Why the hypocrisy?

People didn't really insult the idea. They were simply annoyed by people who were asking for it when it had clearly been stated in several official forum posts, including a stickied thread, that is was NOT happening.

However, times have changed and it is now possible. Therefore, nothing to hate. For most people.

We defended Klei's decision because at the time they didn't want it and as fans we stood for that. Now they took a brave decision to implement it. As fans we stick along and see where Klei and Don't Starve go. Personally I was kind of surprised they decided to add it, but knowing how much love and effort they put into their games I honestly believe they will make multiplayer just as awesome as they made the single player experience.

It's here now and we should just accept it. If people don't want to play it they don't have to.

Can they refund my money?

People didn't really insult the idea. They were simply annoyed by people who were asking for it when it had clearly been stated in several official forum posts, including a stickied thread, that is was NOT happening.

However, times have changed and it is now possible. Therefore, nothing to hate. For most people.

We defended Klei's decision because at the time they didn't want it and as fans we stood for that. Now they took a brave decision to implement it. As fans we stick along and see where Klei and Don't Starve go. Personally I was kind of surprised they decided to add it, but knowing how much love and effort they put into their games I honestly believe they will make multiplayer just as awesome as they made the single player experience.

And you will accept anything that says Klei?

Refund your money? What are you talking about? Are you trolling? This is an expansion or add-on to the game. It's free and it will not effect you. If you're just playing single player.

They have built up enough trust with the good feedback, updates, listening to the fanbase to build up enough trust. So yes, to a certain degree, I do accept what they say.

But you seem rather accusatory with that. I don't see what the issue is. I'm not just blindly assuming I will love it before I've even played it. I'm still going to judge if I like it or not once it's released and I've played it sufficiently to make a judgement, but based on the quality of content in the past which has built up the trust I have, I can make the assumption that the content will be good.

They have built up enough trust with the good feedback, updates, listening to the fanbase to build up enough trust. So yes, to a certain degree, I do accept what they say.

But you seem rather accusatory with that. I don't see what the issue is. I'm not just blindly assuming I will love it before I've even played it. I'm still going to judge if I like it or not once it's released and I've played it sufficiently to make a judgement, but based on the quality of content in the past which has built up the trust I have, I can make the assumption that the content will be good.

Obvius the admins loves you if you are a puppet of they.

But not more comments, i know all are puppets. :wilson_lightbulb:

No. Don't do that. Please explain how I'm a puppet. I put faith in them because I they have proven they are capable of making a good game.

I've already posted this picture on this guys other thread, but it seems even more fitting for this thread (Be it a troll thread or not).

jackie-chan-illuminati.jpg

Multiplayer is coming. Whether you like it or not is up to you, but it won't affect you either way. Pretty much everyone here has earned Klei's trust in handling these kind of things.

No one ever "insulted" the idea of multiplayer, people simply prefered Klei to focus in the single player game development. Now, with that aside, multiplayer sounds like a pretty good idea.

1. You have not bought the add-on, it is not for sale yet, and no one is forcing you to buy it.

2. People tend to accept things they like.

Wow. Just wow.

EDIT: Typos.

@Brainman27 it isn't about agreeing or disagreeing. As a moderator I keep the peace by agreeing to the rules and decisions set by Klei. At the time when I knew Don't Starve won't get multiplayer, I made sure no hate came from people wanting multiplayer and those who were frustrated to see "another" multiplayer thread. So threads were locked indefinitely.

Now that we are getting multiplayer my feelings towards it haven't changed. I wasn't bothered then and I'm not bothered now. I'm just happy that Klei have decided to add it because it tells me they are the sort of company that will go against a decision to keep their fan base happy. They knew how hard it was to implement it, they knew the costs and they knew the risks. Remember Don't Starve was made for single player. Yet they took a leap of faith to make people happy.

I don't see how that's relevant... Nor do I know what to say at this point... You are completely avoiding any competent discussion which leads me to believe you are a troll. 

"You are welcome to express your thoughts"

You give me a warning point for this image:

8903779sin-ttulo.png

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/36042-new-character-revealed/#entry472595

No, I gave you a warning point for using it to antagonize other people on the forums. It was off-topic and irrelevant to the discussion where you brought it up, not to mention the other thread and then the new thread you created for it as well. 

I don't see how that's relevant... Nor do I know what to say at this point... You are completely avoiding any competent discussion which leads me to believe you are a troll. 

You think im a troll

I think all hasnt personality and needs the klei opinion for make his comments

It's amazing the freedom

(I dont like the people calls me troll, i prefer "the only with brain")

You think im a troll

I think all hasnt personality and needs the klei opinion for make his comments

It's amazing the freedom

(I dont like the people calls me troll, i prefer "the only with brain")

So because my opinion disagrees with yours, I am a "puppet".

That's the reaction of a troll. Please, if you insist that you're not a troll, give a reasonable response. We have already said that we (most of us) were agreed with Klei before because at the time it was technically impossible, as well as causing a lot of annoyance to forumers who knew it would not happen anyway as well as people asking for it for getting hatred from forumers.

Now it is possible, people who were neutral or in favour of it before now have more arguments for than against. To assume that a person's argument is eternally unchanging is simply stupid. Circumstances change, and they have in this situation. Many have reassessed their thoughts on it and are now in favour. To call us hypocrites for changing an opinion based on a change of circumstances is simply asking for an argument when there is nothing there.

Archived