So, we know very little about WX78, as you all don't know/know, however you phrase that. We really have no idea what a robot is doing around a bunch of "normal"(in the sense that they are just human, Webber is a person+a spider but he is still a person) people. Now we know for certain that he hates everything except for bees, that he finds comforting and likable. That seems to be the only hint to his background, besides myabe the fact that he knows what theulecite is. Now getting around to the title, how much emotion and such does he feel? And what of his backstory? Feel free to discuss any WX78-related things and get very fired up. Because that is much better than being killed because you got shot into the ground.

Empathy is just one emotion, so its quite possible that they can feel any range of emotion, just not empathy (even though they empathize with other robots, I don't think they're being entirely true with the whole empathy thing, or that its actually like a program- just a faulty one, that doesnt respond sometime. Hence the quote)  and I think WX is a very jaded person against humans for some reason. So that hints at a background with humans in it, if they were actually from the ancient soicity that lived under the caves they wouldn't even know what a human is.

I've only seen that much hate for humans among; well, humans. WX has a skull and quite possibly a human brain encased in it.

I RPed them for a veeeery short time, but I had a backstory planned out for them based around that. Kind of gory though so I wont go into it.

Empathy is just one emotion, so its quite possible that they can feel any range of emotion, just not empathy (even though they empathize with other robots, I don't think they're being entirely true with the whole empathy thing, or that its actually like a program- just a faulty one, that doesnt respond sometime. Hence the quote)  and I think WX is a very jaded person against humans for some reason. So that hints at a background with humans in it, if they were actually from the ancient soicity that lived under the caves they wouldn't even know what a human is.

I've only seen that much hate for humans among; well, humans. WX has a skull and quite possibly a human brain encased in it.

I RPed them for a veeeery short time, but I had a backstory planned out for them based around that. Kind of gory though so I wont go into it.

If You Have Played WX78 In RoG And Got Hit By A Thunder You Could See His Skull And Bones...

WX-78_lightning_strike.png

Wx-78 is human, in some sense. He's a "soulless automation", this could imply that he's dead.. Or he used to be in piece (pun intended). Doesn't Wx-78 remind you of Frankenstein's monster?

frankenstein2.gif

The bolts.. The electricity, or the lightning.. Something that used to be human..

I.. I'm quite interested, you should totally share it! I think you can post it with the spoiler thing, so that it's basically hidden (unless people want to know what you're sharing).

I.. I'm quite interested, you should totally share it! I think you can post it with the spoiler thing, so that it's basically hidden (unless people want to know what you're sharing).

Alright here goes nothing, kinda gross towards the end so if the phrase "peels off their own skin" disturbs you don't look at this

Once upon a time, there was a person. And like all people, at one point in there life they grew sick of it. Sick of the people. Sick of the humans, humans were too cruel and yet too weak to accomplish anything worth accomplishing.

They got sick too easy, they got hurt too easy, these where things this person knew all too well.

So they made a wish. It was to no one in particular, perhaps it was more of a plea to the universe itself. A plea to become better then the humans that surrounded them. I don't think they expected an answer, and maybe if they never got one they would of continued to live life as they had been, abit sad and miserable. But a response was given, on a cold night when the wind was indistinguishable from actual whispers. A smooth voice and reassuring words. Its everything they wanted to hear, the voice promised them a means to an end, the knowlage of how to become more then human. All they had to do was agree.

Simple enough.

Maybe it was the cold, maybe it was excitement, but when they wake up suddenly the soreness is gone, any feeling of pain is suddenly lifted.

They go to a junk yard, strip old cars of their chrome and take brass pipes that where thrown away because they sprung leaks. Anything that the voice told them to get. Its melted down and shaped into small parts, soon enough every part is made.

Then comes the next part. Even with burnt hands from shaping and bending hot metal, they didn't care. Any pain they would of felt was gone now, it was required for the next step.

So they take a cleaver, and chop off the seared flesh. They peel the skin from their arms and let it fall to the ground. They dont need it, they cant feel it, its useless to them now. Its soon replaced with artificial things, blood vessels with wires, muscles with motors.  But even with any semblance of pain gone it doesn't stop the body from bleeding, or from the mind trying to block out the horror. So the person falls to the ground with a thump, far from done.

The shadows embrace the body, finishing the job. Full brain death only happens thirty minutes later when heart stops beating after all, and its not like they were going to need it anyway.

If the demon didn't have his own agenda, he probably would of left the horror of a machine to do as it pleased, but pawns are always needed and a shiny new one would please his overseers.

