A things, that aren't more than one and must be done by all.

So I was really happy for MP DS but there are left some things:

1. What about chester? He is ONLY one in the world and ONLY one person can have him.

2. And Glommer?

3. Next thing is sleeping:

Holy God!? How you want to do this?

4. And the last thing: DEATH

When player dies or uses ME, or RS, or is killed penamently. What about dying in MP? Will we have a chance to ressurect by RS and ME or choose new character?

Let's start a discuss.

I have no idea, but if I have to speculate:

1, 2 and any issues regarding to lack of resources: From what I gather, multiplayer in Don´t Starve is going to be players working together. It´s not like Day Z or Minecraft, where you all spawn in different areas and do your own thing. Also, there won´t  be that many players in the first place, I doubt there will be more than nine. So, as for resources (they could always implement more of course) but it isn´t that big of a deal, because I think the point is that you work as a team and collect stuff together. 

3. Sleeping: Maybe they take the Minecraft approach, and skip the night once everyone´s in bed, but that would be hard to organize, so I doubt it. Probably, you´ll just have to lay in bed, until daylight. Or maybe they´ll take sleeping out all together. 

4. Easy. You die...YOU DIE. You´re out. Once everyone´s dead, the world get´s destroyed. Don´t Starve doesn´t work as a game without permadeath, it would just fall apart otherwise.

My concern is...What happens with time and seasons? Can I just log off when Winter comes and only log in once Autumn comes?

Wait... Then we will have to play ONLY together. But I LOVE PvP. Then what?

I think yes, but it will be really hard to wait soooooooooo many time :p

My next question is what about caves? It will need all players in cave or just one and more?

Wait... Then we will have to play ONLY together. But I LOVE PvP. Then what?

I think yes, but it will be really hard to wait soooooooooo many time :razz:

My next question is what about caves? It will need all players in cave or just one and more?

There´s nothing stopping you from killing them.

Well, when you are in the Caves, time passes normally on the surface in single-player. So, I think, if that´s what you referring to, should be fine.

There´s nothing stopping you from killing them.

Well, when you are in the Caves, time passes normally on the surface in single-player. So, I think, if that´s what you referring to, should be fine.

Nope. There is a bug that makes time loop in caves :/ that's why I don't know.

Archived