Dear Community,

Due to the recent video called "Don't starve:Together Prototype Second Playtest" which featured ghosts in after you died,and each character gets specific customization on them,maybe Wes can be a balloon instead of a ghost,and each time he dies,he gets a different balloon color,i'd like to hear the communities' opinion on this.

Thank you,

Jag :c

Dear Community,

Due to the recent video called "Don't starve:Together Prototype Second Playtest" which featured ghosts in after you died,and each character gets specific customization on them,maybe Wes can be a balloon instead of a ghost,and each time he dies,he gets a different balloon color,i'd like to hear the communities' opinion on this.

Thank you,

Jag :c

*keeps laughing*

This should be in the DST sub-forum.

I am totally for this idea! A balloon with sleepover hair, made of more balloons!

But yes, it belongs here. 

Funny as hell of an idea though!

Eh not really for it, like why would he be a balloon? Is he actually the soul of a balloon trapped in a mimes body? Why not just do this for everyone? Why isnt willows ghost just  a fire? Or wolfgangs dumbbells or something?

Eh not really for it, like why would he be a balloon? Is he actually the soul of a balloon trapped in a mimes body? Why not just do this for everyone? Why isnt willows ghost just  a fire? Or wolfgangs dumbbells or something?

The game isn't supposed to be logical to start with Dreamer....it's like saying why does grass grow at night when in real life it doesn't...

The game isn't supposed to be logical to start with Dreamer....it's like saying why does grass grow at night when in real life it doesn't...

It still doesnt make any sense as to why Wes would be a balloon when dead game-wise anyway. Alright lets make a bit more game sense, Wilson shouldnt turn into a ghost because he doesn't believe in them, or at the very least when dead and a ghost looking freaked out or mad about the situation.

The ghosts work fine as they do now, there's no reason gamewise that Wes would turn into a balloon. Yes he has balloons but they're just balloons, they dont do anything besides drain Wes' sanity.

Also your analogy doesn't make any sense even in this context.

There also need to be a reason why no one else turns into a different objects upon death, despite the games sometimes wacky situations there's still a solid reason behind everything. Wes only has balloons because everyone else got a "strange new power" during the strange new powers update, and the reason why they're useless is because they still wanted to keep Wes the way he was before the update.

So again, why shouldn't other characters do this? Why is Wes special? Are you hoping it would be a plot thing? Because im fine with that, say Maxwell cursed him or something. Just give me a reason why this is happening. Because fine, whatever, make Wes a balloon, but at least make it a solid suggestion other then "lol this would be funny"

There also need to be a reason why no one else turns into a different objects upon death, despite the games sometimes wacky situations there's still a solid reason behind everything. Wes only has balloons because everyone else got a "strange new power" during the strange new powers update, and the reason why they're useless is because they still wanted to keep Wes the way he was before the update.

So again, why shouldn't other characters do this? Why is Wes special? Are you hoping it would be a plot thing? Because im fine with that, say Maxwell cursed him or something. Just give me a reason why this is happening. Because fine, whatever, make Wes a balloon, but at least make it a solid suggestion other then "lol this would be funny"

First,If you saw the video,Wickerbottom has glasses on when she's a ghost as which in this Multiplayer is in Pre-Alpha making it subject to change,secondly i was referring that in Don't starve grass grows at night,that doesn't have a logic to it,and thirdly i never said "lol this would be funny",i stated my opinion on that every character gets his own custom ghost...

First,If you saw the video,Wickerbottom has glasses on when she's a ghost as which in this Multiplayer is in Pre-Alpha making it subject to change,secondly i was referring that in Don't starve grass grows at night,that doesn't have a logic to it,and thirdly i never said "lol this would be funny",i stated my opinion on that every character gets his own custom ghost...

Still the grass grows that way because its on a cycle, its like that for balance reasons.

And yes everyone is going to get a custom ghost, including Wes. It is in pre alpha and subject to change but there needs to be a reason for things to be changed.

Ehhhhh, I'm gonna have to agree with Maximum on this one.  It really doesn't make sense why he should turn into a balloon; and if we're going by that sort of theme, why wouldn't Wilson turn into a beard?  Or Willow into a lighter? 

And furthermore, "because it's funny" is not a reason to add something to the game.  Just saying.

Ehhhhh, I'm gonna have to agree with Maximum on this one.  It really doesn't make sense why he should turn into a balloon; and if we're going by that sort of theme, why wouldn't Wilson turn into a beard?  Or Willow into a lighter? 

And furthermore, "because it's funny" is not a reason to add something to the game.  Just saying.

You're always against me :c

I was agreeing on everything expect the last line. Lots of things are added into games because they're funny, if you don't agree then you haven't seen many games.

I was agreeing on everything expect the last line. Lots of things are added into games because they're funny, if you don't agree then you haven't seen many games.

I was talking about Don't Starve, not games in general.  Granted, there are some silly things in the game, like the Goose/Moose, but I really don't think such ridiculousness should be included in death.

You're always against me :c

Everyone seems to feel like I've got a personal vendetta against them or something.  :p

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I dislike you.  I'm just not a fan of the idea.

I am also with Maximum on this one. There really is no reason why Wes would turn into a balloon unless all of the characters turned into some object. The balloon is not what makes Wes special. His weakness is. And the other reasons have already been stated by Lord_Battal and Maximum.

I swear I posted in this thread. I must have typed it, misclicked and promptly walked away. 

Anyway, I like the idea out of pure silliness but the only way I can see it working is because Wes fails at everything so hard, he just becomes a possessed balloon. 

Wilson turn into a beard

I thought he already was? Maybe I need to get my eyes checked. :razz:

Okay, I stopped rolling on the floor and took a nap. I agree with Dreamer, Wes shouldn't be a balloon.

But can he have a ghost balloon of sorts following his ghost? The idea is just too hilarious to straight-up drop it.

Sheesh, are we going to talk about "logic" before or after the talking pigs and flying friendly spider...what the hell IS Glommer anyway?
(Besides CUUUTE, but I digress....)
It's a game about literal insane-causing things you fight against or rarely ally with. 

Superjail.

For several seasons the Warden was one boring human form. Now in Season 4 (like we do updates in the DS game) he regularly goes all Rebus shapes when he talks? There's another example of "because it's fun and follows its own rules even if not logical" example. It's WES. Maxwell should allow it "just because how much he HATES him" as a good enough an excuse! 

I am also with Maximum on this one. There really is no reason why Wes would turn into a balloon unless all of the characters turned into some object. The balloon is not what makes Wes special. His weakness is. And the other reasons have already been stated by Lord_Battal and Maximum.

I swear I posted in this thread. I must have typed it, misclicked and promptly walked away. 
Anyway, I like the idea out of pure silliness but the only way I can see it working is because Wes fails at everything so hard, he just becomes a possessed balloon. 

I thought he already was? Maybe I need to get my eyes checked. :razz:

And furthermore, "because it's funny" is not a reason to add something to the game.  Just saying.

Sheesh, are we going to talk about "logic" before or after the talking pigs and flying friendly spider...what the hell IS Glommer anyway?

(Besides CUUUTE, but I digress....)

It's a game about literal insane-causing things you fight against or rarely ally with. 

Superjail.

For several seasons the Warden was one boring human form. Now in Season 4 (like we do updates in the DS game) he regularly goes all Rebus shapes when he talks? There's another example of "because it's fun and follows its own rules even if not logical" example. It's WES. Maxwell should allow it "just because how much he HATES him" as a good enough an excuse! 

You are my savior :c

Archived