My question list.

Will you be doing a 'server-type' multiplayer?(Where the server is run on somewhere dedicated, similar to minecraft, terraria, and tf2 servers)

Evidence to support above possibility:

It's still too early to know, and there's not a lot of gameplay details at the moment. What I can tell you guys is you will be able to play with friends and even with complete strangers in either public or private games if you'd like.

Or will you be going down the route where one client runs the main game and players join off of that?

Will you be allowing people to edit the above to include more players(without support of course)

How will you handle items being owned by different players?

What will you do about people using the teleportato to go to a new world?

What about adventure mode's integration?

What about boss difficulty? Will it scale to players?

How will mobs handle which player to go to?

Will it integrate ROG?

According to a player:

Also RoG will work for multiplayer as long as everyone you play with has it.

What about world generation? How do you plan to handle generating in two different areas?

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm going to go read every thread now and see if any of them have been answered yet.

@Warewolves check out my thread. Feel free to discuss things with us about rebalancing single player for multiplayer. Some of the questions you asked I've also asked there. http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/36103-how-to-rebalance-dont-starve-for-multiplayer/

Also RoG will work for multiplayer as long as everyone you play with has it.

I'll get to it once I'm done reading every single thread for clues.

Outside of what is in the announcement, we don't have a heck of a lot of solid information. 

Generally we don't like to speculate about the way things would be, because what we want, and what ends up being correct are often times two different things. 

We will be doing some updates from time to time with more information about various aspects of the game. 

, because what we want, and what ends up being correct are often times two different things. 

This                                                                                                                                    .

So when will we get more info? This section seems pointless sinse everyone kbows the general stuff.

One questio thought: you said thst Early ALPHA was gonna come out in end Summer. What about Early Beta? Will that come out in middle of the June or something?

One questio thought: you said thst Early ALPHA was gonna come out in end Summer. What about Early Beta? Will that come out in middle of the June or something?

Alpha comes before beta... you know: alpha, beta, gamma, delta, ..., psi, omega.

So when will we get more info? This section seems pointless sinse everyone kbows the general stuff.

I'm pretty sure late summer means August sadly.

Outside of what is in the announcement, we don't have a heck of a lot of solid information. 

Generally we don't like to speculate about the way things would be, because what we want, and what ends up being correct are often times two different things. 

We will be doing some updates from time to time with more information about various aspects of the game. 

That's fair enough. I just wanted to address my main questions and concerns. I await the next tidbit of news.

Archived