hmm maybe it's more than hambat then, there seem to be a tad too much for that.. guess I'll remove the spawn trigger from hambats for now and see if I can get any extras to spawn. It's modded to do so, it's not the default behavior - was supposed to make it a little bit more annoying to just 'avoid' the dug graves - but certainly not spawn 50 mobs out of it lol

Crash:

scripts/mods.lua(17,1) error calling PrefabPostInit: spider in mod HeroInTheDark (Hero in the Dark): ../mods/HeroInTheDark/modmain.lua:1940: attempt to index field 'equippable' (a nil value)LUA ERROR stack traceback:        ../mods/HeroInTheDark/modmain.lua(1940,1)
I guess spiders are not fashionable :/. I think you meant to index the sanityaura component of the spider prefab instead of equippable (if DLC) or dapperness (otherwise).

EDIT:

Another one:

scripts/entityscript.lua:18: module 'stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn' not found:	no file '../mods/UpAndAway_git/scripts/stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua' (checked with custom loader)	no file '../mods/HeroInTheDark/scripts/stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua' (checked with custom loader)	no file '../mods/ManualWorkshopUpdate/scripts/stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua' (checked with custom loader)	no file '../mods/MemSpikeFix/scripts/stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua' (checked with custom loader)	no file '../mods/ModTestingToolbox/scripts/stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua' (checked with custom loader)	no file '../mods/BetterCrashes/scripts/stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua' (checked with custom loader)	no file '../mods/NoMoreWallFing/scripts/stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua' (checked with custom loader)	no file '../mods/CompromisingSurvival/scripts/stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua' (checked with custom loader)	no file '../mods/ActionQueue/scripts/stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua' (checked with custom loader)	no file '../mods/Better-Console/scripts/stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua' (checked with custom loader)	no file 'scripts/stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua' (checked with custom loader)	no file 'scriptlibs/stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua' (checked with custom loader)	no file 'scripts/stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua' (checked with custom loader)	no field package.preload['stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn']	no file '..\mods\UpAndAway_git\scripts\stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua'	no file '..\mods\HeroInTheDark\scripts\stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua'	no file '..\mods\ManualWorkshopUpdate\scripts\stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua'	no file '..\mods\MemSpikeFix\scripts\stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua'	no file '..\mods\ModTestingToolbox\scripts\stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua'	no file '..\mods\BetterCrashes\scripts\stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua'	no file '..\mods\NoMoreWallFing\scripts\stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua'	no file '..\mods\CompromisingSurvival\scripts\stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua'	no file '..\mods\ActionQueue\scripts\stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua'	no file '..\mods\Better-Console\scripts\stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua'	no file 'scripts\stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua'	no file 'scriptlibs\stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua'	no file 'scripts/stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn.lua'	no file 'code.stategraphs/SGskeletonspawn'LUA ERROR stack traceback:        =[C] in function 'require'        scripts/entityscript.lua(18,1) in function 'LoadStateGraph'        scripts/entityscript.lua(566,1) in function 'SetStateGraph'        ../mods/HeroInTheDark/scripts/prefabs/skeletonspawn.lua(166,1) in function 'fn'        ../mods/HeroInTheDark/scripts/prefabs/skeletonspawn.lua(175,1)        =(tail call) ?        =(tail call) ?        scripts/mainfunctions.lua(126,1)        =[C] in function 'SpawnPrefab'        scripts/mainfunctions.lua(160,1) in function 'SpawnPrefab'        ../mods/UpAndAway_git/wicker/plugins/addprefabpostinitany.lua(29,1)        =(tail call) ?        scripts/components/spawner.lua(186,1) in function 'ReleaseChild'        scripts/components/spawner.lua(16,1) in function 'fn'        scripts/scheduler.lua(170,1) in function 'OnTick'        scripts/scheduler.lua(381,1) in function 'RunScheduler'        scripts/update.lua(87,1)        =(tail call) ?        =[C] in function 'xpcall'        ../mods/BetterCrashes/modmain.lua(165,1)
This one happens because under Linux (and Mac) the filesystem is case sensitive, so since the stategraph file is named SGSkeletonSpawn.lua it is not found. Edited by simplex
  • Like 1

ok first things first, the spider thing is a typo that I cannot fathom why it didnt crash on me... as it should've crashed on every single game ever. It should say

AddPrefabPostInit("spiderhat",nonEvilSanityPostinit)

And ugh case sensitivity... good catch.