Someone on tumblr pointed out to me that WX might be like an Eva, who are "humans" in the vaguest sense of the term, just encased in metal and are suppressed from thinking for themselves. WX can think for themselves but they do allude to some sort of forgetfulness, saying things remind them of something without actually stating what it reminded them of, things like that. They do seem to suppress their emotions until its convenient for them, I dont know whether thats something they choose to do or not though.

Again this is just my personal interpretation of WX. *shrugs*

Alright here goes nothing, kinda gross towards the end so if the phrase "peels off their own skin" disturbs you don't look at this

Once upon a time, there was a person. And like all people, at one point in there life they grew sick of it. Sick of the people. Sick of the humans, humans were too cruel and yet too weak to accomplish anything worth accomplishing.

They got sick too easy, they got hurt too easy, these where things this person knew all too well.

So they made a wish. It was to no one in particular, perhaps it was more of a plea to the universe itself. A plea to become better then the humans that surrounded them. I don't think they expected an answer, and maybe if they never got one they would of continued to live life as they had been, abit sad and miserable. But a response was given, on a cold night when the wind was indistinguishable from actual whispers. A smooth voice and reassuring words. Its everything they wanted to hear, the voice promised them a means to an end, the knowlage of how to become more then human. All they had to do was agree.

Simple enough.

Maybe it was the cold, maybe it was excitement, but when they wake up suddenly the soreness is gone, any feeling of pain is suddenly lifted.

They go to a junk yard, strip old cars of their chrome and take brass pipes that where thrown away because they sprung leaks. Anything that the voice told them to get. Its melted down and shaped into small parts, soon enough every part is made.

Then comes the next part. Even with burnt hands from shaping and bending hot metal, they didn't care. Any pain they would of felt was gone now, it was required for the next step.

So they take a cleaver, and chop off the seared flesh. They peel the skin from their arms and let it fall to the ground. They dont need it, they cant feel it, its useless to them now. Its soon replaced with artificial things, blood vessels with wires, muscles with motors.  But even with any semblance of pain gone it doesn't stop the body from bleeding, or from the mind trying to block out the horror. So the person falls to the ground with a thump, far from done.

The shadows embrace the body, finishing the job. Full brain death only happens thirty minutes later when heart stops beating after all, and its not like they were going to need it anyway.

If the demon didn't have his own agenda, he probably would of left the horror of a machine to do as it pleased, but pawns are always needed and a shiny new one would please his overseers.

Someone on tumblr pointed out to me that WX might be like an Eva, who are "humans" in the vaguest sense of the term, just encased in metal and are suppressed from thinking for themselves. WX can think for themselves but they do allude to some sort of forgetfulness, saying things remind them of something without actually stating what it reminded them of, things like that. They do seem to suppress their emotions until its convenient for them, I dont know whether thats something they choose to do or not though.

Again this is just my personal interpretation of WX. *shrugs*

I feel crushed. I thought he was like, a real robot with a cool backstory...

But I do have something to say: They don't have to be bones. Odds are he has some sort of bone-like structure in him, as he was designed to be a human, just not actually human, as the picture that is my profile picture reveals.  He is lacking many bones that you would need to actually survive as a human, but you don't need to help maintain the shape of a human.

The fact that the campfire reminds him of something could really be anything, as everyone has some knowledge of what Wilson looks like, even though they have never seen him. Plus we have no idea what it reminds him of. It is something from Earth, or whatever his world is, but our clues stop there.

As far as I can tell, he does not hesitate to speak his mind. He says how he likes bees, their warmth in his pocket is comforting. He hates everything else, and speaks his mind of that often.

I think that Maxwell somehow resurrected or created WX-78 whilst creating the Island, since he is much more advanced then the Clockworks that Maxwell is proud of building. Maxwell mentioned that he borrowed stuff from other lands and dimensions when creating the Island (like the Red Birds are from the Fire Lands) so maybe WX-78 was brought to the Island by Maxwell in an attempt to make him some sort of enemy to the humans. Remember that nothing was there before Maxwell arrived, just dust and Them. 

Maxwell underestimated WX's capablities, and WX managed to escape his grasp and get to the Island from Maxwell's place where he rules. This makes more sense if you think about how at the end of Adventure Mode, Maxwell "escapes" to the Island instead of going back to the 1920's.

Just what I think. 

He's delusional. That explains the contradictions in his text when it comes to being able to 'smell' things and his hatred of all living things. 

He is so delusional that he will eat gears (never mind the damage to his his digestive track) to 'improve' himself. It's psychosomatic; he thinks eating them will make him stronger; so they do.

As for getting electrocuted and running faster? Same issue; the pain of his copper suit jolting with electricity makes him run faster to run off the pain.

He is human...just not the sanest.

Plus he is from the 1970's; he knows what a Dot Matrix printer is.

*BEEP BOOP* *I AM A ROBOT*

Archived