Twenty new recipes to discover for your crock pot.

Thirteen for Don't Starve, and an additional seven if the Reign of Giants DLC is installed and enabled.

Thanks to squeek for this fix

Preview_zps6a1ffbc2.jpg

Please let me know what you think of it. (or if you find any bugs)

Also available on steam  

A complete list of minimum requirements for all twenty recipes is below,

Due to recipe priorities you may get something different depending on the extra ingredients added

I tried to make sure each of these was cookable, without interfering with the results if you were attempting a vanilla recipe

Recipes as of v 2.00

VEGETABLE DISHES

Banana Bread : Cave Banana + Egg + Veggie ; exclude Meat, Twigs

Candied Fruit : (Berries x3 or (other Fruit x1 + Berries x1)) + Sweetener ; Limit 2 Sweetener ; exclude Meat, Veggies, Dairy, Egg [sWEET]
Mushroom Medley : Red Cap + Green Cap + Blue Cap ; exclude Fruit, Meat
Mushroom Malody : Total of 3 or more Mushroom or Lichen

Mushroom Stew : (Mushroom or Lichen) + Dairy ; exclude Meat, Fruit

Sticky Bun : Sweetener + Veggie + Twig ; Limit 1 Twig ; exclude Meat [sWEET]

RoG Only

Birchnut Butter : Cooked Birchnut + Fat + Sweetener ; exclude Meat, Veggie
Candied Nuts : Cooked Birchnut + Sweetener ; Limit 2 Sweetener ; exclude Meat, Veggies, Dairy, Egg [sWEET]

Mushmelon : Sweetener + Green Cap + Watermelon ; exclude Meat [sWEET]

Nutty Cheese Log : Electric Milk + Cooked Birchnut ; exclude Meat

Cactus Cake : Cactus + Sweetener + Egg ; exclude Meat, Lichen, Mushrooms, Twigs

Oleo : Corn + Milk x2 ; exclude Meat, Egg, Lichen, Mushrooms

Molasses :  Mole + Fruit + Twigs ; Limit No additional Meat ; Limit 1 Twig ; exclude Egg, Dairy, Lichen, Mushrooms [sWEET]

Butternut Squash Soup : Cooked Birchnut + Pumpkin + Fat ; exclude Egg, Meat, Fruit, Twigs

MEAT DISHES

Beefalo Wings : Batlisk Wings* x2 + Veggie ; exclude Twigs [HOT]

Mushroom Burger : Mushroom x2 + Meat Mote ; exclude Fruit, Twigs

Mushy Eggs : Egg ; exclude Meat, Twigs

Omelette : Egg + Veggie + Dairy ; exclude Fruit, Twigs

Spicy Gumbo : (Fish or Froglegs) + (Mushroom or Lichen) + Veggie ; exclude Fruit, Twigs [HOT]

Surf and Turf : Fish + (Meat x1 or Meat Mote x2) + Veggie

Sweet and Sour Pork : (Meat x1 or Meat Mote x2) + Durian + Sweetener ; exclude Twigs [sWEET]

RoG Only

Chowder : (Fish or Froglegs) + Veggies + Dairy ; exclude Fruit, Twigs

Sausage and Gravy : Meat Mote + Dairy ; exclude Fruit, Sweetener, Twigs, Fish, Froglegs

Coldcuts : (Meat x1 or Meat Mote x2) + Ice ; exclude Fruit, Twigs [COLD]

Cactus_Soup : Cactus x2 + Meat ; exclude Fruit, Eggs, Sweetener, Twigs

Nopalito con Huevo : Corn + Cactus + Egg ; exclude Meat, Fruit, Twigs

* Batlisk wings are made cookable by this mod, they count as 1/2 a monster meat

Dairy is butter or milk ; Fish is fish or eel ; Sweetener is honey or honeycomb ; Fat is butter or Oleo

With the exception of the Cooked Birchnut, all Ingredients can be either cooked or raw

[HOT],[COLD],[sWEET] are ignored if RoG DLC is not installed or disabled

If you encounter any problems, crashes, bugs, typos, or errors, please let me know.

Thanks.

Available for Download (and kept more up to date) - here (also attached below)

waiter(v2_0).zip

Could we have a list of the foods and their stats+recipes please?

