How Much Have You Achieved In Adventure Mode?

38 members have voted

1. 1. How far have you gone?

• Never found the portal.
    • Never beat world one.
    • Never beat world two.
    • Never beat world three.
    • Never beat world four.
    • Never beat world five.
    • Died in the epilogue D:
    • I WON!!!

Finally beat it one day a couple months ago as WX-78. Felt a little like a cheater because of the excessive quantity of gears you get, making recovering sanity, damage, hunger, etc. trivial, but I have no regrets because it was still a pretty significant challenge by the end, and I can finally say I beat it and have all the characters unlocked now. :razz:

Also, the final chapter showed me how truly useful the Miner Hat is. Definitely a great learning experience, that adventure mode, they really push you to try new things in order to survive.

I beat Adventure Mode, but have never found Wes. One day...

And yes, you can die in the Epilogue if you go somewhere dark and let your light run out.

There are some interesting things he has with all the possible ingredients stockpiled and crafted structures stuff including working Teleportato Things that (when assembled) drops you back off there again :grin: But if you don't have a light source fuel with you, you could not have time to explore and find things like this. Those who pre-built stuff in chapter 5 and/or brought fuel for lighting options may have an easier time for perusal.

If you stay on the main path though, not without sanity drain/not having food and starving, which is very difficult to do. 

Finally beat it one day a couple months ago as WX-78. Felt a little like a cheater because of the excessive quantity of gears you get, making recovering sanity, damage, hunger, etc. trivial, but I have no regrets because it was still a pretty significant challenge by the end, and I can finally say I beat it and have all the characters unlocked now. :razz:

Also, the final chapter showed me how truly useful the Miner Hat is. Definitely a great learning experience, that adventure mode, they really push you to try new things in order to survive.

Adventure Mode is super-hard and I have witnessed the game cheat a few times. I have no shame for you doing it Wx upgraded style.

(But I bet you didn't bring fuel with you after chapter 5 and missed the exploration as listed above.)

I beat Adventure Mode, but have never found Wes. One day...

And yes, you can die in the Epilogue if you go somewhere dark and let your light run out.

There are some interesting things he has with all the possible ingredients stockpiled and crafted structures stuff including working Teleportato Things that (when assembled) drops you back off there again :grin: But if you don't have a light source fuel with you, you could not have time to explore and find things like this. Those who pre-built stuff in chapter 5 and/or brought fuel for lighting options may have an easier time for perusal.

If you stay on the main path though, not without sanity drain/not having food and starving, which is very difficult to do. 

Adventure Mode is super-hard and I have witnessed the game cheat a few times. I have no shame for you doing it Wx upgraded style.

(But I bet you didn't bring fuel with you after chapter 5 and missed the exploration as listed above.)

You would actually be wrong on that last point, I had plenty of fireflies in my Miner Hat and gears to spare from previous chapters to keep my stats up, so I explored the living heck out of the surrounding area. It helps that I've got a knack for filling out every little inch of the map, (I'm pretty sure I've got some very light form of OCD, or at least I'm just a big neatfreak with silly insignificant things like that) and like to explore/document as much as I can when finding new stuff in games that really thrive on exploration, Don't Starve being one of the biggest examples, so I can assure you I found all there was to find: The Teleportato, crock pots, chests full of miscellaneous magic materials, I think some statue set pieces maybe? And most significantly,

the dev graveyard!
which was interesting to look through. :razz:

Still, one of these days I'll need to conquer Adventure Mode with Maxwell again so I can free WX and put him back in his place.

You would actually be wrong on that last point, I had plenty of fireflies in my Miner Hat and gears to spare from previous chapters to keep my stats up, so I explored the living heck out of the surrounding area. It helps that I've got a knack for filling out every little inch of the map, (I'm pretty sure I've got some very light form of OCD, or at least I'm just a big neatfreak with silly insignificant things like that) and like to explore/document as much as I can when finding new stuff in games that really thrive on exploration, Don't Starve being one of the biggest examples, so I can assure you I found all there was to find: The Teleportato, crock pots, chests full of miscellaneous magic materials, I think some statue set pieces maybe? And most significantly,

the dev graveyard!
which was interesting to look through. :razz:

Still, one of these days I'll need to conquer Adventure Mode with Maxwell again so I can free WX and put him back in his place.

I admit, it's been a while since I did looking around so I  could make mistakes there.

You and I can go together in DST and free our respective Wx's. 

The first time I beat Adventure Mode (as Wilson, it just felt right for the first time) was hellacious, I was so ecstatic. I would have never gotten through my last year of college King of Winter if it wasn't for my horse an absolutely awesome Treeguard who helped me take down an army of Blue Hounds and Dearie. It's kind of funny, actually, for the longest time I could never get past the first world, but once I was able to vault that hump the rest moved like clockwork. Anyone else have that experience?

The first time I beat Adventure Mode (as Wilson, it just felt right for the first time) was hellacious, I was so ecstatic. I would have never gotten through my last year of college King of Winter if it wasn't for my horse an absolutely awesome Treeguard who helped me take down an army of Blue Hounds and Dearie. It's kind of funny, actually, for the longest time I could never get past the first world, but once I was able to vault that hump the rest moved like clockwork. Anyone else have that experience?

That happned to me when I got an easy Archipelago world, IMO the best world to start with...

I constantly got stuck on the 1st and 2nd worlds, then when i finally got past 2, it all was easy. Even the 5th one. 

It took me a few goes, trying once a day, but within a week I had nailed it. I am playing on console if it actually makes a difference, but I feel like it was much easier than what people had been saying. Kill a few Koalafants when you find em, and food is no worry. The hardest chapter for me was King of Winter. You can run through pretty much all the traps (apart from obelisks, I guess), without being hurt. Even the killer bee island was easy, in fact I found it quite helpful, providing me with an abundance of honey. The final chapter I lost on once, only due to not bringing enough supplies. You need to bring a stack of fireflies to constantly refill your hat, and make a bug net to catch more. Once you do that, just do the same as you did for every other level, follow the divining rod, collect the things, then bugger out. One of the biggest tips I can say, is to never spend too long faffing around making a base, as it takes too long, and only results in a larger disappointment when you/if you actually die.

It took me a few goes, trying once a day, but within a week I had nailed it. I am playing on console if it actually makes a difference, but I feel like it was much easier than what people had been saying. Kill a few Koalafants when you find em, and food is no worry. The hardest chapter for me was King of Winter. You can run through pretty much all the traps (apart from obelisks, I guess), without being hurt. Even the killer bee island was easy, in fact I found it quite helpful, providing me with an abundance of honey. The final chapter I lost on once, only due to not bringing enough supplies. You need to bring a stack of fireflies to constantly refill your hat, and make a bug net to catch more. Once you do that, just do the same as you did for every other level, follow the divining rod, collect the things, then bugger out. One of the biggest tips I can say, is to never spend too long faffing around making a base, as it takes too long, and only results in a larger disappointment when you/if you actually die.

I didn't need to bring a stack of fireflies for darkness. I made several nets solely used to catch them. if you don't know how to kite spiders for silk though, you may wimp out and take a stack of fireflies.

I worried more about a stack of food that I could eat that would last

(I prefer bacon and eggs for duration and hunger but if you can pre build a drying rack and dry jerky from pigs, it can save you having to make frequent tents and bedrolls for sanity. Unless you're Wolfgang. That darkness wimp might need a stack of bedrolls :)

Archived