How does a Rock Lobster ruin the world?

I went back to my second cave spot and found 6 Lobsters outside so I quickly lure them down again.

Apart from their mega rabbit asexual reproduction, I wonder how do they ruin the world like what some members warn me here? I'm just curious.

Ps. I haven't been there for like 50 days and there are like 6 of them, I don't know if the pigs or the spiders near there have killed most of them or not.

They'll swarm the world and basically fight everything and eat all the rocks items depleting the world of resources, also you're screwed if you hit one accidentally. There's no cap as to how many there can be

It's sometimes pretty fun though, on one of my worlds where I play as webber there was a spider queen (now a nest again already) that still attacks a single rock lobster with ~15 spiders since about day 10, now on around day 60. Going near it wrecks my ears.

They breed at a ridiculous rate, eventually the world will be so overpopulated with Rock Lobsters that the only solution is to build the Teleportato and jump into the next world.

Also they cause the game to lag. I know, how could a game with 2D graphics lag in an age of 1080p 3D gaming? Who knows.

They breed at a ridiculous rate, eventually the world will be so overpopulated with Rock Lobsters that the only solution is to build the Teleportato and jump into the next world.

Also they cause the game to lag. I know, how could a game with 2D graphics lag in an age of 1080p 3D gaming? Who knows.

My game doesn't lag by them, but about the lagging: DS isn't very heavy on graphics, but on processing. For example, in the earlier stages of DS pathfinding was rather short, simply because it took too much to properly work.

My game doesn't lag by them, but about the lagging: DS isn't very heavy on graphics, but on processing. For example, in the earlier stages of DS pathfinding was rather short, simply because it took too much to properly work.

Granted, the lagging is not very perceptible, it took me a while to notice it.

But it's shocking that any amount of pathfinding in an indie game could stress out all 8 CPU cores, while games like Crysis 3 run fine.

Especially when the game doesn't even process things that are happening off screen, Bee boxes for example default to a simple method when off screen, that simply adds a set amount of honey over time.

So even if my world has hundreds of Rock Lobsters, if they are off screen it shouldn't matter to the processing.

This is a known issue. Wade has responded to most threads raising this concern. I suspect due to what is going on with Don't Starve Together things are very hectic for Klei.

As long as we know the developers know about this problem with Rocklobsters, there shouldn't be any issues. Things like this will slowly but eventually get sorted.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/31166-ps4-bug-killed-all-rock-lobsters/?hl=rocklobsters

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35752-ps4-ce-34878-0-crash/?hl=rocklobsters

Granted, the lagging is not very perceptible, it took me a while to notice it.

But it's shocking that any amount of pathfinding in an indie game could stress out all 8 CPU cores, while games like Crysis 3 run fine.

Especially when the game doesn't even process things that are happening off screen, Bee boxes for example default to a simple method when off screen, that simply adds a set amount of honey over time.

So even if my world has hundreds of Rock Lobsters, if they are off screen it shouldn't matter to the processing.

I'm not a modder or any particularly knowledgeable when it comes to programming etc., so I can't give any more details than what I already said, sorry.

Mabye someone who knows more about this topic can provide more info on it.

So did I just did the right thing of luring them back down? @_@

I don't know how on Don't Starve Earth that they're up there, I remembered that last time I was sure that none of them had come back with me!

There's so many complaints about Rock lobsters: WHY ARE THE DEVS NOT DOING ANYTHING?!?!?!

As you can see, they are:

This is a known issue. Wade has responded to most threads raising this concern. I suspect due to what is going on with Don't Starve Together things are very hectic for Klei.

As long as we know the developers know about this problem with Rocklobsters, there shouldn't be any issues. Things like this will slowly but eventually get sorted.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/31166-ps4-bug-killed-all-rock-lobsters/?hl=rocklobsters

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35752-ps4-ce-34878-0-crash/?hl=rocklobsters

Devs cannot wave their magical programming wand and fix everything instantly.

Devs cannot wave their magical programming wand and fix everything instantly.

Yes, but the thing is this should've been done a long time ago. And it wouldn't be hard setting the amount of rocklobsters max in one place. Someone has already made a mod of it, so yeah, not hard.

Yes, but the thing is this should've been done a long time ago. And it wouldn't be hard setting the amount of rocklobsters max in one place. Someone has already made a mod of it, so yeah, not hard.

But they also have to fix quite a lot of other bugs, not to mention test the fixes so they work properly, and think of a fix that is also balanced.

On top of that they also have to finish DST and other things on time.

A modder just goes ahead, does the first thing he feels like doing, test it maybe once or twice and done.

Wade posted a comment a while back (I can't find it!!) Saying this fix was part of a to do list composed of around 80 things. So yeah. A lot on their plate atm.

80? Oh my, I was expecting like 20, maybe 30.

About how they get to the surface: I don't know, in my worlds they never did unless I wanted them to.

Wade posted a comment a while back (I can't find it!!) Saying this fix was part of a to do list composed of around 80 things. So yeah. A lot on their plate atm.

Well I can't fault them for focusing mostly on DST, it makes sense for them to do so.

Anyway we already have the mod to fix this problem.

I might try the mod later if my Rock Lobster infestation gets too far out of control in my current world.

I'm quite enjoying watching them fight the Dragonfly for now, which seems to be the only "natural" way of reducing their numbers. Great source of rocks and flint too.

This is sort of like the bug with the huge waves of blues hounds spawning from Walrus camps. They were annoying but now fixed I miss the amount of Hound tooth and blue gems I used to farm from it.

Problem is that rock lobsters are hard to kill so nobody will miss those.

After 10 days of checking, they still are not spawning. So I think I'm safe from rock lobsterocalypse ?

That's their special ability. They lead you into into a false sense of security. Then BAM they hit you hard rocklobster style.

You are never safe.

(Or has a stealth fix already been implemented?)

Archived