire Bat

Health: 1600

Attack period: None

Attack Range: None

Walking Speed: 3

Running Speed: 5

Insanity Aura: -40

loot: None

Desc: This is the way to unlock Wahid, the unparraled Fear! When you attack this completely passive bat, all other vampire bats will attack, not turning into vampires. The peculiarly strong-looking Vampire Bat will transform into Wahid, but die after touching the ground. he dissapears and can be played as a playable character. This NPC is ALWAYS surrounded by at least 4 vampire bats (One on each side, +more.)

Character Description:

Wilson: better not mess with him.

Willow: I wonder if it's fur will catch fire...

Wolfgang: Eek! Get away from that thing!

Wendy: I like it.

WX-78: ANOTHER NATURAL ABOMINATION.

Wickerbottom: Disgusting, to say the least.

Woodie: it isn't a tree.

Maxwell: I sense more than a bat.

Wigfrid: Prepare for Valhalla, being!

Webber: Brother?

Chess Piece: Pawns

Pawns appear as WX-78, but no arms and their body is slimmer in the middle. They are melee units that only spawn in the chess biome. The queen and king should be for later updates.

New items:

Garlic Plant: One of many things that can be grown at a farm. Picking it gives 7-9 Garlic petals.

Garlic Petal: You cannot cook garlic, and eating garlic alone raises very little hunger and deals 20 damage to you. It should mostly be used against vampires or cooking with other things in a crockpot.

Garlic Necklace: Crafted at a science machine using 2 twigs and 7 garlic cloves. Takes your torso slot to equip. Makes Vampires take constant damage if they are close enough to you.

Character Desc:

Wilson: Smells bad. I don't know why I made it.

Willow: Smells bad. Do not burn!

Wolfgang: Bad smell, but manly.

Wendy: I will repel all...good... with this!

WX-78: NATURAL JUNK.

Wickerbottom: Why I made this is beyond me.

Woodie: I should really refrain from doing before thinking.

Maxwell: This should make for a good luck charm.

Wigfrid: I will use this to destroy all vampires!

Webber: Sssssmell! Sssssmmeeeeeellly!

Garlic Roast: Cooked in a crockpot using one piece of meat (Morsel, monster meat, etc.), one garlic petal, and two fillers. Fills 33.3 Fullness.

Your inner Darkness: Your inner darkness is a spell.

Crafted by: 2 Papyrus, 2 nightmare fuel and 1 vampire's eye at a prestihatitor

Desc: This spell will cost 50% current sanity, and release a shadow of your character (Equip and all) to move towards the closest hostile mob. When the shadow touches that mob, the mob will take 100 damage and your shadow will dissapear. using this twice inbetween 10 minutes (Even if you are at full sanity again) will raise the amount of nightmare monsters seen/spawn rate go up by 10%. So be warned, this spell is not to mess up willy-nilly! It also uses 10% durabilty whenever you use it!

How to feast like a Werewolf: A guide to eating more conservatively

Crafted by: 2 Papyrus, 1 of any meat, 2 of any non-meat food at a prestihatitor

Desc: teaches you to feast like a werewolf! After using this, it will lose 10 durabilty, you will lose 33.3% sanity, and the next food you eat is 5% more filling. If you eat a food that has an ingredient from a living neutral/hostile thing (I.e. you eat bacon and eggs, eggs, any meat...) then that monster will become hostile towards you and have a 20% higher spawn rate for 10 minutes. (This can be used for good OR bad!)

An interview with a Vampire

Crafted by: 2 papyrus, 1 Vampire's Cape, and 1 Vampire's eye at a prestihatitor

Desc: At the cost of 33.3% sanity and 10 durability, you may gain 50% of the damage you deal as life, hunger, and sanity! Be warned though, as this lasts for 5 minutes, and you cannot eat during that time! make sure your prepared to battle before using this!

Vampire's Cape:

Dropped by Vampires.

Desc: Gives 5% life steal with every attack. Takes torso slot.

Wilson: A sturdy, luxurious cape.

Willow: Looks flammable.

Wolfgang: I Super-hero now!

Woodie: Chopping wood in fashion!

maxwell: Quite an entriguing cape.

Wendy: The back of my insuperior friend.

WX-78: HUMAN CREATION.

Wickerbottom: It's a normal cape.

Wigfrid: A cape great enough for me even!

Webber: Silky. I like it.

Vampire's Eye

Dropped by Vampires.

Is a crafting material.

Character Desc:

Wilson: Vampires exist?

Willow: I wish I burned it.

Wolfgang: I tough man. This proof!

Wendy: it's comforting to stare back at.

WX-78: VISION SENSORS OF NATURE

Wickerbottom: Distgusting!

Woodie: An eye-for-an-eye.

Maxwell: I could see me using this for something...

Wigfrid: My trophy is the beast's eye!

Webber: It had too little of them.

Stick of nightmares:

Crafted By: 1 nightmare fuel, 2 sticks at a  prestihatitor.

Desc: Summons a little shadow pet!

Pets:

Little Shadow:

Is a minitiure Shadow Monster.

Desc: Insanity Aura: -2 sanity/second. Attacks enemies, each attacking is a melee bite that deals 30-40 damage. Appears as a nightmare monster of a spider.

I think you should meet a  psychiatrist.

Archived