Patch Notes - Rev 102535 May 23, 2014

I AM GETTING MULTIPLE SEASONS AT THE SAME TIME

HELP ME JOEW

twitch.tv/flare2v

Well, after teleporting trees, blue hounds in autumn, ten straight days of rain in summer followed by a base fire, and the god forsaken dragonfly, the madness has ended. All good here.

Edited the OP, but one particularly nasty bug has cropped up:

• Mods are crashing during world gen. Workaround is to create your world with all mods disabled, save your world, go back to the mods menu, enable your mods, and then load into your game. The proper fix will come early next week. Apologies for the disruption.

You do realize this makes Up and Away unplayable, right? Since our content is a custom level and trying to enter that custom level for the first time (i.e., generate it) crashes the game, as I just verified it does, it simply cannot be played, unless the player just happens to already have generated the cloudrealm before the patch.

So what are we supposed to do, take down Up and Away from the forum downloads and from the Workshop, "unreleasing" it? I would think a bug of this magnitude would certainly qualify as reason to rollback the update, but maybe that's just me.

@debugman18

@MilleniumCount

@Luggs

@Vivalavie

@ArcticFox789

@Willette

@TheDanaAddams

@Mr. Tiddles

@buttercup

@Lium

@MycoLogical

@Craig_Perry

"Protect us, tree!"

You have no idea how much I enjoy that change. :D Thanks guys!

Otherwise, just weighing in on a bug I encountered with the last update. I have Krampus set to Lots, I'm currently on day 194, and for some odd reason I can't seem to accrue enough naughtiness points to get Krampus to spawn anymore. I already got the Krampus sack, but... I still kind of like the idea of there possibly being dire consequences for killing one too many innocent creatures. I just tested it out with this latest update and I know Krampus would hiss with the death of a single pigman and I got nada after bludgeoning one to death.

You do realize this makes Up and Away unplayable, right? Since our content is a custom level and trying to enter that custom level for the first time (i.e., generate it) crashes the game, as I just verified it does, it simply cannot be played, unless the player just happens to already have generated the cloudrealm before the patch.

So what are we supposed to do, take down Up and Away from the forum downloads and from the Workshop, "unreleasing" it? I would think a bug of this magnitude would certainly qualify as reason to rollback the update, but maybe that's just me.

@debugman18

@MilleniumCount

@Luggs

@Vivalavie

@ArcticFox789

@Willette

@TheDanaAddams

@Mr. Tiddles

@buttercup

@Lium

@MycoLogical

@Craig_Perry

I think it would be best to do a PSA on the forum download, but as for the workshop it'd be best to take it down for a bit (as many never read anything and will just say "its not working" when its been explained already)

Edited the OP, but one particularly nasty bug has cropped up:

• Mods are crashing during world gen. Workaround is to create your world with all mods disabled, save your world, go back to the mods menu, enable your mods, and then load into your game. The proper fix will come early next week. Apologies for the disruption.

As @simplex stated in an earlier post, this will affect our mod collaboration as well. I really think this patch should be rolled back as well, until a proper fix can be tested.

So of course having it disabled is breaking our mod and its breaking ua too. its breaking bunch of others, you cant just disable mods at worldgen that is not a proper workaround.( might as well just tell us not to use mods at all)  It's also breaking ANYTHING that uses custom characters since you cant select a modded character after the world is being generated, IMO this is not acceptable.

Please rollback.

I cannot agree more, completely unnaceptable.

I also want to know what is DS release cycle when you have not tested a single mod before pushing the release. The effects of team moving to DST that 'will not influence single player experience'?

Hey everyone. We had a couple hiccups with the standalone build getting rolled out before it was quite ready, but the issues that caused should be solved now. I'm about to set the build live on Steam, so I'm putting up the patch notes now.

Patch Notes for Rev 102535

Creatures

• Creatures no longer get stuck in a behavior (i.e. OnFire or GoHome: manifested as creatures walking into walls forever, etc).

on fire?

Edit: It fell asleep at night.

P.D: I like the new cactus appearance.

post-348057-0-59023700-1400927035_thumb.

Apparently there was a patch released on Friday that breaks the game for how many of us play.  I have a new character mod that I was hoping to be playing and see that is not possible.

I'm new to playing Don't Starve with mods, but is this normal on patch day?  

Was there some warning about this happening that I overlooked?  

Is there a way for us to rollback to a previous version of the game?

Apparently there was a patch released on Friday that breaks the game for how many of us play.  I have a new character mod that I was hoping to be playing and see that is not possible.

I'm new to playing Don't Starve with mods, but is this normal on patch day?  

Was there some warning about this happening that I overlooked?  

Is there a way for us to rollback to a previous version of the game?

Please read the OP. This has to do with a worldgen bug.

@SethR I assume you haven't fixed the "crockpot food occasionally instantly becoming rot" bug, right?

Please read the OP. This has to do with a worldgen bug.

@SethR I assume you haven't fixed the "crockpot food occasionally instantly becoming rot" bug, right?

Yes.  I read it.  None of my questions were answered in the original post.

So, U&A and Hero in the Dark just don't work now? And most mods are at least partly broken? Seriously? So, no-one tested any mods before releasing this?

Guys, I understand your disappointment (especially those who worked on their mods so hard), but have faith in Klei. I mean they now are down to only SethR alone working on bugfixes. And he is just one human, who needs to sleep and eat from time to time, you know? I am sure he'll fix this as soon as he can. Just be a little bit more patient. Find a way to pass some time before its done. Its not that difficult really.

So, U&A and Hero in the Dark just don't work now? And most mods are at least partly broken? Seriously? So, no-one tested any mods before releasing this?

"Most" mods that people invested more than 20 minutes into the mod, will not work. Pretty much the only mods that will work are those simple tweak (cheat) mods.

Guys, I understand your disappointment (especially those who worked on their mods so hard), but have faith in Klei. I mean they now are down to only SethR alone working on bugfixes. And he is just one human, who needs to sleep and eat from time to time, you know? I am sure he'll fix this as soon as he can. Just be a little bit more patient. Find a way to pass some time before its done. Its not that difficult really.

It's the fact that an untested (at least properly) patch was pushed through on a Friday, and the work around is not acceptable. If you put out a patch before the weekend that disables a huge portion of the mods for the community, then a rollback should have been performed before going home for the weekend.  

I really feel for the UnA team since this was their first weekend as Alpha release, most people on Steam are not going to read the forums or the comments, which will create other issues for them. 

Archived