So a thought just occured to me. If there are Giants in the Sandbox world you periodically have randomly spawn as a being of utter terror coming to screw your normal life of not starving up, why wouldnt there be large beasts to face in adventure mode? You mean to tell me Maxwell does not have a trick up his sleeve or two involving large beasties of some description?

I mean periodic bosses does make the game a bit predictable, but what I want is something concrete to work towards facing as an END GAME Enemy. This is the final fight. This is everything I and my teammates have been suffering to face!  The time for the shadow things to stop watching and start killing is now. 

This. Is. True. Terror. Embodied.

Would the Nightmare throne try to defend itself from several people coming into its chambers at once?
Would the Nightmare throne sentiently try to weed out who was the strongest of the bunch by attacking all players at once? Taking whoevers left as the next host?
How awesome would it be to reach the end of adventure mode with your friends only to have to fight a truly epic feeling boss? As much as I love Single Players ending where you find a sad man who's been trapped for an eternity - it makes me curious what happens to the characters when THEY arrive there, or when THEY are strung up in the nightmare throne.

What would happen if you beat Adventure mode once, and then find your former friends character strung up in the Nightmare Throne as a Boss with all new mechanics! (Wendy spams ghosts while hoisted up into the air by the throne surrounded in thorns, Wolfgang becomes super muscled circusman with AoE Leap attacks and Buffs himself by eating food that periodically drops, Wigfrid becomes a Fat Battle Opera Viking Lady Mech, GOD HELP US IF NIGHTMARE WES IS ACTUALLY THE HARDEST BOSS!)

This is the closest we will ever get to a true "Raid Boss" in Don't Starve Together, and I feel like it would be worth it to have developed - as every character will not only be their own playable character - EVERY CHARACTER WOULD BE THEIR OWN BOSS AS WELL!

HOW AWESOME WOULD IT BE TO PLAY THROUGH ADVENTURE MODE, AND DO IT AGAIN TO FIGHT A DIFFERENT BOSS!?

Dont-Starve-IV_zpsb4826648.gif

Let's talk about it, particularly the different possible endings to adventure mode in Don't Starve Together!  :wilson_laugh:

Oh man a boss would be awesome!! But I do agree the throne wouldn't be the way to go.

BUT!

What about having Charlie as the boss? Charlie being possessed by shadows? You must fight her to free her! You wouldn't be able to fight the throne as it is too powerful, but the shadows that control Charlie are formidable but not impossible to take out. That might also let you unlock her! You get a cinematic ending and everything! And if you have Maxwell with you, you could have an extra cinematic ending! God knows I absolutely adore Don't Starve animations aah~ It would bring the opportunity to flesh out the story too!

Well for one your gonna have to scrap the different ending for DST as the devs stated (I believe at least) that there wouldn't be any multiplayer exclusive content.

However I would really enjoy fighting a shadow boss, just for the epicness of it. Fighting the throne would be epic and so could fighting Charlie. Or heck you could make Charlie be guarding the massive cool boss door for the throne fight. I wish all this could happen... but as much as I want it all, it just seems wrong... or maybe I feel it wouldn't work, I don't know...

I really doubt much change will come to adventure mode in DST, maybe eventually though.

The giants....................................................

Aside from the giants. The giants only appear on a chance every season. They aren't part of the story progression - even in adventure mode they are VERY Unique and cool side events, but you never HAVE to fight a Giant.

I'm talking about a significant BOSS! For adventure mode, specifically. You could use the giants if you wish for each level (King of Winter + Deerclops anybody?) Though that feels a tad lazy, and it would take away the awe of seeing a giant normally.

Perhaps we could see what happens to each character after going through a transformation similar to what happened to charlie at the end of the game. That would be a cool boss fight. Characters transformed into such strange bizarre shapes they're hardly recognizable - though it is the character once they've been processed by the "Them." This would make beating the game with different characters far more relevant to experience all the content the game has to offer.

Especially if they had unique drops - such as a second unique item for that character once beaten that reveals a little more about the characters backstory.

Personally I think Charlie herself should always remain a mystery and never come out as a character - as interesting as it sounds the horror of the Shadow Things is the Unknown and that is what charlie is to a tee.

Aside from the giants. The giants only appear on a chance every season. They aren't part of the story progression - even in adventure mode they are VERY Unique and cool side events, but you never HAVE to fight a Giant.

I'm talking about a significant BOSS! For adventure mode, specifically. You could use the giants if you wish for each level (King of Winter + Deerclops anybody?) Though that feels a tad lazy, and it would take away the awe of seeing a giant normally.

Perhaps we could see what happens to each character after going through a transformation similar to what happened to charlie at the end of the game. That would be a cool boss fight. Characters transformed into such strange bizarre shapes they're hardly recognizable - though it is the character once they've been processed by the "Them." This would make beating the game with different characters far more relevant to experience all the content the game has to offer.

Especially if they had unique drops - such as a second unique item for that character once beaten that reveals a little more about the characters backstory.

Personally I think Charlie herself should always remain a mystery and never come out as a character - as interesting as it sounds the horror of the Shadow Things is the Unknown and that is what charlie is to a tee.

