I think players should have a way to resurrect dead players. Maybe when a player is killed the player could drop "[Player Name]'s Flesh". The flesh could be uses as ether food or it could be used with magical items to resurrect a player and bring them back into the game. It should be fairly hard to do because death needs to be a legitimate consequence. I think that Flesh + Nightmare Fuel + Gold + Stone Bricks + blood or something  for example should build an Necromancy alter. Then when the dead player logs into the game again he will be resurrected at the alter.

I think it would be a nice way to bring people back to life whilst keeping the game challenging.

What do you think?

What do you think?

Someone suggested elsewhere utilizing the player skulls that have been in the files - basically forever I think - as a player ressurection item (once they run out of the 'normal' means like touchstones and effigies).  Seemed like a good compromise to me.  Just bury it in an open grave and the player is resurrected, like webber.  Uses up the grave though, so if you run out of graves, well, you all kind of sucked anyway - there's a lot of graves in the world! :D

Now that'd be a good one. Maybe get rid of touchstones to balance that out.

I'd say just make it an option to get rid of them.  In my mind multiplayer is about having fun with friends more than anything.  So if folks want to make it fairly easy to come back and keep having fun, they should have the option.  Though I could see the 'default' setting to be no touchstones...

Nothing wrong with to much fun but Don't Starve is a survival game and it's meant to be challenging. Making resurrection to easy would take away from the survival aspect. That said, you do need to actually find a grave and you need to bring your friends corps to it.

Nothing wrong with to much fun but Don't Starve is a survival game and it's meant to be challenging. Making resurrection to easy would take away from the survival aspect. That said, you do need to actually find a grave and you need to bring your friends corps to it.

I hear you, definitely agree on Single Player.  But I think MP is just about giving people what they want.  If they want to sandbox and have a good time with their friends for a couple hours, great.  If they want to have an intense and difficult experience all day, fine.   I could see parents playing this with kids, and it would be good perhaps to be able to make it easier for younger kids.  I think most of the arguments about "Klei's vision" go out the window for MP.  MP is about the community (this is coming from someone who will probably never use MP though, so take it for what it's worth...)

I think the first question everyone should ask themselves about whether any given feature can be this way or that way is, "can they just give us the option to pick how we want it?"  If so, that's how it should be.   

This particular issue is more nuts and bolts though, and the basic framework would have to be consistent  - i.e., skull in grave?  Skull+gem?  magic machine?   But we could easily be given the option to allow or not allow touchstones and meat effigies.

Archived