My very honest opinion of the Blind box collectibles.

I absolutely LOVE the collectibles.

However, I have a problem with the "blind" part. A huge one, at that.

For the price, I feel as though you should at least have the option of testing your luck or choosing a specific one. I could spend what for someone working at minimal pay (Me) would be quite a lot to spend on things that aren't essential to live, only to be disappointed with a Wickerbottom (Least favourite character). And then I have to find someone who would want it, spend extra on postage, and only then get the one I actually want.

Blind boxes are something I avoid like a child with dog turd on a stick for this exact reason, even the Don't Starve ones. And I really don't want this to be the case. I don't expect anything to change, I just thought I'd express how I feel.

And this is the right forum to post this in, right? Since it's about the DS collectibles?

Yeaaaahhhh, the figures are great, but I think the whole "testing your luck" thing should be an option.  It just seems like a cheap way to make people just buy more and more of their stuff, which we all know really hasn't been Klei's way in the past.

..which we all know really hasn't been Klei's way in the past.

It's because they're going mainstream. They know it's going to sell, so why not do a little tinkering (i.e. blind boxes)!

I wonder what excuses they'll come up with.. Hmm..

"It's so fun, and so risky!"

"It wasn't our idea in the first place!"

"We don't want certain figures to be out of stock!"

"The blind boxes represent human nature!"

Yeaaaahhhh, the figures are great, but I think the whole "testing your luck" thing should be an option.  It just seems like a cheap way to make people just buy more and more of their stuff, which we all know really hasn't been Klei's way in the past.

It's proven, tried and true concept that was used in most F2P games for a while, that's all I'm gonna say. Make what you want out of it.

*re-reads replies again*

It's a greedy concept.

1-12_CAPSULE_TOY_MACHINE_7_FEB2013_HASEG

I want this.

actually, what *is* this anyway?

It's because they're going mainstream. They know it's going to sell, so why not do a little tinkering (i.e. blind boxes)!

I wonder what excuses they'll come up with.. Hmm..

"It's so fun, and so risky!"

"It wasn't our idea in the first place!"

"We don't want certain figures to be out of stock!"

"The blind boxes represent human nature!"

How BF Skinner of you.

Check one of the Stickied threads in this general area, JoeW stated it's so there won;t be a shortage in one type of character and too high demand and/or a glut of too many other characters and loss in funds making it. By mable to distribute costs evenly. 

I s'pose that makes sense.

Check one of the Stickied threads in this general area, JoeW stated it's so there won;t be a shortage in one type of character and too high demand and/or a glut of too many other characters and loss in funds making it. By mable to distribute costs evenly. 

Yea, that's what I was thinking of. good.

I can understand Klei's reasoning. But I'm thinking if you like Don't Starve enough to buy collectible figures, your gonna want to get the entire collection and not just a couple figures.

Personally, I typically only play as Wilson but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want Wickerbottom or Wes. I'd want them all. I would order a few blind boxes as long as I could also have the option to buy individual figures.

I remember being a kid and buying baseball cards. The joy I had opening the pack up to see who I got. Then when trying to complete the set a month later, the utter disappointment in seeing that they were all doubles. Being able to buy individual cards would of not only saved me a ton of money but enabled me to complete a collection of rookie cards.

Trading is great when you live close by with your friends but when you're half a world away and relying on the other person to drop their package in the mail at the exact same time you are... It would be tough.

So blind boxes would go farther, I think if you could also buy individual non blind boxes.

The non-blind boxes would probably be more expensive due to some characters being in more supply than demand and vice versa. Though, action figures gaming heads statues would be hella neat to see. Though who knows, with the multiplayer coming out maybe such choices will be more feasible in the future.

I actually got scammed out of one of my figures when I was trying to trade for the ones I wanted

I just want a full collection thats 300 bucks cheaper then the kickstarter reward ;v; Ive already spent over a good 200 on just trying to get a full set, and not all that money isnt even going to Klei! Thats just shipping for trying to trade with others! LET ME PAY YOU KLEI PLEASE I JUST WANT A WX FIGURE

Archived