Edited by DeathDisciple

And about the skeleton swarming:

hlAkM6r.png

When you reload the save, the old skeletonspawn child entity is "forgotten", and a new one is set up to spawn. By setting the spawn delay to 0.1, digging up a grave, saving the game, reloading the save, saving the game, reloading... and so on, I reproduced the scenario in the screenshot above (there's only one dug up mound in the whole map, and all of the skeletons you see spawned from it).

It took me quite some time to figure out why it was happening, and I have a feeling you'll be just as pissed as me (if not more; yeah, probably more). Look at prefabs/gravestone.lua. It handles the savedata of its mound. Now look at this line:

data.mounddata = inst.mound:GetSaveRecord()
Notice anything off? It's simply ignoring the second return value of GetSaveRecord: the entity reference array. So you're losing the child references from the mound's spawner component. And even if that were not the case, gravestone initialises the mound within its OnLoad method, calling EntityScript.SetPersistData on it. As a side effect, the LoadPostPass method of the spawner component never runs, only the OnLoad method. Edited by simplex
  • Like 1

It took me quite some time to figure out why it was happening, and I have a feeling you'll be just as pissed as me (if not more; yeah, probably more). Look at prefabs/gravestone.lua. It handles the savedata of its mound. Now look at this line:

data.mounddata = inst.mound:GetSaveRecord()
Notice anything off? It's simply ignoring the second return value of GetSaveRecord: the entity reference array. So you're losing the child references from the mound's spawner component. And even if that were not the case, gravestone initialises the mound within its OnLoad method, calling EntityScript.SetPersistData on it. As a side effect, the LoadPostPass method of the spawner component never runs, only the OnLoad method.

Thanks, I was staring at my code and mound code and did not figure I was looking in the wrong place all along. 

Ugh... what a bloody mess.

.....Arh, so the less i quit and load, the less there will be skeleton...okay

Yeah, and it only happens with the gravestones and not the normal mounds... I think I'll just detach the mounds somehow, the hell are they set as child entity in the first place. Neither should the prefab code nor my mod code be so tightly coupled with save/load logic, it just screams compatibility problems in the future.

Yeah, and it only happens with the gravestones and not the normal mounds... I think I'll just detach the mounds somehow, the hell are they set as child entity in the first place. Neither should the prefab code nor my mod code be so tightly coupled with save/load logic, it just screams compatibility problems in the future.

I think the reason why they made mounds be child entities of their graves is so that at worldgen, they only have to specify the spawn of gravestones, and the mounds that come with them appear automatically. But still, it would've been sufficient to save a reference to the spawned mound, instead of taking care of all its savedata...

You could either replace gravestones with bare mounds at worldgen or patch the gravestone saving (you shouldn't need to override it).

btw, i does that every 3 mins when i play...i cannot pass one day...wonder what does that mean...Hope you will find it!

i'm in the process of uploading the file for almost 30 minutes now, these forums are horrible when it comes to upload and download speeds...

We need to split the 'official' releases and 'test' releases. It's still alpha so bugs are expected - not that it removes my responsibility for making critical ones like that. But we will have to take alpha flag off and put the thing on steam eventually - and for that the release process will need to be smoother.

Either way, thanks for sticking up with us.

• Like 1

Wait don't tell me that for such small issue like above which require small amount of time to fix .. ( i did it myself before i had seen there is going to be bug fix) you need to upload whole mod all over again and you can't just upload file that is causing problems ?

Edited by Senteliks

Nope you can't upload just a patch, you can't even change a description without reuploading the whole mod

You're not forced to reupload a mod when updating the description. The upload form defaults to the old file, and deleting it and reuploading it is optional.

But the actual situation is not that much better. In the old forums, updating a description wouldn't make it a "new version" of the mod, unlike now. And the list of recent mods was sorted by latest upload date, instead of original upload date. The new forums are better for searching mods, but overall I think the old system was much better.

We need to split the 'official' releases and 'test' releases. It's still alpha so bugs are expected - not that it removes my responsibility for making critical ones like that. But we will have to take alpha flag off and put the thing on steam eventually - and for that the release process will need to be smoother.

Either way, thanks for sticking up with us.

Hey! It's my part of the deal! You do awesome mod, i report bugs! That's the point of alpha!

• Like 2