smooth-landing

• Create Account

Photo

Invisible, Inc. coming to Steam Early Access August 19!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Bigfoot

Bigfoot
  • Klei Founder

• 348 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

POPULAR

Alright, we're almost there! Invisible, Inc. is coming out on Steam Early Access on August 19. For those of you new here, Invisible, Inc. is a procedural turn-based stealth game where you control an elite group of spies, infiltrating into corporate locations for information and financial gain.

The game features procedurally generated levels, permadeath, and is a stealth game through and through. We've spent almost 2 years working hard and iterating with these fundamental principles, and we're finally ready to show our work to wide world of Steam. We hope you enjoy it, too!

Attached File  invisibleincsplash.png   785.1KB   26 downloads

Here are some of the things we've been working on since our Alpha build:

Mission Map

The game now has a mission map, where you can select your own locations. Some of them have specific objectives -- others are simply there for you to raid for financial gain. Be careful, though, the corporations are getting stronger by the day.

Campaign Mode

You have 72 hours to prepare for a final mission. Choose your locations carefully, Operator. There's still plenty of content to add to the campaign, but what's there now is already plenty meaty. 

Endless Mode

Complete Story Mode to unlock Endless Mode! Build up your agency and see how long you can last in the unforgiving world of corporate espionage!

New Mainframe Abilities

Incognita has gotten an overhaul, and now has a suite of programs. You'll want to upgrade her to maximize hacking efficiency. 

Gameplay and Visual Improvements

Huge amount of gameplay and visual improvements -- too many to list in one go. Some highlights include dragging bodies, way better Line of Sight and cover visualization, huge improvements to the HUD, the aforementioned map, reusable items, hacking drones allows you to control them... and more.

Comments, questions? Have at it!

Okay, back to work for me! 

[EDIT: added info about Story Mode]

#2 the truthseeker

the truthseeker
  • I believe in Chester Day

• 5433 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

Gameplay and Visual Improvements

Huge amount of gameplay and visual improvements -- too many to list in one go. Some highlights include dragging bodies, way better Line of Sight and cover visualization, huge improvements to the HUD, the aforementioned map, resuable items, hacking drones allows you to control them... and more.

Comments, questions? Have at it!

Okay, back to work for me! 

You had me at dragging bodies....

I AM,
--the truthseeker
I Believe in Chester Day

#3 IllusiveS

IllusiveS

• 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

Finnaly :D

Are you guys going to show up at gamescon? 

And what do you mean that there is no "end game" are you planning to have some story mode? Or more like xcom style mission to win the game?

#4 jamesl

jamesl
  • Technical Designer

• 136 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

Finnaly :grin:

And what do you mean that there is no "end game" are you planning to have some story mode? Or more like xcom style mission to win the game?

Once we're satisfied with the flow of the rest of the game, we'll be adding something more structured to the end of the game -- think a particularly tough challenge, like the final boss of FTL. We're still discussing exactly what it means to have a "boss" in Invisible, but rest assured that you will not be shooting a bad guy with a huge health bar!

#5 dontstarver.wiki

dontstarver.wiki

• 224 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

great news :) thumbs up @klei

regards

.:: MODS ::.

.:: TUTORIAL :: Converting Textures ::.

:: We're a part of Klei Entertainment ::

#6 Leftythewarlock

Leftythewarlock

• 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

This might sound silly, but... How much will the game cost on Steam Early Access? 

#7 Bigfoot

Bigfoot
  • Klei Founder

• 348 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

Finnaly :grin:

Alas, no Gamescom, but we will be at PAX in full force. Our PAX booth is going to be something to behold, I promise.

This might sound silly, but... How much will the game cost on Steam Early Access?

The game is $19.99 but during Early Access it will be $15.99. Thanks for playing and supporting our games while they're still in development!

#8 Skg

Skg

• 44 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

The game is $19.99 but during Early Access it will be $15.99. Thanks for playing and supporting our games while they're still in development!

18 more days already have the counter running!  :listening_headphone

#9 TheCalcutec

TheCalcutec

• 77 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

Very excited, y'all! Good luck in the coming weeks.

#10 Daled

Daled

• 18 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

Really looking forward to the beta release   :joyous:.

