What will further DLCs be about?

More DLC  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want more DLC?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe.
  2. 2. Which of these do you like the most?

• A Boat and Island DLC.
    • A Mad Science DLC.
    • An Underwater DLC.
    • A Shadow DLC.
    • A Caves DLC.
    • A Disease DLC.
    • A Ghost DLC.

Alot of people seem to want a Mad Scientist DLC. It would be cool but what would it include? I gotta know. Some of the people that voted for it, give some details of what's in it.

If you want some theoretical details ... the inclusion of craftable structures/devices with risk/reward effects tied to using them, more uses for charged lightning rods, and the possible myriad of minions to make. 

I'd like some more DLC, mainly because the open beta testing phase is so much fun, when all the updates roll in and you can go bug hunting. My favorite theme listed here would be boats and islands, though I personally would root for an "apocalypse" kind of thing, with new, big challenges coming in the longer time you play in a world.

Underwater DLC, all-day-every-day.

Just imagine Wilson crafting some sort of diving apparatus, and then walking along the sea floor.  Maybe you could craft a Wet Vest (wetsuit, but obviously can't cover the arms and legs), that would help keep you warm in the water.  Another option could be a diving bell, where you're slower and have less vision, but you're better protected from attacks (basically armor).

While underwater, your wetness meter would be completely full, and if you went diving in winter, you'd freeze very fast.  When you got out of the water (regardless of season), you'd need to build a fire to help warm you up and dry you off, because you'd be starting from 100% wetness.  This would probably be a good way to cool off in the summer too, I'd suspect.  Maybe have some sort of boss or setpiece that only manifests itself underwater in the winter, with really good loot.

I could imagine some of the creatures under water consisting of the fish we see as food items (perhaps we could craft harpoons to hunt them), Pengulls that would act similarly to how Buzzards act above-water, and maybe certain part of the seafloor could have giant anglerfish, or maybe even sea-caves with them.

Not to mention new characters that would come with this DLC.  Perhaps a sea captain of some sort, or maybe even a fish-person who needs to stay wet to avoid overheating.

I would say new biomes, especially water related. It would be great to make separate islands with acces in some seasons or depending of tide. Also, boat, rivers, stream spear fishing, making own fort, new traps (like, come on, what's hard in digging pit), crafting metal weapons, real mining underground, new places like volcano, or icebergs, palms, coconuts, independent story mode for each character revealing their backstory, good distance weapons like bow, poisons, and diseases. Oh! And taming animals! 

All i wanted from caves was lava biomes. Honestly, they have (IMHO) run out of viable cave ecosystems after this. Still just want that one biome included and I'd be content. Think of it as the "Summer" addition to caves. 

What I'd really like though is the development of the new "Mad Scientist" tier they were discussing. It would deal with electricity and power, and I'd guess could affect Sanity in both directions. Of course, the Volt Goal should be key in it somehow and I'd expect a LOT of Tesla references....

I would really like to see a cave update, since that does seem to be the best place to get more bg on the ancient tribes and Them.

Plus, it's a little silly to have the lava biome be clearly visible in the load screen, but not found in the caves.

The Underwater update sounds rad as well. It'd be cool to find Mermen villages underwater.

I'd like an underwater dlc, although a caves dlc would be cool too. But I like the idea of being able to go diving, and having ways of increasing your oxygen meters. I'd be able to craft a snorkel for a small amount of increased time under water or an oxygen tank for a larger refillable source of oxygen that when equipped underwater it sets your oxygen levels to full. The deeper you go the darker it gets, meaning a light source would need to be available for the deeper plunges into the sea. Maybe you could even find spots where air bubbles come up and if you swim into them you can stay underwater longer Sharks would be an aggressive mob that will eat any meat available to them, but could have a good benefit to killing them to craft underwater stuff (a ranged spear gun using shark teeth to craft?) Fish could be killed for food but they will swim away. Jellyfish will sting you unless you attack them from their tops and can give you jelly. There's lots of mobs they could add really: crabs, whales, piranhas, lobsters, bivalves or lots more. I get really excited when thinking about an underwater Giant boss. A Loch Ness Monster or a Kraken would do nicely.

Archived