Are Quarries now smaller?

Perhaps I have had a run of bad luck (and one stupid time when I forgot to switch my winter hat with my pig helmet, but I digress) but whenever I load a RoG new world, i seem to get either a medium quarry with zero (or maybe 1 at most) Tallbirds or one of those quarries where another Biome bisects it in half, or those "mini quarries" with only a few rocks total (and maybe 1 or 2 of them are gold rocks.) I am not using any custom settings or mods that altered the Biome environment (Always on and Architectural Geometry only.) When I played a vanillia game, it appeared I generated a full quarry. 

So, is a lesser quarry intentional (or quarries spread out over the whole map?) if so, this is quite annoying, since it costs 4 more gold and six more rocks (2 cust stone) just to make an Alchemy Engine alone (let alone the new items/revised old items which demand a lot more gold and rocks/cut stone also!)

Or-once again-is my famous luck making an appearance and I just have to explore more/count that the gold is the same/it's spread out over tumbleweeds/Catcoons actually? 

i think it's bad luck :-) don't forget that there is always a small quarry in the mosaic and SOMETIMES(often) a big quarry over the world...

I wasn't even mentioning the Mosaic, (which loads normally.) it just seems weird I never ever got that big quarry. I almost always found it in the first season before; now I do not, assuming it's there to be found. It feels like the exception rather than the norm it once was in vanilla.

Again, if it's just my my kluck that is just bad these (checks) last 4 new games in RoG, then it's that. 

anyway, you have the caves that have a LOT of gold/rocks :-)

But that doesn't help me in the first year (to first two years depending on the character.)

Trying to survive the first summer/winter is bad enough without worrying if you have enough Light/combat resources for cave mineral recon.

(I was stupid and tried once, and got swarmed by a huge amount of spiders in that first adjoining room! Not a regular option for me if I barely have a football helmet and Ham Bat/tentacle Spike levels. And of course, no fireflies in the base region I set up. So did I want to go looking for fireflies, or set up a food stockpile for the upcoming season?) 

I usually set world size to huge and sometimes get small quarries, other times I get huge ones. Just luck of the draw I think. Same thing with swamps on a huge world. Sometimes huge other times tiny.

Caves are a good source but sometimes you don't always get what your looking for. Nitre, for example is what I usually go underground for once I exhaust all the rocks on the surface. It's definitely hit or miss. Sometimes I come out with a stack of 20 other times just one or 2.

Archived