Vs. Maxwell Mode

I actually believe I saw this before somewhere, but I feel like I'd like to post my own idea on this.  Vs. Maxwell Mode would basically be multiplayer adventure mode, but one player plays as a character on the Nightmare Throne (presumably Maxwell), and this player would attempt to stop the others from getting to him/her.

The character on the Shadow Throne would have a Bird's Eye view of the area, and be able to view any player alive (or ghost)  The NTC (Nightmare Throne Character) could have different abilities and have cooldown for using them.

- Be able to spawn certain things (suggestions would be nice)

-Materialize, and become a shadow version of your character.  You don't need food or have sanity, just health.  You drain players sanity, and you spawn with a shadow weapon of some sorts to hurt players with.  Insane characters take more damage.

-Reanimate skeletons to attack players.

-Enrage player ghosts, causing them to hurt players in their radius for a while.

-Materialize Shadow Creatures, making them visible and attack all players, sane or insane.

-Possess some types of creatures.

-Suggest some ideas too!

All the other mechanics work exacty like DST otherwise.  When players reach Epilouge,  they could be forced to duke it out, with the winner getting the Rod.  Using the rod will put you on the throne, and the player on it orginally is thrown into the game with everyone else at chapter 1.  If the NTC wins, everyone starts back at chapter 1.  I'd think this could be a mod of some sorts after DST is released, but I would love some suggestions from the community, positive and/or negative.

I've always been a fan of versus games and game modes (left 4 dead, evolve) I think it would be really cool to play as "the bad guy" (Maxwell) .

Perhaps you would have a meter that fills up overtime and you could spend certain amounts of the meter on different things like spawning spiders, shortening the day, starting fires etc.

Actually I think a point system would be better. This would give the player a choice on what to spend their points on. Should I spend them all on spawning deerclops or should I spend them on a number of smaller things. In my opinion a system like this might work better than a cooldown system as it forces the player to make a choice on how to kill their prey.

It would be pretty fun tormenting your friends and watching them die slow horrible deaths.... is there something wrong with me?

It would be pretty fun tormenting your friends and watching them die slow horrible deaths. Is there something wrong with me?

As long as you don't acknowledge there's something wrong with you, then you're fine!

Seriously, though, I do think this is an excellent idea, within reason.

Not a fan of idea, sounds like something that would be very hard to make, and maybe even more to balance. If they happen to work on more stuff after the MP mode I'd rather for them to work on more character, creature or late-game challenges, not this.

Not a fan of idea, sounds like something that would be very hard to make, and maybe even more to balance. If they happen to work on more stuff after the MP mode I'd rather for them to work on more character, creature or late-game challenges, not this.

So would I,  I put the suggestion here because I do think I would be neat, though I saw this more of a modded thing, it could be something in real DS.

I feel there has to be some sort of "karma" value, so that you can't spawn in a whole bunch of Shadow Creatures and call it a day. For example, you might be only allowed a certain amount of "bad" things per day, or you have to accumulate points by doing "good" things like spawning in Koalefant tracks or growing flowers.

I feel there has to be some sort of "karma" value, so that you can't spawn in a whole bunch of Shadow Creatures and call it a day. For example, you might be only allowed a certain amount of "bad" things per day, or you have to accumulate points by doing "good" things like spawning in Koalefant tracks or growing flowers.

That sounds like a good idea, giving balance to it all.  However, who's to say those koalaphant tracks aren't leading to, oh, maybe a Warg?  >:D

Cooldown system similar to how it works in PvZ I think. The smaller things take less time to recharge and less points to spawn, but do less. If you play your cards right, you could bait them right into a deathtrap, just how Maxwell would probably do. Obviously Giants would have a high recharge time, and I still think the player should get a notification if one was spawned. I mean I think it'd be a bit cheap to lure a player through a wormhole in promise of a Thing and just immediately spawn a Dragonfly on their face. 

But like someone mentioned above, the Puppetmaster does get to see where the player is whenever they choose, so needing to think a few steps ahead shouldn't be that big of an issue. It is just another game of Chess anyway, isn't it? 

I'd love for this to be added, but considering that it's pretty much a Total Conversion kind of thing, i'd expect it to be a whole DLC instead of just a free update. Although, contrary to what someone else said, I would much rather something as cool and different as this to different characters.

Thought of some ideas.

There is 3 levels with the Protoganists and the Antagonist. (To kinda keep the 1920's Play-theme) 

There is 3 protoganists and only one antagonist. You can be whoever you want and once you're done choosing your characters the game randomly selects the Antagonist. Every level a new antagonist is chosen (No repeats)

Objective

Get through both levels to reach the Antagonist. Complete the objective before the Antagonist or your fellow protoganists make you fall to the ground! There can only be one winner so you get to decide if you want to work together untill the final part so you all don't die or race the others to get more points than the others The protagonists start off with a log suit and spear each level. All maps are small sized variations of their larger king (Around 5 minutes for each level) Days in each level are 4 minutes long (3 sunlight 1 night)

First Level. 

Scramble to find the 5 things throughout the map. 

Second Level. 1/2

Hunt rabbits and other meat giving animals to raise a pig army to get through a gate which requires you to have atleast 5 pigs and challenge and destroy all the spider nests around to gain access to the teleportato. (Webber loses his Spider taming ability and pig hostility) 

Second Level. 2/2

On a rare occasion you are given 3 mining helmets and must find chests scattered around the caves with carrots once you rally up enough Bunnymen you have to get through the bunny gate and take out all the spiders in the vicinity and then you have to kill the Big Tentacle. Once you're done with that bid your new friends a goodbye and rake the already built teleportato (Webber loses his spider taming and bunny hostility 

Third Level

Mine enough stone and build a formidable base before the start of the second day to fend off constant hound attacks (a wave of 6  every 2 minutes) If atleast one survives till day 3 the protagonists wins

Fouth Level 

Gather trinkets around the map and give them to the pig king! If you gather 8 of them you might make him so happy he will give you the parts of a teleportato!

Bonus Final Level

Reach the Nightmare throne while escaping the shadow versions of the antagonist and meteor showers! 

Antagonist

The antagonist doesn't get to move around but can choose which protagonist that he's following and nightmare fuel falls from the top of the screen every 5 seconds and you have to pick them up or a 50 nightmare fuel(Ala PVZ) Then you can spend the nightmare fuel on devilish things to slow down the protagonists

Level 1

125 nightmare fuel spawn a small monster. Spider, or Hound Cooldown 10 seconds

200 fuel. Spawn a mob spawning thing. Spider Den, Killer Bee zone Cooldown 1 minute

350 fuel  Spawn a big mob, Tallbird,Bishop,Knight Cooldown 35 seconds

400 fuel. Start a fire somewhere Cooldown 1 minute

600 fuel. Spawn a free roam giant Once per level

Level 2 Overworld

125 nightmare fuel spawn a small monster. Spider, or hound. Cooldown 10 seconds

200 fuel turn a pig into a were-pig. Cooldown 40 seconds

350 fuel spawn a big mob, Tallbird,Bishop,Knight Cooldown 35 seconds

450 fuel. Spawn a killer bee hive Cooldown 1 minute

600 fuel. Spawn a Keeper of the Forest

More ideas pending you guys like my ideas!

Archived