Klei Forums Rpg style game

TRENTOMINOUS

Klei Forums Battle Rpg

You can choose from various different Klei Forum members and go on “quests” in the Forums. 

This game would be made with RPG maker, and would be a simple-ish game. The player chooses a Klei Forum member out of a list of them and then plays as them for the game.  The player can change their character any time, but the other characters must first be purchased with in-game credits.

The various areas that the Rpg takes place in are visual representations of threads. For example, Willete’s some art :grin: thread could be an area.

The characters would each have an unique ability or two that they can use in combat.

For example: Lord battal would have “Fire magic” which allows him to shoot fireballs.

Each character could also have one or two disadvantages

For example: Pecival would be “Hungerless” which would not allow him to eat food to regain health (he’s a voodoo doll, and voodoo dolls cannot eat)

The quests would be things such as

“Rabbitfist needs your help preventing derail. Kill 20 spam bots.”

“Silentdarkness needs help finding an old post. Find the old post and return it to Silentdarkness1”

Each quest would reward different things, such as Armor, credits, or characters.

For this project I need lots of people to help such as,

Artists, Game developers, Testers, Scripters, Idea donators, sounds, and a good strong group of leaders.

Current team

@F3RR1S                   Artist

@Trentominous     Ideas/Artist/Developer/Leader

@Strangerdanger101     Tester

@Subscriber01236        Tester/ Ideas

@orian34                                             Tester/Ideas

@Blazingice26                                     Developer

@Mack18853                                         Story/Ideas

@DwerBomb                                                               Story

@Rabbitfist                                                                   Story/Quests

@Luggs                                                                      Story

@Lord_Battal                                                               Art/Story

@ThePreChewedTree                                                                        Sound effects/Music

@Snob.                                                              Story/Quests/Leader

@MycoLogical                                                                           some stuff...?  I need Clarification

@vingw                                                                                    Story/Quests/Ideas/Leader

This game is not intended to make a profit, but is solely for the purpose of having a Klei Forum Game. The game will be free to anyone who wants it. Likewise, nothing in game will cost any money.

If you want yourself to be in the game, please PM one of the group leaders the following

A picture of your characters appearance

The characters “benefits” (powers, healing, etc)

The characters “Disadvantages” (can’t eat food, can’t use certain items, etc)

For example

Trentominous

Advantage: Nightmare magic (power)

Advantage: Bone healing (Can heal himself with bones)

Disadvantage: Hungerless (cannot eat food to heal himself)

Disadvantage: Unarmored (weaker defense)

If you don’t want to be in the game, then just simply tell us.

Any and all help is appreciated

PROJECT PERCENTILE DONE FOR FIRST UPDATE

0%

Right now we need the following to be worked upon

Introduction

Title Screen

Characters

Trentominous, Mack18853, Adolf Bacon, Bacon high priest

NPC's

Snob the Salesman, JoeW , Rabbitfist, Lord Battal

Areas

Main area/intro area, Snobs Snobby Shop, Some Art :grin: thread, Some Art :grin: boss room

Story

Intro, Some Art :grin: boss fight

Quests

A few for JoeW and Rabbitfist

Enemys

Spam bot, Derailment, Advertising

Checklist:

-Get permission for use of forumers, for the game characters

-Buy RPG maker for game developers

-Assign direct roles, who will develop the game, etc

-Story writers need to come up with appropriate storyline, including items and weapons

-Developers have to discuss the RPG mechanics, such as health, weapons, titles, quests, etc [after story is developed]

-Artists have to design sprites of characters, places, items, etc [after story is developed]

-Musicians have to create music [after story is developed]

-Quests will be suggested and refined

-Developers have to collaborate to finish the creation of the game, after all steps are done

PLANNING PHASE OF GAME DEVELOPMENT IS VITAL, RUSH THIS PHASE AND THE PROJECT WILL FAIL.

(sorry @Snob for stealing this)

IMPORTANT: JOIN THE KLEI RPG ADVENTURE GROUP ON STEAM IF YOU ARE WORKING ON THIS PROJECT

Is this really.. Necessary? Not saying it's a bad idea, but I think it's too personal. These are only YOUR friends, are they not?

Also, I don't think this belongs in the Don't Starve Mod section. If this game is going to be made with the RPG maker, it's not related to Don't Starve itself.

I don't think this belongs in the Don't Starve Mod section. If this game is going to be made with the RPG maker, it's not related to Don't Starve itself.

^

I would like a Mortal Combat like game with us more than an RPG, but this is a cute idea.

This reminds me of some old forums i used to go on. (but i won't go into detail)

I think this should be somewhere like the off-topic area.

But i would be happy to help, I haven't had much experience with programming (only some basic things)

My art could be ok i guess.

I think i could be a Tester/ idea donator though if you wanted.

Is this really.. Necessary? Not saying it's a bad idea, but I think it's too personal. These are only YOUR friends, are they not?

Also, I don't think this belongs in the Don't Starve Mod section. If this game is going to be made with the RPG maker, it's not related to Don't Starve itself.

I used them as examples , because I knew they wouldn't get angry that I used them as examples

Wasn't Daver working on something like this?

I do not believe so

Can i be a tester?

I don't really have experience with game development and if you saw my art you would throw up.

Yes, you can be a tester, I'll add your name up above later

This reminds me of some old forums i used to go on. (but i won't go into detail)

I think this should be somewhere like the off-topic area.

But i would be happy to help, I haven't had much experience with programming (only some basic things)

My art could be ok i guess.

I think i could be a Tester/ idea donator though if you wanted.

The rpg maker is on the humble bundle, so you could try to learn it. But yes, for right now I'll put you as tester/idea donator

adolfbacon/sovietfirepower

advantage: armed to the teeth  ( start with a ak 47 or bow depending on theme of game)

advantage: cat like reflexes  (can jump high and can dodge 75% of attacks)

disadvantage:furry (25% less fire resistance )

disadvantage:bad strength  ( 50% less melee damage)

adolfbacon/sovietfirepower

advantage: armed to the teeth  ( start with a ak 47 or bow depending on theme of game)

advantage: cat like reflexes  (can jump high and can dodge 75% of attacks)

disadvantage:furry (25% less fire resistance )

disadvantage:weak muscles ( 50% less melee damage)

Mmmmh, it's like fire and water...

Archived