Waxing and Waning Moon, Please

The moon uses the same pictures whether it's waxing or waning so the player has little idea when the full moon is, i.e., its the same picture whether it's 2 days from a new moon or 2 days from a full moon. I think it would add to the atmosphere of the game, and it's more realistic, if you changed the moon icon so that it goes one way while waxing and the other way while waning (the picture below shows which way is which from Earth), then you can tell at a glance whether you are heading toward a full moon or a new moon.

Here is what you see when you look at our Moon from Earth: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j280/gardenplansireland/moonphase.jpg

Related:

I think the moon icon should always show. there is no need for it to disappear during the day.

Also, on the subject of realisim - I think that you should be able to get around without a torch on a full moon - you can IRL! (presuming your sanity is high enough). I'm thinking maybe dimly lit, with no charlie if your sanity is above say 70%

I think I'm gonna make that my first mod!

(mumbles to self about learning .lua)

Related:

I think the moon icon should always show. there is no need for it to disappear during the day.

Also, on the subject of realisim - I think that you should be able to get around without a torch on a full moon - you can IRL! (presuming your sanity is high enough). I'm thinking maybe dimly lit, with no charlie if your sanity is above say 70%

I think I'm gonna make that my first mod!

(mumbles to self about learning .lua)

That is actually a feature in the Reign of Giants.

That is actually a feature in the Reign of Giants.

Huh. Good to know. thanks!

I own it, but never played it, as I am still getting to grips with day 100 on nonRoG

From what I gather RoG is basically Hard Mode: more Boss monsters, more harsh Biomes, and a new mechanic; overheating. Probably other stuff too.

Or am I missing out, need to stop playing Vanilla and get on the RoGwagon?

Huh. Good to know. thanks!

I own it, but never played it, as I am still getting to grips with day 100 on nonRoG

From what I gather RoG is basically Hard Mode: more Boss monsters, more harsh Biomes, and a new mechanic; overheating. Probably other stuff too.

Or am I missing out, need to stop playing Vanilla and get on the RoGwagon?

It is more difficult, but they give you what you need to conquer the difficulties. I bet you'll enjoy it! :)

RoG is less Don't Starve - Hard Mode and more Don't Starve +, yes, it does add harder things, but it also adds the things you need to fight off those things, and gives you ample time to recover them before you start the harder portion of the game

Hm.
This sounds like Terraria.

RoG is less Don't Starve - Hard Mode and more Don't Starve +, yes, it does add harder things, but it also adds the things you need to fight off those things, and gives you ample time to recover them before you start the harder portion of the game

Hm.

This sounds like Terraria.

OK, thanks. I'll give it a go once I can start surviving to day 1000, I think. There is enough to think about already.

Sorry to the OP for going off topic.

Hello, everybody.

I'd like to submit, to this very forum thread, my fist ever Mod:

Better Moon. [steam Workshop Link]

This mod adds wax/wane to the moon, as well as being able to see it at dusk, through to dawn.

It's only available on Steam atm, if you need it uploaded to Klei Standalone, let me know and I'll figure out how to do that for you, too.

thanks.

Hello, everybody.

I'd like to submit, to this very forum thread, my fist ever Mod:

Better Moon. [steam Workshop Link]

This mod adds wax/wane to the moon, as well as being able to see it at dusk, through to dawn.

It's only available on Steam atm, if you need it uploaded to Klei Standalone, let me know and I'll figure out how to do that for you, too.

thanks.

Now available as Standalone, here;

Klei Downloads

Archived