Help Creating a Character Mod!

Hello I'm somewhat new to the forums and was hoping I could get some help from someone or multiple someones about creating the character Faceless Neil from this video at 4:18 --> 

I have found a programmer willing to do the coding for me but he also is not the greatest at drawing. Please let me know if anyone is willing to do the art for this character mod! It would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

To be honest, if you don't know what a .png (PNG) file is, then you should stay far, far away from modding. (For now, at least)

Is it just beyond my capabilties at this point regardless of my effort? Like I said I'd prefer someone else make the entire mod but we all know the likelihood of a modder just taking a fancy to this project.

Is it just beyond my capabilties at this point regardless of my effort? Like I said I'd prefer someone else make the entire mod but we all know the likelihood of a modder just taking a fancy to this project.

Its very unlikely someone will do an entire mod for free

That's never true for anything, it IS completely possible for you to make a mod, but it's going to be very, very, hard and tedious if you're going to have to be looking up small things like what a PNG file is, I mean, I guess it's now or never, especially if you want some kind of career in programming, you're going to have to learn this stuff eventually, so if you're willing to put in the monumental (Not hyperbole at all /s) amount of effort it's going to take to make your first mod (It gets easier from there, trust me, :p) then by all means, go for it.

aww, the character is cute..! i would offer to be the artist, but i dont know how i would be able to draw for it though?? my friend was explaining to me all the various things you have to do to make the character+ animation look right, and it was so confusing *_* good luck !!

aww, the character is cute..! i would offer to be the artist, but i dont know how i would be able to draw for it though?? my friend was explaining to me all the various things you have to do to make the character+ animation look right, and it was so confusing *_* good luck !!

Well I appreciate you giving it some thought! :)

I would do the coding and the icons if you want. also i can give character a description and attributes. however i cannot do the artwork.

Thank you so much! :) I'll let you know when I finally find an artist!

all i need is what you want him to be able to do. such as his melee damage. and his base stats

Due to his nature in the videos I was going to make him shrug off pain easily (50% damage reduction) but give him low stats due to just being an average kid before his life took a turn for the worse.  So I was thinking 120 Hunger 150 Health 120 Sanity with 50% damage reduction all together... I was going to have his friend Ghoul help him fight (like Abigail for Wendy) but that would make the artist draw yet another aspect and then I don't even know how complicated the coding for that could get.  I'm trying to make Faceless Neil a viable character but not so overpowered like some custom characters and Wigfrid.

How do I change the title of the thread? I feel like none of the artists I need even look at this thread because the title makes it sound like I need help with coding and such.

Interesting, I like it! Definitely won't get to it, but I'd buy into this mod.

I'd LIKE to make this character's art, but sadly I have too much on my plate ATM. I would like to see this character come to life.

Interesting, I like it! Definitely won't get to it, but I'd buy into this mod.

I'd LIKE to make this character's art, but sadly I have too much on my plate ATM. I would like to see this character come to life.

Thanks for the positive feedback :) if you miraculously get your plate emptied you know where it can get refilled :p

Due to his nature in the videos I was going to make him shrug off pain easily (50% damage reduction) but give him low stats due to just being an average kid before his life took a turn for the worse.  So I was thinking 120 Hunger 150 Health 120 Sanity with 50% damage reduction all together... I was going to have his friend Ghoul help him fight (like Abigail for Wendy) but that would make the artist draw yet another aspect and then I don't even know how complicated the coding for that could get.  I'm trying to make Faceless Neil a viable character but not so overpowered like some custom characters and Wigfrid.

if you can get ghouls artwork done. i can easily code him. but the difficulty will depend on whether or not you want him to follow all the time or just appear every so often.

if you can get ghouls artwork done. i can easily code him. but the difficulty will depend on whether or not you want him to follow all the time or just appear every so often.

Would it be possible to have him appear when it's dusk and night and then have him disappear during the day...?

Would it be possible to have him appear when it's dusk and night and then have him disappear during the day...?

yes. would you want him to be more powerful at a certain time? such as stronger at dusk than normal at night. or more powerful at night and weaker at dusk.

To make sense for the character it would be better to have Ghoul stronger at night than dusk I'd think but this is all assuming the future artist would be ok doing the art for ghoul along with the art for Faceless Neil :p

I Want Help You Man :grin:

Hey! So I'm assuming you're an artist willing to do the artwork for Faceless Neil!? (and possibly for Ghoul) That would be SO appreciated! Let me know when you start and how it goes :) Of course you'd be put as one of the creators of the mod, just let me know if you have any questions for me or Stickybagelz (who will be doing the coding for this project!)

My cousin did the art for the Original game. maybe he could help.

Sorry I was on the road all day yesterday.  If it turns out thewolfdarXD can't do it or changes his mind I would of course be down with your cousin doing it assuming he's up to it lol.  I'm just glad that this project seems to finally be getting off the ground!

My cousin did the art for the Original game. maybe he could help.

Hey man I guess you may have to ask your cousin after all. Thewolfdar isn't seeming to respond to the thread, Idk what happened to him but can't be helped!

Hey man I guess you may have to ask your cousin after all. Thewolfdar isn't seeming to respond to the thread, Idk what happened to him but can't be helped!

i will. hopefully he takes kindly to this.me and him have only made one custom character and he got pretty bored with it. i dont know. well have to see what happens.

Archived