A nagging problem with the Houndius Shootius

Just because I used to do it  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a cave banana?

• I am a cave banana, eat me.
    • And I too am a cave banana, eat me.
    • I really don't like these poll options. But I am also a cave banana.

So there I was happily placing my bee boxes in my base. And all is well.

However when I try to harvest them the 2 houndius shootius turrets that I have aggro the bees as they try to attack me for stealing their honey and, naturally, this results in a large amount of dead bees. Dead bees results in greatly reduced honey production.

I just wanted to know if there was any way round this exept from complety removing the turrets or the bee boxes.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated :grin:

PS: I wasn't sure if this should go in general discussion or feedback. I haven't used the forums in a while.

Your only option is really to move your bees as, sadly, you are not able to move a houndius shootius turret as they are technically living things. The only time it's safe to gather honey is during winter when bees don't leave their hives but don't make any honey either :(

That's not true, they produce very very little I've noticed. I don't know how they do it, I am always away and when I come back from the beefalo: Honey!

Move your bee boxes, I have 9 houndious from 3 worlds that guard the entrance to my base in a peninsula.  The bee boxes are built far enough away from my houndious, but right next to my 10 bunny hutch.  Every spring the bunnies would kill all my bees.  

As much as I wanted to keep everything within my peninsula, and stop giants from getting to them before I do.  You have to move your bee boxes away from anything that it can attack.  

Useful tip: Put the boxes on a road, with a walking cane you can easily avoid bee attacks while harvesting

Well, I was going to reply, but cave bananas don't write posts....

Just this once as an exception?

Move your Bee Boxes as everybody has said why. And in the future, plan accordingly with anything that can turn hostile you do NOT want shot at. 

I have the same sort of problem with Abigail when playing as Wendy. She loves to kill the bees when I harvest a box.

I just build more bee boxes to compensate for the decreased production due to bee death from individual boxes.

Abigail will stop attacking after a few seconds if mobs are not targeting her or Wendy, or if Wendy moves a large distance away (about two screens).

Repeat as needed. 

Houndius shootius; how is it a livong thing anyway? A dead ryhorn's horn, a dead deer cyclops eye and some thulecite decorated on it makes a living creature? Well in that case so is my meat effegy. I wanna deconstruct those houndius shootius and stuff. They should be possible to move in some way!

I do have a potential solution for you - actually, two.

The problem is that the bees aggro on you when you harvest, right?

• The vanilla way is to wait until all bees are out of the hive, then harvest it. no beez rage.
  • The modz way is this little mod which means bees no longer aggro you on harvesting if you are wearing a beekeeper hat. It hardly seems unbalanced, or game breaking OP, and it will fix your little nuance.

Hope that helps!

I do have a potential solution for you - actually, two.

The problem is that the bees aggro on you when you harvest, right?

• The vanilla way is to wait until all bees are out of the hive, then harvest it. no beez rage.
  • The modz way is this little mod which means bees no longer aggro you on harvesting if you are wearing a beekeeper hat. It hardly seems unbalanced, or game breaking OP, and it will fix your little nuance.

Hope that helps!

Thank you sooooo much that mod was perfect!

Archived