Amulet and Backpack slot?

To be honest, I like having to make decisions between backpack and armour (I've not actually made an amulet yet!). Not having to do so would make the game a lot easier than it should be.

Besides, like mitboy said: there's a mod for that. Is it the RPG HUD mod or something like that? I don't use mods as of yet, so I'm not too sure. :/

I like the idea. But when ever I see the word useful or convenient, I automatically think this:

Useful = Convenient = Easy = Boring.

If I think this, I wouldn't want it in Don't Starve. I like how we are put in tough situations which involve quick planning and careful choices.

I like the idea. But when ever I see the word useful or convenient, I automatically think this:

Useful = Convenient = Easy = Boring.

If I think this, I wouldn't want it in Don't Starve. I like how we are put in tough situations which involve quick planning and careful choices.

ermm... Old Bell.... Buzzards...

Am I the only one that has no idea what youre talking about? What does the old bell or buzzards have anything to do with J20hawk's post?

Useful = Convenient = Easy = Boring. that's the Old Bell and the Buzzards, no matter how you think about it

And the mod is useless and NEVER UPDATED!!! SO SHUT UP!!!

I understand you are frustrated, but please refrain from telling people to shut up. It's just rude and we like to keep it civil around here.

If you expect to get what you want acting like that - you are sadly mistaken. Please calm down, and come back later when your head is in a better place. I've died twice at the beginning of the game for the same reason and I never lashed out at anyone.

Don't complain about not getting what you want when it was your fault. It is not good.

You guys, seriously??? I was having a lotta trouble choosing between backpack or armor to wear and i DIED BECAUSE OF THE BACKPACK! ITS FOR YOUR BACK! NOT FRONT!

:mad-new:

I die because I screw up too. That's pretty much why everyone dies in Don't Starve.

And the mod is useless and NEVER UPDATED!!! SO SHUT UP!!!

Okay, here's my suggestion(s)

Grab RPG HUD's latest version (Kiopho updates it)

Look for a backpack and amulet slot mod made between RoG beta and now.

Learn to make a football helmet.

Now stop complaining, please. You're becoming a nice basket of flowers.

I have a slightly mixed opinion in this one. I do think the inventory space for DS is kinda low, but that goes with the whole 'uncompromising survival' thing that the game features. That said, I do like having a separate slot for a backpack and it's not particularly overpowered, it'd basically be the same thing as having a second Chester if more than one spawn in DST...which basically means that if there's multiple Chesters in DST then why do you need a backpack slot anyways? And if there's not then the extra inventory was deemed against the game, and thusly still the backpack slot would be redundant.

As for the amulets, those are highly situational as people have said. Also being able to just wear a red amulet all the time is completely overpowered, same with a blue one in Summer. I've tried the backpack+amulet slot mods, and the amulet slot makes the game extremely easy since you can wear armor and have the amulet of choice on at the same time. The purple amulet's debuff comes from the fact you no longer have armor to fight the nightmares you've brought upon yourself, if you take that away you can just farm nightmare fuel all day and take off the pendant whenever you have enough without worry.

So a backpack slot I'd be fine with, since there's a lot of types of resources in DS and it's annoying to run out of room while going through different biomes/such, but it isn't really required for the game. And an amulet slot is just stupidly overpowered.

I have a slightly mixed opinion in this one. I do think the inventory space for DS is kinda low, but that goes with the whole 'uncompromising survival' thing that the game features. That said, I do like having a separate slot for a backpack and it's not particularly overpowered, it'd basically be the same thing as having a second Chester if more than one spawn in DST...which basically means that if there's multiple Chesters in DST then why do you need a backpack slot anyways? And if there's not then the extra inventory was deemed against the game, and thusly still the backpack slot would be redundant.

As for the amulets, those are highly situational as people have said. Also being able to just wear a red amulet all the time is completely overpowered, same with a blue one in Summer. I've tried the backpack+amulet slot mods, and the amulet slot makes the game extremely easy since you can wear armor and have the amulet of choice on at the same time. The purple amulet's debuff comes from the fact you no longer have armor to fight the nightmares you've brought upon yourself, if you take that away you can just farm nightmare fuel all day and take off the pendant whenever you have enough without worry.

So a backpack slot I'd be fine with, since there's a lot of types of resources in DS and it's annoying to run out of room while going through different biomes/such, but it isn't really required for the game. And an amulet slot is just stupidly overpowered.

Well written!

(And why i like helmets when choosing to not use the backpack/neck extra slot here as my opinion it's too unbalancing.) 

Archived