Best way to get past the Spider Dens in Adventure mode?

so I have FINALLY almost beaten adventure mode, I have 3 teleportato pieces and my divining rod is pointing past a horde of tier 3 spider dens... I burnt about a sixth of them down but that's not helping much, the spiders keep spawning back so I cant trap them all. I'm thinking of just making a break for it but now that I burnt down those dens there is around 20 spiders sleeping on the ground ready to murder me, plus most of the time the spiders are out during the day. what is the best way to get past them? how did you guys get past them?

I also have a chester full of items including the teleportato pieces so i would PREFER a way that doesn't get him killed...

so I have FINALLY almost beaten adventure mode, I have 3 teleportato pieces and my divining rod is pointing past a horde of tier 3 spider dens... I burnt about a sixth of them down but that's not helping much, the spiders keep spawning back so I cant trap them all. I'm thinking of just making a break for it but now that I burnt down those dens there is around 20 spiders sleeping on the ground ready to murder me, plus most of the time the spiders are out during the day. what is the best way to get past them? how did you guys get past them?

I also have a chester full of items including the teleportato pieces so i would PREFER a way that doesn't get him killed...

Based on your description, it sounds like this is "The Game is Afoot." is that Right? Also which character are you, what have you unlocked, what resources do you have currently, what season is it, and is Reign of Giants an issue (such as permanent Summer in said previous world?)

Once we have this info, better tips can be given.  

Based on your description, it sounds like this is "The Game is Afoot." is that Right? Also which character are you, what have you unlocked, what resources do you have currently, what season is it, and is Reign of Giants an issue (such as permanent Summer in said previous world?)

Once we have this info, better tips can be given.  

it is "the game is afoot" (NEVERMIND its a cold reception!)

I am Wilson

I have around 30 grass and twigs, a log suit, a spear, a science machine/alchemy engine, plenty of food, A LOT of beefalo wool and an ice staff (I found it in the Ice Hound trap)

I do have reign of giants but it isn't causing any issues, my sanity is somewhat intact

it is not permanent summer or anything and there hasn't been a summer yet in A cold reception, I also have managed to stay quite dry.

im on day 32 (that is sadly my new record)

Burn the spider dens then when the spiders are sleeping (Day) run pasts them, they will not wake.

but as soon as you step onto the webs a couple spiders come out of the dens, plus wont they target chester?

but as soon as you step onto the webs a couple spiders come out of the dens, plus wont they target chester?

Leave Chester where it is safe, and then just avoid the spiders that come out while making your way to the den.

Just run. That's what I did when I came across the same problem. If I remember correctly, the spiders and some queens were chasing me, I ran pass them, grabbed the teleportato part and ran back passed them again. Eventually, they stopped chasing me.

If you really don't want to take risks and want to make it slow and steady, carefully plant some sapplings near the nests during the day and burn them. Be careful though as some of them might turn into spider queens and that might not be what you want!

Archived