Okay, an opinion from someone who has been here since the beginning.

Seeing this announcement do you know what I feel?

I'm okay about it, in fact, I'm excited.

Why? Because I didn't have a strong feeling about it from the get go. I usually play single player games and I was glad that Don't Starve was single player.

But just so you know what this means with multi-player, it means I get to play with other die hard fans of the game and my friends of the forum! We can survive because we played the game, we know the game and we trust Klei to the ends of the Earth.

So I'll see you in multiplayer! As long as we get one thing clear...

I'M WICKERBOTTOM!!!

~MycoLogical

As long as they don't have anything that makes you feel left out playing singleplayer, I'm looking forward to it.

THIS. RIGHT. HERE. Honestly, if they add new items and craftables and what not to ONLY multiplayer, that would really kill this game for me. It was focused heavily on the single player experience in the first place, so multi shouldn't get any exclusive items or anything (unless it deals with interacting with your partner). I just hate when games have multi exclusive things :( I'm more of a singleplayer guy

So do you guys think there will be a short video on Klei's youtube channel regarding Multi-player?

I would be sad if they didn't, after the quality of the RoG release animation...

Shotgun Willow :D

Wow, I did not expect this. NEVER, in a million years, I would have seen this coming.

I'm still not sure how this will affect me- Like many, I'm more of a single player kind of guy-, but I can see myself joining in with 3 random strangers and attempt to survive together.

Overall, I think it's great. I don't think the quality of the single player will be decreased because of this.

Plus, it's FREE?!? Heck yeah, me wants.

I'm trying to figure out how the average multiplayer match will work out. A singleplayer match can literally take forever, so if you hop in a random match with 3 random strangers it's unlikely you will play longer than 2 hours together. Maybe it will be more like in Dayz, your character isn't dedicated to a specific world but can be moved from world to world having a random spawn somewhere on the map. Wait... will there even be counting days?

As long as they don't have anything that makes you feel left out playing singleplayer, I'm looking forward to it.

THIS. RIGHT. HERE. Honestly, if they add new items and craftables and what not to ONLY multiplayer, that would really kill this game for me. It was focused heavily on the single player experience in the first place, so multi shouldn't get any exclusive items or anything (unless it deals with interacting with your partner). I just hate when games have multi exclusive things :( I'm more of a singleplayer guy

If you prefer the single player game, multiplayer gameplay shouldn't affect or impact your experience. If anything, having multiplayer may even allow us to add or tune non-multiplayer content (if technically and logically possible) that may not have been possible before. 

Archived