It seems that if the position of power could shift from a player completing adventure mode, it would just add a set of complications.

By having the person be Maxwell and only Maxwell, it could give the mode a universal understanding and the game should fly by quicker.

If the person player Maxwell breaks server rules/gets kicked/leaves another player could be assigned by being the one with the most points or through the suggested voting system.

It seems that if the position of power could shift from a player completing adventure mode, it would just add a set of complications.

By having the person be Maxwell and only Maxwell, it could give the mode a universal understanding and the game should fly by quicker.

If the person player Maxwell breaks server rules/gets kicked/leaves another player could be assigned by being the one with the most points or through the suggested voting system.

Yup. Lots of thoughts bouncing around the thread right now, and they're all pretty good. This one seems easier and more simple. Thanks for the feedback!

I'm also picturing the Point of View of the GM right now.
All RTS like, a view from the sky, doing stuff with click, drag and point
... I'm actually liking that already.

The thing is, when the world generates, all items and things in the world are set and they do not respawn if destroyed or removed, also there are some rules already that define the common AI of monsters. For example, naturally generated carrots do not respawn, and Spiders don't wander off too far from their nests.

Spawning food randomly and being able to control mobs could be extremely challenging/amusing for survivors, but it would also change the whole gameplay situation.

I'm also picturing the Point of View of the GM right now.

All RTS like, a view from the sky, doing stuff with click, drag and point

... I'm actually liking that already.

The thing is, when the world generates, all items and things in the world are set and they do not respawn if destroyed or removed, also there are some rules already that define the common AI of monsters. For example, naturally generated carrots do not respawn, and Spiders don't wander off too far from their nests.

Spawning food randomly and being able to control mobs could be extremely challenging/amusing for survivors, but it would also change the whole gameplay situation.

Hmm... I hadn't thought of controlling the mobs in an RTS style, but that would be pretty cool, you're right.

I don't think it would be too difficult to implement the ability to plant carrots... Controlling mobs would be a whole different story, though.

Could work. Maybe have the crafting tab on the side be the GM's control panel.

Yeah... Sounds about right. I can sorta see it now... Different tabs for different things like hostiles, food, neutrals... Thanks for the feedback!

I love this idea...but there's just one thing...

This seems to take a looooong time, and not everyone has that much time...maybe add a "lightning" mode to it? Rather than an entire adventure mode map, it's just a single island. Points regenerate faster, days go by quicker, seasons go by quicker, and every cooldown is somewhat reduced. Both sides also start with some gear/points, dependent on the season.

Also, if I could suggest a name for the points....maybe "influence"?

Funnily enough, I had almost exactly the same idea even before the update was announced :p

Needless to say, if something like that were implemented, my opinion of the multiplayer would immediately change from "Ye, kinda cool" to "I will move to a land where marrying companies is legal".

I love this idea...but there's just one thing...

This seems to take a looooong time, and not everyone has that much time...maybe add a "lightning" mode to it? Rather than an entire adventure mode map, it's just a single island. Points regenerate faster, days go by quicker, seasons go by quicker, and every cooldown is somewhat reduced. Both sides also start with some gear/points, dependent on the season.

Also, if I could suggest a name for the points....maybe "influence"?

Yes, different speed settings would fit very well... As a new Custom Setting, or something like that. Thanks for commenting!

Funnily enough, I had almost exactly the same idea even before the update was announced :p

Needless to say, if something like that were implemented, my opinion of the multiplayer would immediately change from "Ye, kinda cool" to "I will move to a land where marrying companies is legal".

Yeah, this idea has been festering in my head for a while, but I didn't feel the need to say it considering Klei said they'd never make multiplayer. But now that they have, I've released this idea out into the wild.

Great minds think alike, I suppose.

I think that would be a good idea, but I suggest that the Maxwell player change every round and that people get to vote for who it is. This would only work in private matches because otherwise everyone would just vote for themselves because strangers are selfish, but it's an idea.

And players can try to take the throne over for their self. The previous GM would enter the game as a different character.

Archived