[Request] French Language Pack

I make this request because I am awful with computers and any kind of technology, really - and I'm sure some native French speakers would appreciate it, too.

I'm not French and my French speaking skills aren't great, but I used to study French and I thoroughly enjoyed learning the language, however; the language teachers in my high school were bullies and made me want to cry almost whenever I entered their classroom, which made me shy away from taking my ambitions further into university.

I make this request because I desire to better myself in the French language, and maybe I'll be confident enough to travel to France or French-speaking parts of Canada without fear of being misunderstood and ridiculed for my lack of understanding. I make this request as a plea to encourage me to get past that fear.

Merci beaucoup. <3

Haha! I haven't a scoobie. I imagine the translation itself would be straight-forward, but the technical side of things scares the hell out of me!XD

I have no idea how people manage to code this stuff - it's absolutely fantastic! :D
Maybe it's magic. Are you some kind of wizard?

Haha! I haven't a scoobie. I imagine the translation itself would be straight-forward, but the technical side of things scares the hell out of me!XD

I have no idea how people manage to code this stuff - it's absolutely fantastic! :grin:

Maybe it's magic. Are you some kind of wizard?

Hey, I'm a skull in a hat, of course I'm a wizard ! But more seriously, I don't have the smallest idea of how to do x)

Oh, that's fantastic!! I'd searched for "French language pack", "langue francais" and many other things to no avail! Seriously, thanks so much. :)

I googled the french.po thing and I found a link to the steam workshop stuff.

Thanks again! :D <3

Oh, that's fantastic!! I'd searched for "French language pack", "langue francais" and many other things to no avail! Seriously, thanks so much. :-)
I googled the french.po thing and I found a link to the steam workshop stuff.

Thanks again! :grin: <3

I think DD meant the french.po in the game files XD

Dunno if they work, try it out!

It works, but a lot of the RoG stuff is unpatched... but it's better than I'd expected!

I've noticed that many of the science structures aren't patched upon inspection, but those are the only things in the vanilla game that I've noticed :3

It works, but a lot of the RoG stuff is unpatched... but it's better than I'd expected!

I've noticed that many of the science structures aren't patched upon inspection, but those are the only things in the vanilla game that I've noticed :3

I could patch them if you want.

I think DD meant the french.po in the game files XD

Dunno if they work, try it out!

Yep

Hmm, technically there are 2 po files, one in vanilla game files, one in ROG. I'm going to guess that somehow mod is loading just the former - tho it's possible that ROG files are simply incomplete. I can't access steam mods so I'm not sure what's the case.

Nevermind, just did a diff, the ROG file differs from Vanilla in just 2 lines... it doesn't take much to figure ROG was never translated at all lol. I guess you'd have to add the missing ROG strings yourselves, after all.

Archived