Defeated my First Giant Today...

My first "giant" was a Goose, killed it with a pan flute and gunpowder the moment it appeared, it didn't even make a nest or anything (if it was supposed to do so).

Didn't get enough mats to make any of its items, GG. Are we supposed to play 200+ days to even be able to craft anything from the boses... ?

Underwhelming.

My first "giant" was a Goose, killed it with a pan flute and gunpowder the moment it appeared, it didn't even make a nest or anything (if it was supposed to do so).

Didn't get enough mats to make any of its items, GG. Are we supposed to play 200+ days to even be able to craft anything from the boses... ?

Underwhelming.

If you had let it nest, you would have been able to gather the materials necessary to craft something.

Today is a great day i have killed my first giant (in reign of giants i'm not counting deerclops because he has changed due to reign of giants). Bearger. Only 3 more to go. I killed him in a two day long battle that ended in a close fight but a victory on my part (I am playing as Webber and it is day 50 started in spring cause i'm a bad ass like that).

He confronted me while i was exploring the southern part of the map i happened to have a full log suit a tentacle spike, one boomerang, and a fire staff at 35% (i had found it in a set piece the one that is like an old beefalo pin i harmed the chest to get it out safely). I hit him a few times with my tentacle spike but i knew this wouldn't work for i only brought one on me and it was at 80%. It just so happened that to get to the southern part of the map you have to pass through a tentacle set piece the spiral one with many tentacles. I lured him into it and mad sure he got attacked by a few of the tentacles. I then started hitting him with my fire staff but i was careful i didn't want his thick luxurious fur to burn.

Night came and he was still chasing me i barely had time to make a torch. I used the last bit of my fire staff to distract him while i made some more. He got distracted and unagroed me. So I made a fire and waited till morning. In the morning i hit him a few times with the boomerang then made a run for the swamp far north. I made it north just before dusk and lured him into a few tentacles before he finally died.

When he died about 2 dozen bees came out of his stomach and killed the tentacles near his stuff making it easy to get.

Finale stats: Hunger doesn't matter, Sanity 66, Health 12 my armor down to 66%

Tell me some of your interesting stories of battles with the giants and give me some tips to fighting the other giants and tell me what i should do with my thick luxurious fur.

Great battle. =D

You have the spirit of the warrior.

I'm going to face the Dragonfly next in close combat, I might chicken out though and use the 14 gunpowder method if I get battered too much.

I went through Autumn and Winter with no giants, then that spring Goose attacked, no egg though, no moslings. I was playing Webber and had a large following of spiders, who thoroughly picked through the remains and ate all the meat. The following summer, Dragonfly attacked. Long story short, mass plain blowdarts plus road speed boost>Dragonfly. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF THE FOREST BURNED DOWN, OR THE PIGS GOT SLAUGHTERED IN THE CHAOS!

A few days later I died in the Ruins.

Those pigs had it coming though. Good. Riddance.

What can I say to the OP but

Seriously grats!

I only recently started playing RoG so no epic story to tell on the new Giants yet. But I still remember a special OG (Original Giant) story:

it was the Adventure Mode that Unlocked my Maxwell. My first world (after many many horrendous  previous failures) was "The Game is Afoot." it was the last day of Winter before the snow change. I decided to stock up on more rocks and gold, but ran out of my other rock source, so I was going to risk running through the Tallbird Maze as well as getting Thing #3. As i was running up to the bridge, I heard that telltale roar. I navigated through the tallbird swarm and waited with a fire pit now planted.

Sure enough, the stupid Deary spawned *right* next to the Tallbirds. I wasn't sure whom to root for, so I let them pummel Deary, and I finished off the weaklings! Man...all that meat, just in time for the last winter Day! There were plenty of Meaty Stews (I didn't need to worry about jerky by then) while I prepped to leave for world #2 (which ended up being King of Winter, so glad I prepped, leaving with the with my Tam; walking cane; gold; and food!) 

Archived