The "mystery" is cute and all, but most people looking for mods would like some idea of what they're downloading.

Some idea? TWENTY NEW RECIPES!

The recipes are hopefully balanced as to resource/benefit

But if you must know --

A complete list of minimum requirements for all twenty recipes is below,

Due to recipe priorities you may get something different depending on the extra ingredients added

I tried to make sure each of these was cookable, without interfering with the results if you were attempting a vanilla recipe

Recipes added to original post above

I'm really enjoying this mod, thank you very much for making it!

I've always enjoyed cooking in video games, I first got into it when playing Legaia 2: Duel Saga and Dragon Quest VIII (though in DQVIII it was alchemy for items, but still very similar to L2:DS and DS)

The more recipes the better! 

One last thing, there's another mod that adds Beefalo milk, would it be possible to add support for that to be used as the "dairy" part of your recipes? I have very limited Volt Goats, so I don't really want to kill them for electric milk and getting butter from butterflies is a pain in the ass! >_< 

Thanks in advance!

I'm really enjoying this mod, thank you very much for making it!

I've always enjoyed cooking in video games, I first got into it when playing Legaia 2: Duel Saga and Dragon Quest VIII (though in DQVIII it was alchemy for items, but still very similar to L2:DS and DS)

The more recipes the better! 

One last thing, there's another mod that adds Beefalo milk, would it be possible to add support for that to be used as the "dairy" part of your recipes? I have very limited Volt Goats, so I don't really want to kill them for electric milk and getting butter from butterflies is a pain in the ass! >_< 

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for enjoying it!

I may add more recipes as time goes on (particularly if Klei adds more ingredients), so if you subscribe through steam you may get occasional updates and new recipes..

As far as Beefalo milk, I'm looking into it -

recipies are handled by food 'tags' sich as meat, veggie, fish, fruit, egg.

Any food item can have multiple tags.

The mod designer for the Beefalo Milk chose to tag the harvested milk as 'rawmilk' and the cooked version as 'dairy'

which is confusing since both should be dairy.

Since Klei tags both milk and butter as dairy, any recipe that uses dairy can use both (as well as 'cooked milk')

So cooked milk can be used in many recipes but not the 'raw' milk since it lacks the dairy tag

If it were up to me I would change their tags instead, but I think I can make this work.

I have one or more recipes that I felt needed milk only (not butter) so I didn't/can't use the dairy tag, but I could shift code a bit and use use the 'rawmilk' tag. Which means one recipe would use the raw milk (or goatmilk) while most would use dairy or cooked milk.

I might be able to make it work with both - Ill take a look.

If I do I will update it on steam.

Thank you for enjoying it!

I may add more recipes as time goes on (particularly if Klei adds more ingredients), so if you subscribe through steam you may get occasional updates and new recipes..

As far as Beefalo milk, I'm looking into it -

recipies are handled by food 'tags' sich as meat, veggie, fish, fruit, egg.

Any food item can have multiple tags.

The mod designer for the Beefalo Milk chose to tag the harvested milk as 'rawmilk' and the cooked version as 'dairy'

which is confusing since both should be dairy.

Since Klei tags both milk and butter as dairy, any recipe that uses dairy can use both (as well as 'cooked milk')

So cooked milk can be used in many recipes but not the 'raw' milk since it lacks the dairy tag

If it were up to me I would change their tags instead, but I think I can make this work.

I have one or more recipes that I felt needed milk only (not butter) so I didn't/can't use the dairy tag, but I could shift code a bit and use use the 'rawmilk' tag. Which means one recipe would use the raw milk (or goatmilk) while most would use dairy or cooked milk.

I might be able to make it work with both - Ill take a look.

If I do I will update it on steam.

That's actually perfect, I didn't even think to try using the cooked milk from the Beefalo milk mod with your mod, I'm more than fine with not being able to use the raw milk in recipes, having the extra step of cooking it first is just fine with me. :D

Also, yes, I'm subscribed via Steam, I look forward to any updates you might add. 

Thanks again for this great mod!

Hey, this mod is great, I love the cooking aspect of DS! Thanks for your efforts!

There are a couple things I found while using your mod:

- I can't make candied acorn; I tried several ratios of cooked acorns + honey, but I can only get taffy or wet goop. I don't know if it has something to do with priorities, or that the recipe just isn't in the system.