The devs have stated they're not going to add multiplayer only things, and I think that includes story along with mobs and items.

I'd love to see a multiplayer balanced adventure mode, but nothing that you can't get in SP.

The devs have stated they're not going to add multiplayer only things, and I think that includes story along with mobs and items.

I'd love to see a multiplayer balanced adventure mode, but nothing that you can't get in SP.

If you beat the game with a character in Don't Starve Adventure Mode on SP, you should be able to fight a unique boss when they're stuck on the Nightmare Throne - or have been transformed, with Maxwell still remaining on the throne like before. Of course these bosses would be balanced for single-player - and you can still get the items from single player too.

If you beat the game with a character in Don't Starve Adventure Mode on SP, you should be able to fight a unique boss when they're stuck on the Nightmare Throne - or have been transformed, with Maxwell still remaining on the throne like before. Of course these bosses would be balanced for single-player - and you can still get the items from single player too.

As long as the people who aren't gonna play DST get what we get, then its fine. I say let the devs add what they think is appropriate. I wouldn't actually want to see what charlie looks like now or what They are but bosses I'm all for.

Perhaps they could re-implement the lost fragment mod boss? I hear it was very tasteful.

Pelontrix.

ohh gosh, here comes the hate

Surprisingly I don't think most of the userbase on here even knows what you're taking about, you just sound like you're trying to push an OC or something

Oh man a boss would be awesome!! But I do agree the throne wouldn't be the way to go.

BUT!

What about having Charlie as the boss? Charlie being possessed by shadows? You must fight her to free her! You wouldn't be able to fight the throne as it is too powerful, but the shadows that control Charlie are formidable but not impossible to take out. That might also let you unlock her! You get a cinematic ending and everything! And if you have Maxwell with you, you could have an extra cinematic ending! God knows I absolutely adore Don't Starve animations aah~ It would bring the opportunity to flesh out the story too!

This. So much this. (Even though it won't make it in game.) I love the idea of a different cinematic if you have Maxwell in your party.

As long as the people who aren't gonna play DST get what we get, then its fine. I say let the devs add what they think is appropriate. I wouldn't actually want to see what charlie looks like now or what They are but bosses I'm all for.

Perhaps they could re-implement the lost fragment mod boss? I hear it was very tasteful.

Surprisingly I don't think most of the userbase on here even knows what you're taking about, you just sound like you're trying to push an OC or something

I only looked into who Pelontrix was recently. Day 1,000 huh? That tickles me in a place I don't really understand, though Shadow Wilson would be... interesting. I'd rather have a Wilson who was put through the shadow things corruption and see/fight him.

What is this?! Binding of Isaac??

Would it not be cool to see what happens to characters after they're attached to the nightmare throne, or fall to Maxwell? Rather than just a text screen telling you they may trick other people into the Don't Starve world? Should we really leave it only at that? I appreciate Maxwell's death as a proper ending to the game - but my curiosity is peaked to say the least when I think about Wigfrid on the Throne, or being transformed into something pure evil.

Right, here's the thing. "They" are scary because we do not know what "They" are. We never see Them, we only see shadows of Them. The same with Charlie.

The fear about them is the fear of the unknown, one of the most basic human fears. Any sort of boss fight, physical manifestation, directly showing or contacting them any way would destroy the fear. I'm pretty sure anything Klei could show to be Charlie would be nowhere near as scary as a seemingly omnipresent being of the darkness that can near instantly kill you.

Typical MMO players. At the end-game, they think you have to battle other people to own a zone.

(No I'm not being serious, and not taking the OP's idea as a serious idea either since the devs said there will not be MP only content. Play Adventure Mode. Learn why Maxwell is that way. Accept his or your fate. The end.) 

Typical MMO players. At the end-game, they think you have to battle other people to own a zone.

(No I'm not being serious, and not taking the OP's idea as a serious idea either since the devs said there will not be MP only content. Play Adventure Mode. Learn why Maxwell is that way. Accept his or your fate. The end.) 

Then Cry for a long time.

(sometimes we all have bad ideas.)

I liked the idea someone had about the shadow maxwell portal boss becoming a level right after "Darkness". Other than that, if I want to play Don't Starve while on vacation, I want access to my newly installed content. If singleplayer can't have new bosses, then I don't multiplayer should deserve them either.

Player made bosses are popular (for some reason). The kind you have to trigger with a relic of some sort. Why not allow players to become boss like in PvP?

I'd very much like to see and kill the thing that all the tentacles are attached to. You just know underground there's some horrifying Cthulu monster sprouting his tentacles up through the earth. I've kind of been hoping for one since the day they announced the caves update...

And the insanity effects! Cthulu loves him some insanity. Practically invented the stuff, you know.

I'd very much like to see and kill the thing that all the tentacles are attached to. You just know underground there's some horrifying Cthulu monster sprouting his tentacles up through the earth. I've kind of been hoping for one since the day they announced the caves update...

And the insanity effects! Cthulu loves him some insanity. Practically invented the stuff, you know.

You don't want to know where on the body that Don't Starve Cthulhu cave tentacle is attached.

Trust me, you can't un-remember that *shudders*

Archived