Anyone know of a mod that changes the settings?

I don't think you can do that.

Oh, but you can. Map settings are stored as a list of overrides in the savefile, which are applied whenever the save is loaded. Changing the list of overrides would make the settings change starting from the next time the save is loaded.

This doesn't work (or even make sense) for all settings, though. You certainly can't change carrots to "lots" on a world that already exists :razz:.

But no, I don't know of any mod doing that.

Oh, but you can. Map settings are stored as a list of overrides in the savefile, which are applied whenever the save is loaded. Changing the list of overrides would make the settings change starting from the next time the save is loaded.

This doesn't work (or even make sense) for all settings, though. You certainly can't change carrots to "lots" on a world that already exists :razz:.

But no, I don't know of any mod doing that.

Oh, that's cool! Now that you mention, I think there was something someone made to tweak the seasons and where you spawned.

On an overall though, this wouldn't be practical since you can't change every setting, especially the world gen ones. Would be better off creating a new world.

On an overall though, this wouldn't be practical since you can't change every setting, especially the world gen ones. Would be better off creating a new world.

Well, I was especifically referring to worldgen settings (is there another kind?). While you can't change things like frequency of carrots, berry bushes, rocks, beefalo, etc., many others can be changed, such as frequency of hound waves, frequency of giants, beefalo heat, frequency of treeguards, amount of rain, season duration, etc. Essentially, all settings which do not refer to something plopped into the map at worldgen may be changed.

Archived