Mod Request: Thulecite Fount.

So, I'd like to request a Mod of anyone that is intrested in the Idea. Simply put, a renewable sorce of Thuelcite called the "Thulecite Fount" or such. The concept is simple. These are inactive Fountains scattered around the Ruins. When the level is Spawned, they are Empty. However, if a Earthquake (natural or induced) happens to occure DURIING the "Nightmare" phase of a Nightmare cycle. When this occurs, any Thulecite Founts within view begin to exstrude Molten Thulecite into their basin, like a Fountain. This Molten Thulecite acts as a Safe Light sorce, and cools at "Dawn", Once Cool, the Fount can be Mined for 6-10 Thulecite Fragments, at which point it is emptyed and needs to be filled again.

Well this is complicated to mod.

Not terribly, actually. All you'd have to do is run a function when the earthquake has started during the nightmare phase, and then have another function run at dawn (whatever the op meant by dawn) which makes the object workable, sets the loot, and changes the animation. It requires only the prefab itself, and then you'd have to insert the prefab into the cave worldgen.

Not terribly, actually. All you'd have to do is run a function when the earthquake has started during the nightmare phase, and then have another function run at dawn (whatever the op meant by dawn) which makes the object workable, sets the loot, and changes the animation. It requires only the prefab itself, and then you'd have to insert the prefab into the cave worldgen.

"Dawn" in thise Case, is the Phase of the Nightmare Cycle that right after the Nightmare Phase it self, where things start to calm down, but are still glowy.

The prefab is the thulecite fount itself; all it needs now is art. :razz:

Woops, Ya lol. bad wording on my part, sorry.

Anyway, playing around with it, I can't find any Bugs, although I see two things that might be a problem Balance wise. As far as I can tell, all Founts are active after a Earthquake, not just the visable ones (depending on how rare they are, that could add up to alot). I might be wrong on that though, It was a bit hard to tell. And the Founts give Blocks themselves instead of Fragments. Whiether that could be a Balance issue I guess really depends on the person playing though.

Woops, Ya lol. bad wording on my part, sorry.

Anyway, playing around with it, I can't find any Bugs, although I see two things that might be a problem Balance wise. As far as I can tell, all Founts are active after a Earthquake, not just the visable ones (depending on how rare they are, that could add up to alot). I might be wrong on that though, It was a bit hard to tell. And the Founts give Blocks themselves instead of Fragments. Whiether that could be a Balance issue I guess really depends on the person playing though.

There's only around 5 or 6 per cave. You can easily change the the loot within the file itself. There's a list of drops (in this case, 5 thulecite) and you can just change the name of each loot item to the fragments.

There's only around 5 or 6 per cave. You can easily change the the loot within the file itself. There's a list of drops (in this case, 5 thulecite) and you can just change the name of each loot item to the fragments.

Ah, Ok, that MIGHT be a Bug then, I found around 15-20 when looking around a Mid map. It Might have been because I used a Spawned Ruins Entrance though ( know things can get funky with that), and not a Natual one, not nessisarly the Mod itself. I'll have to look onto that.

Ah, Ok, that MIGHT be a Bug then, I found around 15-20 when looking around a Mid map. It Might have been because I used a Spawned Ruins Entrance though ( know things can get funky with that), and not a Natual one, not nessisarly the Mod itself. I'll have to look onto that.

Well, it depends on the cave. I only tested it with a couple. Anyways, you can lower the spawn rate as well, just lower the number next to its name in the modworldgen file.

I agree, fragments would be better. Maybe a higher random like 3 - 10 or 12. I haven't tested it yet, but if not, they should also require more actions (maybe 20?) then boulders to force the player to stay in one spot to mine them.

I might take a stab at something this weekend for the fountain if you wouldn't mind?

As an aside @debugman18, I wonder if it would be better to distribute the fountains over terrain tiles in the ruins rather than creating new rooms for them? Just a thought and then they could be randomly found anywhere. (Although skipping the monkey area is fine, I hate those monkeys <_<)

Good idea and good mod.

I agree, fragments would be better. Maybe a higher random like 3 - 10 or 12. I haven't tested it yet, but if not, they should also require more actions (maybe 20?) then boulders to force the player to stay in one spot to mine them.

I might take a stab at something this weekend for the fountain if you wouldn't mind?

As an aside @debugman18, I wonder if it would be better to distribute the fountains over terrain tiles in the ruins rather than creating new rooms for them? Just a thought and then they could be randomly found anywhere. (Although skipping the monkey area is fine, I hate those monkeys <_<)

Good idea and good mod.

Adding them through prefab distribution would be better, but I admit I threw this together pretty hastily. That's why the workable amount and loot are both far from ideal. Feel free to modify it, I don't plan on doing anything with it. :p

Adding them through prefab distribution would be better, but I admit I threw this together pretty hastily. That's why the workable amount and loot are both far from ideal. Feel free to modify it, I don't plan on doing anything with it. :razz:

Cool, thanks, and no worries. It is quite clean for something you "threw together".

Cool, thanks, and no worries. It is quite clean for something you "threw together".

I meant "threw together" as in "get it to work". :p I tried to make it quite clean, so that other modders (for instance, the ones who thought it would be difficult) could see how something like this could be done.

Archived