Need help with coding please

Hi Everyone!

This is my first mod and also my first forum post. What I'm trying to accomplish is a character mod who is slightly resistant to overheating...similar to how some mods increase the resistance to freezing to death with:

inst.components.temperature.hurtrate = (TUNING.WILSON_HEALTH / TUNING.FREEZING_KILL_TIME) 

I have figured out how to change the temperature requirement to start taking damage from overheating. What I am struggling with is how to change the widget to have matching temperatures before it causes the graphics of overheating.

As it stands the character starts overheating at 70 degrees instead of 65, but the screen gets the overheating textures around 65+.

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer or a coder so some of the threads, which explain how to disable these graphics entirely, are hard for me to translate so that i could copy and edit as needed.

I've searched the forums and haven't had much luck finding the answer yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Adrian

Hey Everyone,

Thank you to everyone who viewed this page and looked into helping me.

I found an easier way to get the same effect I was going for. My ultimate goal was to have slight resistance to the overheat effect of summer. I didn't want the character to be immune. 

Instead of worrying about changing the overheat temp, and the coding for the heatover widget. I found out that there are actually 2 different inherent insulation factors. Ironically I had not noticed this before and one of them is called inherent summer insulation.

For anyone out there looking to make a mod with some resistance to the summer overheat effect put this into your character prefab script where powers go.

inst.components.temperature.inherentsummerinsulation = (insert value here)

90  gives you about 4X the resistance to heat, so instead of having your temp go up each second it goes up about every 4 seconds. Setting it to 45 is approximately 2 seconds between temperature rises etc.

I hope this helps anyone else looking to have overheat as a function in the game but wants a character with a slight or moderate resistance without being immune.

Have fun,

Adrian

Archived