New Pictures In The Game Files

It looks like the Pyro character is gonna be part of a promotion campaign for DST, like that one strategy game had TF2 classes in it and TF2 got promotional hats from that game (I recall it being a thing, just not which game). And of course Sonic All star racing *nervous eye twitch when hearing the Heavy and Spy's voices in that game*...

I believe you're referring to Dungeon Defenders. If not, add that to the list.

I wonder if Klei does make it official but instead puts a twist on things. Instead of starting fires Pyro aka Wyro puts out fires. The "flare gun" is actually a water gun. He can keep the axe/tomahawk seeing as that sort of tool is what most firemen use.

I wonder if Klei does make it official but instead puts a twist on things. Instead of starting fires Pyro aka Wyro puts out fires. The "flare gun" is actually a water gun. He can keep the axe/tomahawk seeing as that sort of tool is what most firemen use.

There's no "w" in Pyro's name. Klei's leaving our "W"'s now (Maxwell is Waxell and William Carter, so he doesn't count as a "non-W" character.

Edit: That axe is an axtinguisher and is used to cause criticals to people on fire so most likely it's function is that.

There's no "w" in Pyro's name. Klei's leaving our "W"'s now (Maxwell is Waxell and William Carter, so he doesn't count as a "non-W" character.

Edit: That axe is an axtinguisher and is used to cause criticals to people on fire so most likely it's function is that.

Wyro could very likely be the codename for the playable character Pyro, like Waxwell is for the playable character Maxwell aswell. ;)

Wyro could very likely be the codename for the playable character Pyro, like Waxwell is for the playable character Maxwell aswell. ;)

true, but the name of the character portarait says "Pyro" just like how Maxwell's was "Waxwell" to not conflict with the Maxwell we know and love [and hit him on the head with a shovel.] But there are no mobs with the name "Pyro" so there's a highly unlikely chance we'll see the name "Wyro".

I honestly have no problem with this. It's hard for me to understand why people get so upset about a little marketing, and besides, out of all the characters they could have possibly picked, they went for the best choice. A person/thing who is totally nuts with candy and rainbows.

Perhaps just think of it as Pyro but in an alternate universe and maybe it won't be so twitchy to see he/she/it alongside the other characters.

I don't hate TF2, but it's an over-saturated mass.  There is no need to advertise it.  I would still be unhappy if they added any of my favorite characters from another IP.  This would be the first intense of them implementing anything like this and it feels uncomfortably unfitting to me.  Other game's that implement reference characters at least do it at release and are usually intended to be crossover games, but DS seemed like it was going to be it's own thing. Between the last puzzle being a bust and this, it just seems like they just don't care about the integrity of the lore anymore.  

I don't hate TF2, but it's an over-saturated mass.  There is no need to advertise it.  I would still be unhappy if they added any of my favorite characters from another IP.  This would be the first intense of them implementing anything like this and it feels uncomfortably unfitting to me.  Other game's that implement reference characters at least do it at release and are usually intended to be crossover games, but DS seemed like it was going to be it's own thing. Between the last puzzle being a bust and this, it just seems like they just don't care about the integrity of the lore anymore.  

Perhaps the character will act just like a mod, if anything, not meant to be taken as canon. Besides, since there is so little lore and story to begin with, now may be one of the best times to do this sort of thing. At least later down the line it will be easier to say Pyro is not canon to the story, it's just a fun mod like thing. If thought about another way, this might encourage more people to play TF and Don't Starve, as well, and the more people who play Don't Starve and get the word out, the better, right? I have no problem with TF and its over saturated mass, as it were. Valve are just doing what comes naturally from a popular franchise. I can't expect less, *I'm kind of expecting more, actually. Where is the real life plushies for every member? XD*  But yes, I suppose I would like a bit more done in the puzzle/lore department, if I am truly honest.

ALSO Pyro has voice files now! They are labeled "Wyro" though. Also, they're instrument based, not "MMpg mmph". Sounds like some sort of muffled violin or something, combined with a sort of thump. They also include balloon squeaks, and flaregun firing and impact noises.

ALSO Pyro has voice files now! They are labeled "Wyro" though. Also, they're instrument based, not "MMpg mmph". Sounds like some sort of muffled violin or something, combined with a sort of thump. They also include balloon squeaks, and flaregun firing and impact noises.

I just found them and used an FSB extractor, they're f**king amazing!

Edit: Wyro's voicelines sound like Wallace's but muffled.

Edit2: Found Pyro's sanity lines...

Edit3: Wyro has 28 generic strings

Edit0:I make a lot of edits...

Would I be allowed to suppy a dropbox link for people to hear the Wyro noises who don't have FSBextractor?

Edit: All the balloon noises are named "ballon_squeak"

It would be nice if you could, as I can't extract it.

Even if you can't i just hope this becomes a official mod or something.

Perhaps the character will act just like a mod, if anything, not meant to be taken as canon. Besides, since there is so little lore and story to begin with, now may be one of the best times to do this sort of thing. At least later down the line it will be easier to say Pyro is not canon to the story, it's just a fun mod like thing. If thought about another way, this might encourage more people to play TF and Don't Starve, as well, and the more people who play Don't Starve and get the word out, the better, right? I have no problem with TF and its over saturated mass, as it were. Valve are just doing what comes naturally from a popular franchise. I can't expect less, *I'm kind of expecting more, actually. Where is the real life plushies for every member? XD*  But yes, I suppose I would like a bit more done in the puzzle/lore department, if I am truly honest.

Oh, it better be a mod.  I admit to being sick of seeing TF2 stuff everywhere, however I would be fine with it being an uncanon mod.  It just bothers me because it's just such an unfitting character and they have so many other concept characters to work with.  Even if they did something silly like remake Wilton into a Mariachi playing Sugar Skeleton I would find it more endearing then ... "Pyro because lol Pyro". 

Oh, it better be a mod.  I admit to being sick of seeing TF2 stuff everywhere, however I would be fine with it being an uncanon mod.  It just bothers me because it's just such an unfitting character and they have so many other concept characters to work with.  Even if they did something silly like remake Wilton into a Mariachi playing Sugar Skeleton I would find it more endearing then ... "Pyro because lol Pyro". 

Sugar skeleton? Now you are talking.

Someone get on this now.

Day of the dead skeleton wilton.

Day of the dead clothes and face paint for all of the characters.

Day of the dead sugar skull everything.

Archived