Ninja summer

I recently started a new world not knowing summer would come instead of winter (didn't know this was possible). I explored 75% of my world in 15-ish days and on the begin of summer I felt a screw right up my arse, anyways I gathered ice from all glaciers on my map (12 ice in total) so that equals 1 ice cube hat.

Is there anything else to keep yourself easily cool with? Because my hat is going to run out soon and I'm about to turn into a BBQ Webber.

(I don't have gras/twig recourses anymore and also used my 2 leftover ice to repair the hat a bit)

Make an endothermic fire pit. 1 log, 5 cut stone, and 2 electric doodads. Not good if you want to travel, but it will keep you alive at least.

Thermal Stone will help in desperate times, but you have to be careful or you will actually start to freeze with it on too long.

They added a really good item in the last update and it's the summer frest. You should be able to collect every material you need to make one during any season but winter, i.e. 4 papyrus + 4 red feathers + 4 pig skins. All you need then is with an endothermal fire pit to cool down. You can also cool a thermal stone near your fire pit or in an icebox.

What the summer frest allows you to do is basically the same thing as in winter: explore ! Cool yourself down during the night, bring a cold thermal stone and the summer frest with you during the day and you are off to explore. You need to be careful, however, as the summer frest will not permanently cool you down like the icecube. It will only give you some resistance to overheating. You will thus need an alternative method of cooling (e.g. endothermal fire pit, a lot of icecream, etc.), but who cares, it's dapper ! =)

Do you have a fridge? If you do you can craft 2 thermal stones, keep one on the fridge and use the other, and when the one with you gets hot just pick the other and put yours in the fridge.

Has anyone tested using 2 heat stones?  Leave one outside in the summer and the other in the ice box?  Pick up both and it would keep you at a good temperature and not freeze you?

Archived