Patch Notes - Rev 103865 June 12, 2014

• Removed fireflies from tumbleweed loot (it was causing a problem with controller targeting).

Can I express my discontent for this? This was a great way to make a finite resource infinite, and now it's gone completely. I want them back in the tumbleweeds, personally.

While we're add it, can we add Mandrakes, and Thulecite and/or its fragments extremely rare drops from Tumbleweeds? Those things would be nice if no longer finite. I see no reason they shouldn't be since everything else, ruins gems included, has become relatively unlimited.

• Developer

Guys, this isn't serious. You can't publish a build if it doesn't work. 
I lost my save game, and (more important) my son's savegame!
Please do something. Now you aware that the game crashes and we can't play.

BTW, this game is a gem. Fantastic work and great imagination and effort behind this development.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my previous posts: the save games should be restored (they weren't showing up but were still present due to a mixup with which build we needed to set live, which has now been corrected). The crash wasn't caught during our testing, which unfortunately happens sometimes. We've already fixed the issue, but the game needs to rebuild before we can push the fix out to everyone. You and your son should be able to return to your Don't Starve as normal within the hour.

Yep, we're aware of the crash. Fix is building now and will get rolled out ASAP. Bear with us for an hour or so while it comes together.

Thanks for your fast work and dedication to this great game! I will itch patiently while we wait for the hour or so to go by. ;)

Have all of you folks that are seeing issues tried restarting the game, verifying the game files, restarting steam, restarting your computers--all those basic sort of steps? We checked the live Steam build in the office and we're not having any of these issues.

If you're having issues, please let us know what version you're on and what platform you're on. Thanks.

I have restarted the game, restarted steam, and restarted my computer, twice. I'm running the latest version on a Windows 7 computer.

There are no files in the Klei/DoNotStarve/save folder or the Klei/DoNotStarve/save/mod_config_data folder, but there are save files (named like survival_2) in the Steam/userdata/84593850/219740/remote folder.

When I start a new save in Don't Starve, there are still no save files or any new files in the Klei folders, but in the steam/userdata/84593850/219740/remote folder, there are now files called things like survival_2_staging and survival_3_staging.

Hope this info can help!

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my previous posts: the save games should be restored (they weren't showing up but were still present due to a mixup with which build we needed to set live, which has now been corrected). The crash wasn't caught during our testing, which unfortunately happens sometimes. We've already fixed the issue, but the game needs to rebuild before we can push the fix out to everyone. You and your son should be able to return to your Don't Starve as normal within the hour.

Thanks SethR for your words.

We know you are doing your best.

Damn. Wish I would have come here and checked before hitting that update button.  Had a crap day and wanted to play some DS and now all my saves are gone. I know you guys are fixing it, I will wait somewhat non-patiently. :p

Cool Update, but if I read corectly you missed a bug on adventure mode. In Cold Reception when is only Rain and Snow. When winter is gone, snow is still on ground during the spring, but if I restart the game snow disappear.

And I am not sure but I think I have another one. When rain frog start, some frogs are freezed on sky, and not going down on the ground, this bug was on rabbits in caves but you fixed it long time ago.

I hope in the morning I can play the game, good luck with debug process.

• Developer

Just pushed the Steam build. Most platforms for standalone are finished and live, but the Don't Starve (i.e. main game, not Reign of Giants) build had errors and we need to rebuild on Windows, Linux 32 and 64.

Just pushed the Steam build. Most platforms for standalone are finished and live, but the Don't Starve (i.e. main game, not Reign of Giants) build had errors and we need to rebuild on Windows, Linux 32 and 64.

My games are back! :D Thanks so much for the fast fixes!

Well the standalone crash is gone but my game file is still

Don't Starve: 102572 WIN32

Build Date: 2014-05-24_15-31-36

And exact same in UpdaterCache/bin, I tried killing UpdaterCache but that did nothing. Is there any reason it isn't pulling new update for exe itself, or any updater log that might show me why it isn't grabbing it, or is it falling under the 'need to rebuild' above?

The updater 22 screen says it's up to date at version 103865 but the game itself clearly is not...

• Developer

Well the standalone crash is gone but my game file is still

Don't Starve: 102572 WIN32

Build Date: 2014-05-24_15-31-36

And exact same in UpdaterCache/bin, I tried killing UpdaterCache but that did nothing. Is there any reason it isn't pulling new update for exe itself, or any updater log that might show me why it isn't grabbing it, or is it falling under the 'need to rebuild' above?

The updater 22 screen says it's up to date at version 103865 but the game itself clearly is not...

This is probably due to the fact that pieces of the game successfully built for that version number (i.e. the DLC), but not others. We're fixed the issue with the build errors we saw and are rebuilding the main game right now, which should fix the issues you're seeing entirely once you update after the build finishes.

its back but there seems to be an issue with sound fx where its not stereo or simply not loud enough and it doesnt change if i raise or lower the volume.. worked fine earlier this day and no i didnt change anything and yes dont starve is the only affected program.

• Developer

Standalone on all platforms has finished and the patch should be live now for all versions of the game (with the patch-release hiccups ironed out).

If you're still seeing issues on any version/platform after making sure you're up-to-date, please let us know.

There is a bug

Whenever I move something in the inventory or approaching a science machine, the "light tab" makes a noise like "ding", same as indicating there is something new i can build.

I experienced this as well.

It seems to be related to the recent changes to the build item buffering.

I had a chest buffered and I was doing a post full moon Woodie cleanup, and it would chime and highlight the Structures tab every time that I picked up a log or pine cone.

It sounds like you may have had an item buffered in your Light tab.

Archived