Hey! It's my part of the deal! You do awesome mod, i report bugs! That's the point of alpha!

And we appreciate all the bug reports you give us ;) You have caught a lot of things that I have missed while testing :D

• Like 1

And we appreciate all the bug reports you give us ;) You have caught a lot of things that I have missed while testing :grin:

Yeah, at least i can find something before you :p , every suggest i made is already planned... :wilson_nerdy:

The game crash to desktop without any warning almost everytime i enter or leave a goblin cave.

When i reload the game i am where i wanted though, but it's anoying.

hmm I assume you get no error screen, I'll check if I can reproduce it, but could you grab and upload a log right after it crashes?

Should be in My Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt or something like that - not sure exact location on steam.

hmm I assume you get no error screen, I'll check if I can reproduce it, but could you grab and upload a log right after it crashes?

Should be in My Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt or something like that - not sure exact location on steam.

I have a log but it's HUGE and i don't think we can post that many lines on a post!

How do i send a .txt? i only see a way to post an image.

I have a log but it's HUGE and i don't think we can post that many lines on a post!

How do i send a .txt? i only see a way to post an image.

What I tend to do is hit 'more reply options' at the bottom right of the reply box here, then you get attach files at  the bottom, let that upload the file, then link to post button shows up.

I must be blind but i don't see that option, i hit ''more reply option'' but all i have is the toolbar at the top of the reply box, at the bottom i have the same as usual ''add reply'' ''preview post'' and ''cancel''

I must be blind but i don't see that option, i hit ''more reply option'' but all i have is the toolbar at the top of the reply box, at the bottom i have the same as usual ''add reply'' ''preview post'' and ''cancel''

The toolbar is at the top, look at the bottom near the "Add Reply" and the "preview post" buttons, slightly above that there is something labelled "

Attach Files

Max. single file size: 150MB

"

I really can't see this option at all!

We can't copy-paste a screenshot either?
It shows the image in my comment but i can't send the reply.

Why is it so hard to get decent options...

Edited by julz1981

If i had that option i would have seen it a long time ago lol...it's pretty hard not to notice it, but unfortunately i don't.

That is really weird...

In the toolbar at the top there is something called "My media" try uploading it through that. 

hum, is it possible that non moderators can't upload files on our side of forums?!

hmmm maybe @JoeW could answer that.

It's not possible for us to attach files in this sub forum.However he can use pastebin (or something else which has same purpose) to copy/paste from log.txt and upload a link with report here..

Edited by Senteliks

I really can't see this option at all!

We can't copy-paste a screenshot either?

It shows the image in my comment but i can't send the reply.

Why is it so hard to get decent options...

ok, Try the stuff in the red circle now ;)

Yeah I wish attacking log files would get em fixed (well... code causing them but anyways)

I'm quite not sure what to make out of the log however. The very last line before you crash, and popping all over the place being

CURL ERROR: couldn't connect to host at lbsMetricDS-2124895291.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com:443

Can it be the cause of the crash? I have no idea, according to Wade's post elsewhere however that is just a error logging/reporting feature thing so the error has already happened if it gets hit. Besides, it would've crashed on first fail to connect if it did, not just wait till the save game to do so... I would think anyway.

The line before that is saving cave code, and there is no error in between. There are a bunch of FMOD errors that make me think if one of your mods is using old sound references (or non existent ones), or FMOD starts acting up, since a full file search over hitd/base game/rog lua files made no hits on e.g. impact_object_dull. But that shouldn't cause a game crash either.

There is this

scripts/mainfunctions.lua(556,1) Can't find    108603 

but that's a warning... yet something that happens within save code, and I'd like to find out if it's caused by some ref in this mod or something totally different. Then again, being that objects with persists=false are not saved, it might be just reference to one of them, and a red herring.

Really puzzling.. you're clearly running memfix so you can't crash due to mem issues, besides, loading doesnt even start at the end of the log...

• Like 1

Yeah I wish attacking log files would get em fixed (well... code causing them but anyways)

I'm quite not sure what to make out of the log however. The very last line before you crash, and popping all over the place being

CURL ERROR: couldn't connect to host at lbsMetricDS-2124895291.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com:443

Can it be the cause of the crash? I have no idea, according to Wade's post elsewhere however that is just a error logging/reporting feature thing so the error has already happened if it gets hit. Besides, it would've crashed on first fail to connect if it did, not just wait till the save game to do so... I would think anyway.

The line before that is saving cave code, and there is no error in between. There are a bunch of FMOD errors that make me think if one of your mods is using old sound references (or non existent ones), or FMOD starts acting up, since a full file search over hitd/base game/rog lua files made no hits on e.g. impact_object_dull. But that shouldn't cause a game crash either.

There is this

scripts/mainfunctions.lua(556,1) Can't find    108603 

but that's a warning... yet something that happens within save code, and I'd like to find out if it's caused by some ref in this mod or something totally different. Then again, being that objects with persists=false are not saved, it might be just reference to one of them, and a red herring.

Really puzzling.. you're clearly running memfix so you can't crash due to mem issues, besides, loading doesnt even start at the end of the log...

I don't really understand all of this, and i think it's weird that the line of code as amazon.com in it lol

I can try starting a new game with only HitD and U&A active and see if the game does the same thing when i find a goblin's cave!

Edit: I tried and it did the same thing with only those two mods enabled...

here is the logfile

log.txt

Edited by julz1981

I don't really understand all of this, and i think it's weird that the line of code as amazon.com in it lol

I can try starting a new game with only HitD and U&A active and see if the game does the same thing when i find a goblin's cave!

here is the logfile

Probably not relevant, but which character you're playing with?

EDIT nevermind, I can consistently reproduce it by trying to change from one level to another 2 times in a row without save/load in between.

Edited by DeathDisciple

here is the logfile

I can't replicate it. Could you try with just HitD enabled?

Since it's a bad idea to disable U&A and play a save previously using it, it'd be much better to create a new save specifically for the test. If you have Mod Testing Toolbox, you can teleport to a dungeon entrance by typing the following in the console

GoTo "fa_dungeon_entrance"

Probably not relevant, but which character you're playing with?

EDIT nevermind, I can consistently reproduce it by trying to change from one level to another 2 times in a row without save/load in between.

You can reproduce it? does it means you have a small idea of what the problem is?

I can't replicate it. Could you try with just HitD enabled?

Since it's a bad idea to disable U&A and play a save previously using it, it'd be much better to create a new save specifically for the test. If you have Mod Testing Toolbox, you can teleport to a dungeon entrance by typing the following in the console

GoTo "fa_dungeon_entrance"

I don't have the mod testing toolbox but i will try.

edit: I just realised that my last save and log was with HitD only. I was sure that U&A was activated but it seems it wasn't lol.

Edited by julz1981