World Seeds

So this has been suggested before in the single player realm, but I figure depending on how much work already has to be done to get worlds to work in the first place, it might be worth it to make seeds possible. That will allow for competitions between groups (or single players) and it'll actually be worth watching multiple people compete because they'll have the same everything.

As it stands, you can copy worlds/saves and distribute them to other players, but hopefully this could be done spur of the moment for an immediate random rush towards death.

edit: obviously Minecraft has this feature, but I just recently learned that Binding of Isaac: The Rebirth will have it too.

I always enjoyed seeing seed threads for mincraft, where you could spawn in odd places or there would be a point of interest near the spawn. Typing in random numbers and letters and seeing what you got is pretty great too

But then you have the argument of spawning with the same world that you had recently died in "Save scumming" or something but legitly? I guess it has the possibility to take the randomness out of worldgen

I can see both sides, and I have to say im kinda neutral. It wouldnt kill my experience to see this happen, but I can still enjoy the game a lot without it

I always enjoyed seeing seed threads for mincraft, where you could spawn in odd places or there would be a point of interest near the spawn. Typing in random numbers and letters and seeing what you got is pretty great too

But then you have the argument of spawning with the same world that you had recently died in "Save scumming" or something but legitly? I guess it has the possibility to take the randomness out of worldgen

I can see both sides, and I have to say im kinda neutral. It wouldnt kill my experience to see this happen, but I can still enjoy the game a lot without it

Yea, I suppose since they intentionally removed this feature already (sort of) doesn't look good for me, but I figured the way things are going, a lot of the original mentality is being thrown out I have nothing to lose.

Archived