New character for DST, place your bets ladies and gentlemen

anything that's also added and balanced in multiplayer is fine with me(but nothing will ever replace my Wendy)

would be cool to see how they would add Wilbur(that's the devil-like guy's name, right?)

His name is Wortox. Wilbur is the monkey with a small crown on his head.

I'd like to see both, though not as much as I'd like to see Wilton the Skeleton.

spooky scary skeletons.

As much as i love to see new canon DS characters, Klei has been saying there won't be any MP only DS items. It's likely this means there won't be any DST only characters, but I'd love to be wrong on this (and if so, I'm choosing Wortox) 

Well they can always just add a new character for both gamemodes when DST gets released anyway. So its possible we might see  someone new for the DST release.

ALL OF THE UNINPLEMENTED CHARACTERS!

I honestly hope Klei does, they all seem like fun.  However creating backstories to fit in the game for Wortox and Wilton may be harder.  Perhaps they were created in the world?

Wortox before he looked like Krampus junior since I like that design more, he could make different "pacts" that are consumable and give various temporary boosts, at a price.. (For example, a pact that makes hounds neutral towards you, but you lose warmth during the effect regardless of the season you're in). Even in SP this could give the player something interesting (imo :p) to utilize, so the character isn't focussed on DST only. Oh and you can use the pacts on followers aswell, for manure and giggles.

I don't like those currently speculated characters, but Pyro seems amazing. I really want to play with him. I don't think they will be exclusive for Don't Starve Together, maybe a new update for Vanilla or Reign Of Giants, but It would be to nice to have new characters anyway.

I would imagine Wortox being an unlockable character for whenever they release the magma caves they said they might do, after all, Kevin did say "I'm not against having a secret character unlock down in the depths of the cave, but it would probably end up being a more esoteric one, like Wortox or something else non-human." a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far awaaaaaaaaaaay.

Pyro would be cool, I mean everything seems to be there, but im more interested in Wallace. With Pyro, Wortox, and Waverly you kind of get a sense of what they might do, but Wallace remains a complete mystery :o

Eh, if a char got implemented I wouldn't want Pyro. He wouldn't fit and I would imagine him as a reskinned willow. I wanted Webber to be in the game ever since Wickerbottom, Wes, Woodie, Maxwell and WX-78 were on that list. That was a long time ago, when he came out I was like HELL YEAH.

I'm wondering so much why people really want Pyro in Don't Starve. It's not related at all. Get back to your own game where you were created, Pyro! I'd place my bet on Wortox.

Archived