- A recipe that uses 4 eggs sounds more like "Scrambled Eggs", not "Mushy Eggs"--but that's just my opinion.

- The artwork for Mushy Eggs and Fluffy Omelette are REALLY similar-looking. Could possibly cause confusion in the future (it didn't for me).

- Your dishes don't always capitalize the first letter of the second word. For aesthetics' sake, maybe you could capitalize them so that they look more in tune with the vanilla recipes.

- For the Seafood Chowder recipe, using more than one fish will result in a Surf and Turf Platter.

Other than that, I LOVE this mod. Thanks again! Can't wait for those future updates!

Hey, this mod is great, I love the cooking aspect of DS! Thanks for your efforts!

There are a couple things I found while using your mod:

- I can't make candied acorn; I tried several ratios of cooked acorns + honey, but I can only get taffy or wet goop. I don't know if it has something to do with priorities, or that the recipe just isn't in the system.

- A recipe that uses 4 eggs sounds more like "Scrambled Eggs", not "Mushy Eggs"--but that's just my opinion.

- The artwork for Mushy Eggs and Fluffy Omelette are REALLY similar-looking. Could possibly cause confusion in the future (it didn't for me).

- Your dishes don't always capitalize the first letter of the second word. For aesthetics' sake, maybe you could capitalize them so that they look more in tune with the vanilla recipes.

- For the Seafood Chowder recipe, using more than one fish will result in a Surf and Turf Platter.

Other than that, I LOVE this mod. Thanks again! Can't wait for those future updates!

candied acorn; -

Yep looks like I screwed that one up and made it require fruit

for now just add berries and it should work, but I will be fixing that

Mushy eggs was a catch all for any recipe that had at least 1 egg in it since it is possible for the player to use all manner of things as filler I tried to keep it vague.

Art Mushy vs Omelette -

yeah I kind-of phoned that in. Mushy Egg was added after discovering that 4 eggs would result in wet goop in the base game. So I quickly edited the Omelette art. I may go back and change that one day, probably whenever i add a new  recipe since I will have to edit the art at that point anyway.

Capitalization -

Ha! I never noticed. I'll fix that in the next update.

Surf and Turf -

yep - it counts the first fish as the 'fish' portion and the second as the 'meat' portion since fish are considered meat. The next update will fix that as well preventing surf and turf from generating if you have 2 or more fish in the crock pot.

Thanks for the feedback! :kiwi:

I have an obsession with crock pot recipe mods, I am so so happy that you exist and you made this mod! You are a wonderful person, going in game to test out all the recipes now!!

Glad you enjoyed it -

If you arent subscribed to it on steam, make you you check back here periodically for updates.

(current version is 1.18)

I love this mod(so much good new recipes :3 ) but i'm disapointed...The birchnut butter give less health and food than his components...

Nut Butter should restore 40 health, 50 calories (hunger), and 10 sanity,

The simplest recipie is honey, roasted birchnut, butter, and a stick

Honey restores 3 health, 9 calories (hunger), and 0 sanity,

Birchnut restores 1 health, 9 calories (hunger), and 0 sanity,

Butter restores 40 health, 25 calories (hunger), and 0 sanity,

TOTAL 44 health, 44 calories (hunger), and 0 sanity.

So compared to the ingredients seperately:

You lose out on 4 health, but gain 6 calories and 10 sanity.

Loss of 4 to gain 16 (1:4 ratio)

This is on par with Waffles vs the ingredients to make them

Ingredients: Butter, Egg, Berries, and a stick

TOTAL 40 health, 44 calories (hunger), and 0 sanity

Waffles: 60 health, 38 calories (hunger), and 5 sanity

you lose 6 calories but gain +20 health and +5 sanity

Loss of 6 to gain 25 (~1:4 ratio)

Of course if you use a something other than a stick as the 4th ingredient, then you probably would be better eating them seperately.

I may tweak nut butter up a little in a future patch, mainly because butter is so rare.

But if so, it wont be by much.

hope that new content will be added! So much recipes! It´s...speshful.

I am working on it, I finally got a solution to a graphical problem that was causing me no end of headaches.

(Its amazing the things you forget to do when you take a break from modding for a while)

Currently testing some of the recipes-

should have something by the end of the month (if not sooner)

Archived