Hmm ive been wondering...

So this might sound dumb, but what if, say your playing with one friend so it's two of you, and you die,drop all your stuff, wouldn't you just be able to join your friend again and get your stuff back? Wouldn't that make things a bit too easy, I'm not against DST,heck, I can't wait for it but there are many things unclear.

So this might sound dumb, but what if, say your playing with one friend so it's two of you, and you die,drop all your stuff, wouldn't you just be able to join your friend again and get your stuff back? Wouldn't that make things a bit too easy, I'm not against DST,heck, I can't wait for it but there are many things unclear.

We don't know. None of us have played DST or heard anything other than what you already know, to give you a solid answer.

I'm confident whatever Klei decide to do will be the right one.

It's not going to be that simple. They obviously want to remove some punishment so it doesn't quickly become a singleplayer game, but they still want death to be a bit of a setback. We don't know much more than that.

It's not going to be that simple. They obviously want to remove some punishment so it doesn't quickly become a singleplayer game, but they still want death to be a bit of a setback. We don't know much more than that.

Oh now I get it.

So when you die (if you don't set permadeath, that is) you will become a ghost (like SethRsaid). You would have to find anything that resurrects you (meat effigies and touchstones in this case). Disconnecting and Reconnecting would only leave you still as a ghost.

Oh now I get it.

So when you die (if you don't set permadeath, that is) you will become a ghost (like SethRsaid). You would have to find anything that resurrects you (meat effigies and touchstones in this case). Disconnecting and Reconnecting would only leave you still as a ghost.

but what if the player decided to remain as a ghost for ever, would there be any penaulty?

SethR mentioned the reduction of max health. I think he means the ghost's health but idk.

I think that means the ghosts themselves can die if they dont ressurect fast enough, haunting things is said to slow down the reduction of the ghost hunger and then the ghost health.

I think its going to work a lot like normal hunger and health, just no way to replenish it.

wait then what happens if you die as a ghost

wait then what happens if you die as a ghost

you cease to exist as a soul and never achieve spiritual perfection. Or that would just be the perma-death thing.(which I'm very afraid of turning into just having to rejoin the game in a random place, with a new character and with your map erased. DUN DO DIS, KLEI)

Archived