You Are Being Hunted!

I've been working on this mod for a while. I call it...

post-286034-0-49398100-1399177325_thumb.

Or "Hunted" for short.

This mod does require Reign of Giants.

So, what does this mod add?

This mod adds 4 new boss monsters to your world. They sleep in their generated structures until you either get close to the structure or do a certain action. All of the bosses or "Hunters" are stronger and have different abilities to the giants in the DLC.

However, they will not attack on sight; but they will stalk you until you're weak. Inside the areas they spawn in, you'll find an item to keep them away. These items can be used once a day.

All Hunters also have custom sounds! Yay!

Ladies, Gentlemen, and others - step right up and die!

Hunters:

Watcher:

Behold, the wondrous, the impossible, the psychotic, the admittedly rusty time-traveling machine...  The Watcher! A mechanical monster made to defend and heal.

Nacht:

A once proud race consumed by the fuel, some erased from existence, others made into puppets. That, my dear audience, is what the Nacht is!

Vilgoat:

A band of fishermen sat at their fire, telling ghost stories. Little did they know, a true monster was behind them: the monster of the lake... The Vilgoat!

Necromancer:

A bitter old scientist, all that's known of the Necromancer is his collection of dead deerclops and his skill at bringing inanimate objects to life!

What's left before release:

Complete the Necromancer's minions and spawn area

Finish Nacht

Watcher custom animations

Watcher's spawn area

Make all the loot and craftables

Tweak some stuff.

The fourth hunter was going to be a giant guinea pig/ rat monster, but I thought a giant fluffy animal-based giant that charges at you would be too similar to the Bearger. I will be making a humanoid creature instead: A necromancer. It will not make the picture differ to the mod, as he will still be very tall, have small eyes, and a creepy smile. He will also bring trees and skeletons to life.

Beware: He is very smug, insane, and will taunt you.

Love it!

WARNING POTENTIAL SPOILER DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED

watch out for that normal tree though

Ha.

Yeah, Trent has seen what that "Slightly Abnormal Tree" is capable of. And it ain't perdy.

I've started the Necromancer and he is coming along real swell. Since I'm actually getting used to spriter I will be making completely custom animations for the fella!

I used Maxwell's build as a little template just to see how I wanted it to look. This is what it will kind of look like, but the final thing will look much more decayed and grumpy and much less like Maxwell. I am updating the main page to have his stats. However I will not be including a picture of him just yet.

post-286034-0-31115700-1399302170_thumb.

Amazing Idea

Please continue with modding

I am, and not planning on stopping. Modding takes time and effort. Still working on the necromancer's textures, and have been for the past few days.

I am, and not planning on stopping. Modding takes time and effort. Still working on the necromancer's textures, and have been for the past few days.

Cool, continue with the good work it should make the game much better(scarier)

Archived