About Wall Placement

May be an old issue, but has wall placement been so buggy all the time?

I just decided to build a wall around my base (haven't done this in months) and crafted about 40 stone walls. I started placing them but every third wall i tried to place just got placed down wrong.

I am aware that this might be cuased my the mod I am using (geometrical structures [or so) = places down structures on a grid).

I ended up in destroying about a third of the placed walls, because i just wasnt able to put them down the way I clicked.

Has something similar happened to you?

I admit it's a little tricky to place them down properly, but it is doable once you get used to it. The key is to rotate the camera in the proper angle, then you should be able to place them in a perfect line rather easily. Just make sure you don't mouse over an already built wall while your character moves in to build the new wall, otherwise you're going to end up upgrading it, instead of building a new one. Besides what I just said, I never had problems making walls as I wanted.

I admit it's a little tricky to place them down properly, but it is doable once you get used to it. The key is to rotate the camera in the proper angle, then you should be able to place them in a perfect line rather easily. Just make sure you don't mouse over an already built wall while your character moves in to build the new wall, otherwise you're going to end up upgrading it, instead of building a new one. Besides what I just said, I never had problems making walls as I wanted.

Thanks, but I know the trick with the camera, I also zoom in to make sure I put it excactly where I want it. but somehow I feel like when placing the wall it somehow moves me away (because it is a block type structure) and places itself elsewhere. Dunno :/

it is really annoying... thanks anyways :)

I had the same problem using an architectural mod. It would always place the wall NEXT to where I wanted it. Also, when trying to get structures lined up like drying racks, it seems I could never get it as close as I normally do, so I disable it for the most part. Works great when I'm planting flowers next to my bee boxes tho. I can get 3 or 4 flowers between my boxes and a tight circle around each one. They may be too tight tho.... bees seem to keep looking for flowers farther away.

I got frustrated by placing walls in nice rows (as well as other things like trees, grass, twigs) so I started working on a mod to solve this problem.  I'll post it on the forums here, and on Steam, when it's done.  I'm calling it the "10-in-a-row" mod for now because that's what it aims to do.

As said in another thread, perhaps the devs could let you draw a line on the ground for where you'd want to place walls, then your character would simply place them in order until you run out of walls. It would make building alot more convenient! With none of that camera nonsense!

I got frustrated by placing walls in nice rows (as well as other things like trees, grass, twigs) so I started working on a mod to solve this problem.  I'll post it on the forums here, and on Steam, when it's done.  I'm calling it the "10-in-a-row" mod for now because that's what it aims to do.

Did you finally release the mod? it sounds really nice.

As said in another thread, perhaps the devs could let you draw a line on the ground for where you'd want to place walls, then your character would simply place them in order until you run out of walls. It would make building alot more convenient! With none of that camera nonsense!

Age of empires style, would be nice but i don't think they will ever do it since they don't evne have an action queue, i downloaded a action queue mod recently and it's so nice, after you pick 500.000 sapling, gras, berries.... 1 by 1 its get so annoying.

I hope they will add some kind of line construction tool but i doubt they will.

Archived