"sound" Ideas

for the druid you could have a folk instrument? maybe a lute

hmm maybe, I'm looking for for examples and been looking around myself.

and the barbarian could have drums?

Can't have drums because we have drum sounds in another part of the mod, might not sound right.

hmm maybe, I'm looking for for examples and been looking around myself.

Can't have drums because we have drum sounds in another part of the mod, might not sound right.

Here you go, i love the sound and it fits with a character that loves nature!

Edited by julz1981
  • Like 2

Here you go, i love the sound and it fits with a character that loves nature!

A lute could work but,

The problems with getting sounds or art files for our mod is

1. must be free

2. must have permission

3. have someone make it for us

I will be honest, I have not put a lot of time into looking for sounds for the characters yet, I have been preoccupied with other aspects of the mod, but I will when we start to get the characters all into the mod, we have the art for a lot more of the characters, just waiting for some portraits and some other small art stuff. 

This is why I am asking for ideas/suggestions for sounds of the heroes now,

Barbarian -

Druid - possibly a lute

Paladin - 

Gnome Tinkerer -

Shadow Knight -

Thief -

Necromancer -

Wizard -

Bard - possibly a harp

Cleric - 

Monk -

Ranger -

Edited by kraken121

Twang, Twaaang, twu-twung.

Barbarian-Low Octave Piano/Wubz/Low Octave Accordion

Padalin-That Twangy Instrument You Hear In Oriential Movies

Gnome Tinkerer-Low-ish Octave Harpsichord

Shadow Knight-Wubz/Just An Extremely Low Frequency Sound (Like the kind Godzilla was full of)

Thief-Rainstick

Necromancer-Out Of Tune Guitar

Wizard-Pipe Organ

Cleric-Telephone

Monk-Choir

Ranger-That twangy instrument in documentaries

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy
  • Like 1

A lute could work but,

The problems with getting sounds or art files for our mod is

1. must be free

2. must have permission

3. have someone make it for us

I will be honest, I have not put a lot of time into looking for sounds for the characters yet, I have been preoccupied with other aspects of the mod, but I will when we start to get the characters all into the mod, we have the art for a lot more of the characters, just waiting for some portraits and some other small art stuff. 

This is why I am asking for ideas/suggestions for sounds of the heroes now,

Barbarian -

Druid - possibly a lute

Paladin - 

Gnome Tinkerer -

Shadow Knight -

Thief -

Necromancer -

Wizard -

Bard - possibly a harp

Cleric - 

Monk -

Ranger -

I'm happy you like my idea, and i hope you're able to get the sounds if you decide to go with the Lute (:

uhm so my bf actually wants to help with this and we can work with a high end bullshit expensive keyboard for some afternoons to try stuff out and make possible sounds for whatever is needed, are we going for strange dont starve like sounds because I tried some things out today that really fit into the game and i cant play the keyboard, like zero, but he can, so I dunno? 

Twang, Twaaang, twu-twung.
Barbarian-Low Octave Piano/Wubz/Low Octave Accordion
Padalin-That Twangy Instrument You Hear In Oriential Movies
Gnome Tinkerer-Low-ish Octave Harpsichord
Shadow Knight-Wubz/Just An Extremely Low Frequency Sound (Like the kind Godzilla was full of)
Thief-Rainstick
Necromancer-Out Of Tune Guitar
Wizard-Pipe Organ
Cleric-Telephone
Monk-Choir
Ranger-That twangy instrument in documentaries

just Telephones pls different for every chara, make wizard nokia

uhm so my bf actually wants to help with this and we can work with a high end bullshit expensive keyboard for some afternoons to try stuff out and make possible sounds for whatever is needed, are we going for strange dont starve like sounds because I tried some things out today that really fit into the game and i cant play the keyboard, like zero, but he can, so I dunno? 

just Telephones pls different for every chara, make wizard nokia

If your BF wants to help out with sounds, he is more than welcome :grin: I have been having to take time off of other areas to find free sounds, which is a pain haha 

As for a theme for all the character sounds, that's an idea, but I would also like to have them vastly different, it's something we can chew on for a bit. As for telephones, I'm not a fan for that theme, they already annoy me enough on a daily basis, hearing the rings and then people screaming into them, it's a pet peeve of mine :razz:

Edited by kraken121

If your BF wants to help out with sounds, he is more than welcome :grin: I have been having to take time off of other areas to find free sounds, which is a pain haha 

As for a theme for all the character sounds, that's an idea, but I would also like to have them vastly different, it's something we can chew on for a bit. As for telephones, I'm not a fan for that theme, they already annoy me enough on a daily basis, hearing the rings and then people screaming into them, it's a pet peeve of mine :razz:

this keyboard can sing, like monk choir, different is not the problem :D but speaking sounds and stuff are going to be like in the game right? "not really musical" i mean :D since we have no businessman in our assortment no need for screeming into telephone sounds but that would be a very cool custom speaking animation :D 

this keyboard can sing, like monk choir, different is not the problem :grin: but speaking sounds and stuff are going to be like in the game right? "not really musical" i mean :grin: since we have no businessman in our assortment no need for screeming into telephone sounds but that would be a very cool custom speaking animation :grin:

I would like to have a general theme for the character voices, guess thats something to think about.

I would like to have a general theme for the character voices, guess thats something to think about.

dunno what you mean with theme, we use one instrument or similar ones for one chara ofc or do you mean theme like a short melody? 

dunno what you mean with theme, we use one instrument or similar ones for one chara ofc or do you mean theme like a short melody? 

Well, the current theme for Don't Starve character sounds, is instruments. We could follow the same theme of using instrument or we could try to find another theme. Like animal sounds etc, or we could try to find a theme within the instrumental category as well, just shooting some ideas out there before we set anything in stone.

well whatever we produce isnt set in stone but its a good start to know which direction to go, i d prefer to go classy for most of the listed, although making druid speak of trees in leave cracking sounds and of animals with animal sounds etc would be super i d spare that for fine tuning phase :/

well whatever we produce isnt set in stone but its a good start to know which direction to go, i d prefer to go classy for most of the listed, although making druid speak of trees in leave cracking sounds and of animals with animal sounds etc would be super i d spare that for fine tuning phase :/

yeah, thats why i made this thread, to get ideas of the direction. 

Druid making bird "tweet tweet" sounds or leaves rustling in the wind would be neat.