Where do we stand on Hunger Games?

Nope, you are right. They updated the game at some point to have "starvinggames" in the mod folder, along with other DST things. (They even appear in the in game mod section, see for yourself!)

So, chances are we will get a hunger games like gamemode as an official mod by klei, either that or I am horribly mistaken and it is only a red herring.

(I think the other things were "messenger" "deathwatch" and "leaderboards")

My guess is on red herring. Just saying, it sounds like one if there hasn't been any updates since months.

Ok now i changed idea, i don't want this as a mod or a private server, i want an official gamemode from Klei, i mean, i've read all the books (films suck) and Don't starve is just the perfect game, you shouldn't even compare the DS hunger games with the Gmod and Minecraft ones, i mean, they're completely different things, like King of Squirrels said, the player-vs-nature would change everything, for example:

Hunger games in minecraft:
You spawn, search some chests, kill some noob players and stay away from the pro ones, if you find a good sword and armor you win, if not you lose.

Hunger games in Don't starve:
Spawn, go to find food, stay away from players with a good armor/weapon, find resources, find presets, try to survive the night with a fire or attack people who have resources but not a torch (because in the night they can't follow you), try to survive the overheating/freezing, maybe kill some pigmans or other mobs, trying to not die, kill people with resources you need, try to find the only eyebone in the world (idea for take the flag? Lol) Use a pig army against your enemies (OOHH YES, IT WOULD BE AWESOME), set enemy bases on fire, freeze them, set them on fire, use tooth and bee traps, hide, go to the center of the map if you're well equipped, search players to kill, don't go in the killer beehives, or do if you want to kill someone who is chasing you, cooperate with someone, betray him, take advantage of the biome (Swamp or whatever), and another infinity of possibilities, is just awesome.

I mean, if there is one game who really need the hunger games that game is Don't starve, no question about this.

Ok now i changed idea, i don't want this as a mod or a private server, i want an official gamemode from Klei, i mean, i've read all the books (films suck) and Don't starve is just the perfect game, you shouldn't even compare the DS hunger games with the Gmod and Minecraft ones, i mean, they're completely different things, like King of Squirrels said, the player-vs-nature would change everything, for example:

Hunger games in minecraft:

You spawn, search some chests, kill some noob players and stay away from the pro ones, if you find a good sword and armor you win, if not you lose.

Hunger games in Don't starve:

Spawn, go to find food, stay away from players with a good armor/weapon, find resources, find presets, try to survive the night with a fire or attack people who have resources but not a torch (because in the night they can't follow you), try to survive the overheating/freezing, maybe kill some pigmans or other mobs, trying to not die, kill people with resources you need, try to find the only eyebone in the world (idea for take the flag? Lol) Use a pig army against your enemies (OOHH YES, IT WOULD BE AWESOME), set enemy bases on fire, freeze them, set them on fire, use tooth and bee traps, hide, go to the center of the map if you're well equipped, search players to kill, don't go in the killer beehives, or do if you want to kill someone who is chasing you, cooperate with someone, betray him, take advantage of the biome (Swamp or whatever), and another infinity of possibilities, is just awesome.

I mean, if there is one game who really need the hunger games that game is Don't starve, no question about this.

I hope this comes out diplomatically, I having difficulty recently with conveying what I meant without emotional cues.

It won't happen. 

Not only is it outside of the Theme of Klei's game, permission would have to be gotten from the novel's author and/or the motion picture company just to use it as an official licensed product if sold commercially this way. 

Unless we see a mob of people demanding this, it's not even going to be considered based on the cost and difficulty getting permission. 

That was written in a sad-but-true tone. 

I hope this comes out diplomatically, I having difficulty recently with conveying what I meant without emotional cues.

It won't happen. 

Not only is it outside of the Theme of Klei's game, permission would have to be gotten from the novel's author and/or the motion picture company just to use it as an official licensed product if sold commercially this way. 

Unless we see a mob of people demanding this, it's not even going to be considered based on the cost and difficulty getting permission. 

That was written in a sad-but-true tone. 

I don´t know. They could change it up a bit, call it something else, like "Death match" or "Free for all" or "Last Man Standing".

I mean, they can´t sue just because they use a similar concept, hell, look at Battle Royal for Christ christ sakes!

I don´t really get the "It´s not part of Klei´s theme" argument, remember The Screecher?

I don´t know. They could change it up a bit, call it something else, like "Death match" or "Free for all" or "Last Man Standing".

I mean, they can´t sue just because they use a similar concept, hell, look at Battle Royal for Christ christ sakes!

I don´t really get the "It´s not part of Klei´s theme" argument, remember The Screecher?

The Screecher was to show the potential of what the modders could ideally do. It also was released shortly before the Halloween contest. As you can see, no further mods of that genre were ever done (unfortunately) by Klei as a public release with the game. 

And the point was for the modders to do the work, thus validating my argument even more on this topic. 

If klei will actually makes this gamemode, then they should make it as a mod like the screecher, but that's the most I expect to happen. Probably it won't, but making a mod for these gamemodes will be possible (it kind of is already)

Archived