Are there some kind plans or as been discussed internally to add a proper base management layer? I think that really fits these type of games, it helps varying the gameplay and I always found interesting to see how the managing layer influences the tactical one and vice versa, the complexity intrigues me and I think that makes all a lot more (again) interesting.  

As always, thanks for being you Klei  :joyous:

Edited by Daled, 01 August 2014 - 11:03 AM.

My english sucks, bear with me  :joyous:

#11 J20hawkz

J20hawkz

• 1459 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

Yes!!!!!!
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves". ~Lao Tzu

Guide, Bugs

Appreciation, Beariger, Responsibility, Suggestions
Wargs&Hounds, World Options, PineShot

PvP, Rebalance SP for MP, Rabbit Holes, Permadeath

#12 jamesl

jamesl
  • Technical Designer

• 136 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

Really looking forward to the beta release   :joyous:.

Are there some kind plans or as been discussed internally to add a proper base management layer? I think that really fits these type of games, it helps varying the gameplay and I always found interesting to see how the managing layer influences the tactical one and vice versa, the complexity intrigues me and I think that makes all a lot more (again) interesting.  

As always, thanks for being you Klei  :joyous:

We don't have any plans right now for adding a base management layer on the scale of X-COM or its ilk. I really enjoy base management stuff in those games as well, but I don't think it's a good fit for Invisible Inc. Part of the reason is that I think it's not the feeling we're aiming for -- we want players to feel like they're controlling a jet-setting group of elite spies that don't have a place to call home. You aren't a giant organization, you're a outcast group of the best and absolutely nowhere is truly safe. 

Gameplay wise, we integrated a lot of the stuff you would do in a base into the world itself (buying items, getting new agents, etc). We do have some of that feeling of building an agency in the map screen, where you can select from missions and upgrade your agents, but in general a base building layer is a bit too heavy for the kind of game we want to make. Short play sessions, very difficult, plenty of restarting -- I feel like all of these things sort of work against the idea of having a long-term base, from a gameplay perspective.

#13 Subscriber01236

Subscriber01236

• 397 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

Oh gaud not naow :c

There's already a few things i need to decide between.

DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE, YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU KLEI ;~;

(btw any estimate on how much it will be? [preferably in £'s so i don't need to google a converter cus im a lazy jerk])

Edited by Subscriber01236, 01 August 2014 - 11:29 AM.

Posted Image
Steam Profile (feel free to add me)
I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. There's no way you can prove anything!

#14 IllusiveS

IllusiveS

• 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

We do have some of that feeling of building an agency in the map screen, where you can select from missions and upgrade your agents

Speaking of agents will i still start with pre defined group of 2? Or is there something new up your sleeve?

#15 jamesl

jamesl
  • Technical Designer

• 136 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

Speaking of agents will i still start with pre defined group of 2? Or is there something new up your sleeve?

At least for the start of the beta, you will start with the pre-defined 2 agents. 

#16 LeoPicasso

LeoPicasso

• 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

I Bought into the alpha awhile back thinking a mac version was available (it wasn't lol) but i wasn't mad at paying for it But this morning i log into steam just checking it says install i press it but says its missing an executable file is the Mac version still a ways away?

Attached Files

#17 Daled

Daled

• 18 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

Thanks for the kind answer, I'm eager to see the new map screen  :joyous:

Edited by Daled, 01 August 2014 - 01:06 PM.

My english sucks, bear with me  :joyous:

#18 Bigfoot

Bigfoot
  • Klei Founder

• 348 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

I Bought into the alpha awhile back thinking a mac version was available (it wasn't lol) but i wasn't mad at paying for it But this morning i log into steam just checking it says install i press it but says its missing an executable file is the Mac version still a ways away?

Mac version is still in progress. I'm hopeful that it'll arrive close to August 19, but I can't promise anything yet.

#19 LeoPicasso

LeoPicasso

• 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

Mac version is still in progress. I'm hopeful that it'll arrive close to August 19, but I can't promise anything yet.

Close as in after or close as in b4

#20 the truthseeker

the truthseeker
  • I believe in Chester Day

• 5433 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

Glad I already own the Alpha! Looking forward to the upgrade of course! 

(And more things to talk about again here :)

I AM,
--the truthseeker
I Believe in Chester Day