Important and Logical Questions Megathread

Post the most obvious questions about multiplayer below for the devs to (hopefully) see.

So just how will multiplayer work with different characters? Can multiple people play as the same character?

How much will competition between the human players play a role in this? I always liked the idea that in a potential multiplayer, if your sanity lowers to a certain point, your fellow players will be viewed as a potential threat and food thief, turning him into a shadowy monster that lowers your sanity even more if you are around him.

Well...When I saw multiplayer, I immediately thought of this...

post-369498-0-04120700-1399491925_thumb.

I hope everyone has to pick a different character and they all have their different abilities. I really don´t want to see clones or customized characters. 

Also, it be cool if Maxwell, Weeber and Werebeaver lower the sanity of the other normal payers when close.

This will surelly add quotes about other characters! I can't wait to see what Willow has to say about Woodie(Both are the nightmare of the trees)

I bet Maxwell can't wait to see his dear friend Wes free...

How much will competition between the human players play a role in this? I always liked the idea that in a potential multiplayer, if your sanity lowers to a certain point, your fellow players will be viewed as a potential threat and food thief, turning him into a shadowy monster that lowers your sanity even more if you are around him.

Oh my god. Your post gave me a great idea. You could have co-op Dont Starve, and then a mode which allows up to 4 people to be in the same world, but you're all against each other. Imagine the chaos >:D

Whats with sanity boost aura on friendly players?

If they will have it then no need for hats, if they would not have it then why pigs have it?

There is no real combat system so PvP will simply be boring.

Oh my god. Your post gave me a great idea. You could have co-op Dont Starve, and then a mode which allows up to 4 people to be in the same world, but you're all against each other. Imagine the chaos > :grin:

Heh, I had similar ideas. Could be tons of fun.

Yes, that's a great idea, i can imagine a character with low sanity watching a lot of walking meat, geting mad would be fun.

Indeed. You could all be strewn about randomly to start. Imagine the tenseness, having to pack up and move base to avoid being spotted by another player!

And doing some night exploration to try and find another players base while they're away >:D

I made an account to post on these forums after reading the announcement. I'm super excited, I always told my friends IRL that I wish I had a game exactly like Don't Starve that was multiplayer so that we could play together. Well... now I can think of one just like it!

I do have a couple questions though, and maybe there's no way to tell me yet, but do you guys know if you are having a dedicated server or a self-hosting kind of network? Internet can be choppy here sometimes, and games that you can rejoin while in progress are important.

I may have used incorrect terminology regarding the servers, I dunno, I'm dumb, but in Civ 5, even if one of the computers DCs, they can still join back up with no loss of time.

Archived