Player comunication

Is there going to be a chat system? Are there going to be generic responses that you can choose from?

Journey style with just tones of varying lengths? No communication at all?

I highly doubt something like voice chat will be implemented, and if a chat system does get added I think It could best be integrated through the regular speech. Where you can examine things and the character says something, but you can also put in your own text and the character will also say it.

Any ideas? Opinions?

Is there going to be a chat system? Are there going to be generic responses that you can choose from?

Journey style with just tones of varying lengths? No communication at all?

I highly doubt something like voice chat will be implemented, and if a chat system does get added I think It could best be integrated through the regular speech. Where you can examine things and the character says something, but you can also put in your own text and the character will also say it.

Any ideas? Opinions?

I really like the idea of typing what you want and the character saying just that :D That seems like the best choice.

A chat system would be nice, and is probably necessary. A voice command system would also be neat, and would probably work quite well with how the characters speak already. If this is not added directly then I'm pretty sure we'll see a mod for it at some point.

Otherwise, they could either chose to implement steam's voicechat (which in my experience is very low quality and buggy).

I personally plan on just using my own TeamSpeak server when playing with close friends; Wouldn't ever plan on playing on public servers.

A chat system would be nice, and is probably necessary. A voice command system would also be neat, and would probably work quite well with how the characters speak already. If this is not added directly then I'm pretty sure we'll see a mod for it at some point.

Otherwise, they could either chose to implement steam's voicechat (which in my experience is very low quality and buggy).

I personally plan on just using my own TeamSpeak server when playing with close friends; Wouldn't ever plan on playing on public servers.

If I'm ever going to voice chat its probably going to be over skype anyway.

I can imagine it would be normal chat with a textbox or something or just generic voice commands as stated previously.

I chuckled a bit at imagining a player playing as Wilson examining another player playing as Wilson and saying "What a handsome devil!"

i think would be nice for a bobble speech kind-of mechanic.  think WOW with ought the chat window.  

that way players have to be close to each other to communicate and whenever you write something the character musical instrument can play too. they can even add different tones for each tipe of chat (whisper/normal/yell) 

I think if the words actually came from their mouths like when you examine something, would be a very nice touch for rp, wes on the other hand....

Yep. Maybe raven crow's comic could be of inspiration to just about everything for MP. In there, the eyebone uses telepathy to read Wes's mind and inform the other campers.

I would like to see a talking eyebone.

Yep. Maybe raven crow's comic could be of inspiration to just about everything for MP. In there, the eyebone uses telepathy to read Wes's mind and inform the other campers.

I would like to see a talking eyebone.

Aw man, being able to communicate via eyebones (each player has their own color) would be fantastic.

Aw man, being able to communicate via eyebones (each player has their own color) would be fantastic.

Speaking of Eyebones, Chester would be fought over quite a bit since there is only one of him, or will there be multiple Chesters each world?

It would be funny to be able to change the pitch of the sound the players make. High pitch stands for fear, somewhat high pitch stands for contentment, flat pitch equals "wat.", and low pitch stands for anger.

Going further with that, what about a system similar to the chirps in Journey? That game had a very expressive way of communication without ever saying or typing any words.

Going further with that, what about a system similar to the chirps in Journey? That game had a very expressive way of communication without ever saying or typing any words.

I mentioned that In the OP, while it would be hard to explain within the DS lore it'd still be interesting none the less

yesyesyesyesyes this with the instrument voices!!!! I love this idea!!!!!

I'm a bit mixed when in comes to voice/mic chat--I don't want spammers to ruin my game and with the time that can go into a single DS run, that could be a major problem--so I vote no on that note.

I absolutely love the pitch and instrument suggestion, however!

Yeah, I'd like a quick voice command where the characters do a kind of quote thing, along with a chat-box that makes them say things. With Wes, they should allow him to "Ping" like in journey. He is hard mode, so I suppose limited conversation with him is fair.

Archived